2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hmmm...it's all well and good wanting to finish the season strongly but the first game is as important as the last, especially when it's against probably your biggest contender for a top 4 spot; he's not a racehorse trainer giving his team three quiet runs in maidens to get them ready for a big handicap!. I'm not sure that starting the season slowly has any real correlation with finishing it strongly anyway.

Leigh started slowly

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Honestly I don't really know and not really sure how you could measure it. For me we are two very similar clubs and we will hold bragging rights after this season. What do you reckon?

Probably very little in it. Very similar clubs, IMHO. In terms of league position, and of the three games we played, you've edged it this year. What's your average attendance been? I suppose a lot of it comes down to spending power in terms of the squad, and revenue.

Oh the boas brothers from PNG

Good luck 

They'll sign on for a low fee, then every man and his dog in PNG will want a kick back from the signing. 

Wait till you get the demands for family and friends, new house.. Oh and a car. 

There's cracking young lads over here that deserve a chance. 

It will end in tears.. Without doubt. 

30 minutes ago, coolie said:

Good luck 

They'll sign on for a low fee, then every man and his dog in PNG will want a kick back from the signing. 

Yawn!!! 

You really are boring me now.

6 hours ago, coolie said:

Good luck 

Sheffield Eagles have signed lots of over seas players without problems. I get the impression your possible outcome is actually what you are hoping to happen and finally these cracking young lads over here that deserve a chance , then why doesn’t Dewsbury sign them up and have a highly competitive Team for next year instead of a repetitive struggling one year in year out?.

7 hours ago, coolie said:

Good luck 

This guys been watching far too much jeremy kyle.

9 hours ago, coolie said:

Good luck 

I think you're being a bit optimistic there, mate. I can see these two signings leading to the financial ruin of the club. There'll be a fire sale of the squad, the best of whom will be picked up for next to nothing by Dewsbury. This will kick-start a renaissance of sorts at Crown Flatt, where the club will gain Super League status within 5 years, and go on to win the Challenge Cup for a record 17 consecutive years. Everyone in Featherstone will look on in jealousy, ruing the day the club didn't heed the advice of the user Coolie on the Total RL forums by avoiding those two fateful, disastrous signings.

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

I think you're being a bit optimistic there, mate. I can see these two signings leading to the financial ruin of the club. There'll be a fire sale of the squad, the best of whom will be picked up for next to nothing by Dewsbury. This will kick-start a renaissance of sorts at Crown Flatt, where the club will gain Super League status within 5 years, and go on to win the Challenge Cup for a record 17 consecutive years. Everyone in Featherstone will look on in jealousy, ruing the day the club didn't heed the advice of the user Coolie on the Total RL forums by avoiding those two fateful, disastrous signings.

Correct,now can you tell me the lottery numbers for tonight please ?

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fev will go bust in 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019.

And year after and year after that etc etc???

Fev will go bust in 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019.

Can’t you see he’s winding you all up,he even does it to his fellow Rams fans ?

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Can’t you see he’s winding you all up,he even does it to his fellow Rams fans ?

Graham,

You are quite correct and to be honest it just makes me smile. Coolie is not as scary in real life.

Enjoy the rest of the season except when Dewsbury play Fev. ?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, marklaspalmas said:

OP updated and amended again....

Featherstone Rovers have used 36 players this season plus Chris Ulugia who hasn't played.

9 of those were DR players from Leeds and 4 more loan signings (Turgut, Smith, Whylie, Clark)

Of 24 players then, we have

16 Players confirmed/pending for 2019

Martyn Ridyard (injured) CONFIRMED

Connor Farrell

Jason Walton (injured) CONFIRMED

Anthony Thackeray

Scott Wheeldon (Injured) CONFIRMED

James Lockwood CONFIRMED

Shaun Robinson

Josh Hardcastle

Matty Wildie

Keal Carlile

Luke Cooper CONFIRMED

Brad Knowles

John Davies CONFIRMED

Sam Brooks

Danny Maskill

James Thornton ??

8 Players leaving

Luke Briscoe - Leeds (Back on DR)

Ian Hardman - Retiring

Misi Taulapapa - Retiring

Richard Moore -

Gareth Hock -

Tom Holmes - Huddersfield

Chris Ulugia - Injured

Frankie Mariano - Doncaster

New Players

Watson Boas?

Ase Boas?

Knowles going to sheffield . 

• 2 weeks later...

There's also a piece with Davide Longo in tonight's League Weekly. He says that the dpearture of Hock was one of the consequences of not making the top 4 and the reduced funding, but "the removal of the other players, which is about ten, at least eight of them were going anyway regardless of where we finished".

One or two of these might be wrong or still negotiating, but you'd think based on what we know so far the "about ten" would come from Holmes, Briscoe, Ulugia, Carlile, Wildie, Knowles, Thacks, Brooks, Robinson, Misi, Moore, Thornton, Maskill and Hardman (that's 14).

Gareth Walker in League Express says Shaun Robinson is set to be confirmed as having signed for Halifax next season.

Shaun is a hard working winger who has not let us down but if he wants to move on for more money fair does to him.However he is replaceable,a good centre can make a winger and in the modern game one six seven and nine are the key positions.Good luck to him next season apart from when we play Fax.

Archived