2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

1 minute ago, RobLambert said:

That's sad news imo.  I don't think all fans would see it that way (but it seems to be a Fev thing that our half backs are never good enough).  Two full seasons at half back and 2 top 4 finishes speaks for itself doesn't it ?  (Although he might have returned to the side for the second half of this season I think his form was as good as ever)

For me Thacks has been very good for us and a decent signing overall. It seems well accepted that he was one of our bigger earners when he signed that 3-year contract and given he'll be 33 in February he was never likely to be offered anything in the same ballpark you'd think.

You got the impression that MC didn't think in 2017 that we always got value for money from our half backs and given our two highest-profile signings last year were Ridyard and Holmes the writing was always on the wall that this would be Thacks' last eyar at Fev.

To his credit he has had a really good year in 2018, did his best in unfamiliar positions at full back and centre and then did a good job when returning to half back after Holmes/Ridyard got hurt, in fact I think he has played better this year than in 2017 and his try tally has shot back up.

With Ridyard, the Boas brothers and the youngster Punchard all on the books at half back though you'd imagine it would have been difficult for the club in its current financial situation to justify offering him much of a contract.

Hope he has good luck in his future, he's been an enjoyable player to watch.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players confirmed

Martyn Ridyard

Luke Cooper

John Davies

Jason Walton

Scott Wheeldon

James Lockwood

Josh Hardcastle

James Harrison from Batley

Watson Boas from PNG

Ase Boas from PNG

Dakota Whylie

Morgan Puncheon

Kieden Hartley from Leeds

James Beckett from Castleford

Spencer Darley from Leeds

Brad Day from Batley??

Players leaving

Brad Knowles To Sheffield??

Shaun Robinson To Halifax

Luke Briscoe - Leeds

Ian Hardman - Retiring?

Misi Taulapapa - ?

Richard Moore - To Hunslet

Gareth Hock - ?

Tom Holmes - Huddersfield

Chris Ulugia - Injured

Frankie Mariano - Doncaster

Keal Carlile - Newcastle

Anthony Thackeray - ?

Matty Wildie - Bradford??

Players Pending

Connor Farrell??

Sam Brooks??

Danny Maskill??

James Thornton??

✍️ RECRUITMENT!

Batley Bulldogs 2018 Players' Player of the Year and top try-scorer Brad Day has joined Featherstone Rovers for the 2019 season!

? WELCOME TO THE TEAM!

➡️ READ full details here: http://bit.ly/2R9QzOp   

#TogetherAsOne

Im Fev and im proud

27 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

✍️ RECRUITMENT!

Batley Bulldogs 2018 Players' Player of the Year and top try-scorer Brad Day has joined Featherstone Rovers for the 2019 season!

? WELCOME TO THE TEAM!

➡️ READ full details here: http://bit.ly/2R9QzOp   

#TogetherAsOne

you have taken two of the best , them two with Davis you have a great back three.

39 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The way our squad is shaping up, they might both have to play middle though.

they are both up to it, I for one are very sorry to see them go, but il still see them as I still watch Featherstone pretty often

Updated with this week's news....

17 Players confirmed

Martyn Ridyard

Luke Cooper

John Davies

Jason Walton

Scott Wheeldon

James Lockwood

Josh Hardcastle

James Harrison from Batley

Watson Boas from PNG

Ase Boas from PNG

Thompson Teteh from PNG

Dakota Whylie

Morgan Puncheon

Kieden Hartley from Leeds

James Beckett from Castleford

Spencer Darley from Leeds

Brad Day from Batley

13 Players leaving

Brad Knowles To Sheffield

Shaun Robinson To Halifax

Luke Briscoe - Leeds

Ian Hardman - ?

Misi Taulapapa - ?

Richard Moore - To Hunslet

Gareth Hock - ?

Tom Holmes - Huddersfield

Chris Ulugia - Injured

Frankie Mariano - Doncaster

Keal Carlile - Newcastle

Anthony Thackeray - ?

Matty Wildie - Bradford??

4 Players Pending

Connor Farrell??

Sam Brooks??

Danny Maskill??

James Thornton??

I hadn't realised that Duffy was also out of contract, given his extention earlier in the year was top 4 dependent. I'd like him to stay, however whoever is coaching us next year I'd hope would be having a significant say in the shaping of the squad. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Missed him today he's not stopping wage cut

Thackeray is a terrible player on a big wage why would we keep him . We have got two PNG half backs Ridyard Morgan Punchard and possibly Wilde . Good riddance I won’t miss all the passes into touch rubbish kicks and interceptions he gives away .

2 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

Thackeray is a terrible player on a big wage why would we keep him . We have got two PNG half backs Ridyard Morgan Punchard and possibly Wilde . Good riddance I won’t miss all the passes into touch rubbish kicks and interceptions he gives away .

He's not terrible in my opinion, we, ll have to agree to disagree I, ll belive we've 3  PNG players when they are on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, MADREDNIGE said:

He's not terrible in my opinion, we, ll have to agree to disagree I, ll belive we've 3  PNG players when they are on the pitch. 

Thackeray was a good player in his day he’s getting on now he’s done nothing this season to earn hisself a new contract but like you say it’s different opinions obviously the chairman and board agreed with me though ?

6 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

Thackeray was a good player in his day he’s getting on now he’s done nothing this season to earn hisself a new contract but like you say it’s different opinions obviously the chairman and board agreed with me though ?

Well we can't keep everyone 

4 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

I don't agree.

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Robinson to Halifax confirmed https://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/article/51874/shaun-robinson-signs Not sure I'd agree with Marshall's assessment that he "has electric pace."

He's quick off the mark which is what makes him useful from acting half. Doesn't often actually make a clean break but did well for us. Not an irreplaceable playerat this level though, he's a solid Championship player.

Archived