2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

7 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Shaun is a hard working winger who has not let us down but if he wants to move on for more money fair does to him.However he is replaceable,a good centre can make a winger and in the modern game one six seven and nine are the key positions.Good luck to him next season apart from when we play Fax.

Agree with all the above though I suspect "move on for more money" might not be the best way of putting it.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Gareth Walker in League Express says Shaun Robinson is set to be confirmed as having signed for Halifax next season.

Robinson's a fine winger, a hard worker, who's perhaps been overshadowed this seasons by Briscoe's record-breaking run. If he's going, good luck to him.

yes, i've been impressed with Shaun. shame if he's going

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

14 Players confirmed/pending for 2019

Martyn Ridyard CONFIRMED

Connor Farrell

Jason Walton CONFIRMED

Anthony Thackeray

Scott Wheeldon CONFIRMED

James Lockwood CONFIRMED

Josh Hardcastle

Matty Wildie

Keal Carlile

Luke Cooper CONFIRMED

John Davies CONFIRMED

Sam Brooks

Danny Maskill

James Thornton

10 Players leaving

Brad Knowles To Sheffield??

Shaun Robinson To Halifax??

Luke Briscoe - Leeds (Back on DR)

Ian Hardman - Retiring

Misi Taulapapa - Retiring

Richard Moore - To Hunslet?

Gareth Hock - To Newcastle/Cutsyke?

Tom Holmes - Huddersfield

Chris Ulugia - Injured

Frankie Mariano - Doncaster

4 New Players

Watson Boas from PNG CONFIRMED

Ase Boas from PNG CONFIRMED

Brad Day from Batley?

James Harrison from Batley?

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Martyn Ridyard CONFIRMED

Connor Farrell

Jason Walton CONFIRMED

Anthony Thackeray

Scott Wheeldon CONFIRMED

James Lockwood CONFIRMED

Josh Hardcastle

Matty Wildie

Keal Carlile

Luke Cooper CONFIRMED

John Davies CONFIRMED

Sam Brooks

Danny Maskill

James Thornton

10 Players leaving

Ian Hardman - Retiring

Chris Ulugia - Injured

4 New Players

Brad Day from Batley?

Good work updating this, think the next few weeks will keep this thread on its toes!. Pretty sure Misi said he isn't retiring and is considering offers from other teams, whilst Hardman also said on the recent official website interview that he's weighing up his options. Also Hock said the Newcastle story wasn't true.

Also, Morgan Punchard can be added to the new players bit.

My guess is that at least 3 or 4 of those not confirmed in the top list will be moving on, but we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Martyn Ridyard CONFIRMED

Connor Farrell

Jason Walton CONFIRMED

Anthony Thackeray

Scott Wheeldon CONFIRMED

James Lockwood CONFIRMED

Josh Hardcastle

Matty Wildie

Keal Carlile

Luke Cooper CONFIRMED

John Davies CONFIRMED

Sam Brooks

Danny Maskill

James Thornton

10 Players leaving

Ian Hardman - Retiring

Chris Ulugia - Injured

4 New Players

Brad Day from Batley?

Pretty sure Hardcastle has been confirmed as staying but can't remember where. I'll have a look, may have been from the forum.

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Pretty sure Hardcastle has been confirmed as staying but can't remember where. I'll have a look, may have been from the forum.

Failing any other evidence, when Richard Moore tweeted that he was leaving Fev Josh tweeted back to him something along the lines of "can't believe you're leaving me with Luke Cooper."

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Davide Longo was guest on West Yorkshire Sport on Radio Leeds this evening and said that we have "about 5 more" announcements to be made over signings over the next couple of weeks.

19 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There's also a piece with Davide Longo in tonight's League Weekly. He says that the dpearture of Hock was one of the consequences of not making the top 4 and the reduced funding, but "the removal of the other players, which is about ten, at least eight of them were going anyway regardless of where we finished".

One or two of these might be wrong or still negotiating, but you'd think based on what we know so far the "about ten" would come from Holmes, Briscoe, Ulugia, Carlile, Wildie, Knowles, Thacks, Brooks, Robinson, Misi, Moore, Thornton, Maskill and Hardman (that's 14).

About 5 in and about 10 out is going to leave a tiny squad! 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

24 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

About 5 in and about 10 out is going to leave a tiny squad! 

Indeed, but there were comments too that implied that we would remain very much in the market but would be awaiting opportunities...I took that to mean the merry-go-round that would take place once the middle 8s, especially, were done. You could imagine, for example, Toronto releasing plenty of quality players if they make SL, and across the divisions there will be lots of players whose statuses won't be confirmed until the final placings are confirmed. Similarly, if, say, Hull KR have a couple of overseas signings that are dependent on them retaining their SL place, that might mean a couple more leaving the club and becoming available in a few weeks.

24 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can't quite work out why but it seems like the London squad could be being split apart as well but obviously that may change one way or another depending on the million pound game.

You'd think the likes of Cunningham as well as Sammut would be on their way if they don't make SL, and they are definitely losing Matt Davis, who is an important and underrated player for them. From the outside you get the impression that David Hughes is reining in the spending more each year, they didn't really attempt to replace Barthau and Ackers when they lost them last year.

They have done very well this year, partly because of young players coming through their system, but you can't keep losing your quality players each year without replacing them or eventually you're going to struggle.

7 Players confirmed & 7 pending for 2019

Martyn Ridyard CONFIRMED

Luke Cooper CONFIRMED

John Davies CONFIRMED

Jason Walton CONFIRMED

Scott Wheeldon CONFIRMED

James Lockwood CONFIRMED

Josh Hardcastle CONFIRMED

Anthony Thackeray

Connor Farrell

Matty Wildie

Keal Carlile

Sam Brooks

Danny Maskill

James Thornton

10 Players leaving

Ian Hardman - Retiring

Misi Taulapapa - ?

Gareth Hock - ?

Chris Ulugia - Injured

5 New Players

Morgan Puncheon CONFIRMED

Brad Day from Batley?

28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Didn't see that one coming. Pleased with that, hope he'll continue to develop with us. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

A good signing, and a much better arrangement with Leeds than him just being available through DR. Let's sign up Newman next!

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

A good signing, and a much better arrangement with Leeds than him just being available through DR. Let's sign up Newman next!

Can't see them letting Newman come on a season long loan, he could even break into their first team as the season goes on. But I can see him being at Fev early in the season until they get some injuries, which would be nice if Walton's not ready early on.

If the evil D/R continues into next season it might even work out well for Fev this time? 

19 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Can't see them letting Newman come on a season long loan, he could even break into their first team as the season goes on. But I can see him being at Fev early in the season until they get some injuries, which would be nice if Walton's not ready early on.

If the evil D/R continues into next season it might even work out well for Fev this time? 

We live in hope! 

That's Leeds Rhinos and England Academy's Kiedan Hartley signed for next season.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/england-academy-star-joins-featherstone-Ik0Qj

Plays as a full back, but I'd expect someone else to arrive for that position (Will Sharpe?) since the kid's only 18. 

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

That's Leeds Rhinos and England Academy's Kiedan Hartley signed for next season.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/england-academy-star-joins-featherstone-Ik0Qj

Plays as a full back, but I'd expect someone else to arrive for that position (Will Sharpe?) since the kid's only 18. 

Seems able to play in a few positions, full back,  centre and winger. Certainly can’t complain about the other 2 youngsters we have had in the team from Leeds, so hopefully he’s the same.

6 hours ago, hrtbps said:

This is the lad i mentioned a few month ago in the fullback thread on here. Best position is fullback but a capable wing or center aswel, very quick and elusive, bit on the small side. Think he'l be an exciting player for you, id rate him not as talented as Newman but more talented than Whylie.  Good signing

Archived