2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

On 10/24/2018 at 9:38 AM, Tubby said:

I think people generally underestimate the income that Bradford generate from the numbers of season ticket holders and the size of their crowds in general.  Averaging over 3.5k for this season puts a decent amaount in the player budget for next.

I wish Rovers could get their crowds up to those levels, but unfortunately it's not so simple!

Ones a city, ones a small town! 

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2018 at 2:36 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And budget next year is, not surprisingly, down by a bit more than the reduction in central funding.

Our Dewsbury friends Coolie and Graham Fisher seem to think there is some 'interesting' news due soon re Sheffield which may explain their lack of announcements of players they are rumoured to have signed....   

They not usually far off the mark. 

The way things are going we will not even have a first team squad never mind an A team. The recruitment seems to have completely dried up.and we have not even got a 17.
Fighting for the top 5 , somebody is taking the p..s,  more like middle on even  lower unless the big wigs know  something we don't.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Colin..... have you not learned anything?

Please take some advice owd cock.... this is meant in good faith and is no way meant as a criticism ....

But for heaven's sake owd lad....

Stay away from facebook......

I hear you. Wise words from Evans above.

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Rumours of Ridyard going. Another silly comedy touch?

Its kind of old news that he may have been unsettled hence my question a few weeks back whether he were under contract for next season. I couldn't understand why a player under contract would be talking to other teams.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its kind of old news that he may have been unsettled hence my question a few weeks back whether he were under contract for next season. I couldn't understand why a player under contract would be talking to other teams.

Money £££

52 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Talking of money,I heard a rumour saying Halifax have asked their players to take a pay cut.

Another one? Hard to swallow when they've just had a top four cash injection

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Another one? Hard to swallow when they've just had a top four cash injection

Looking at their accounts I'd say they've been using some of their central funding to pay off some of their debt. Considering that central funding for Championship clubs may well fall significantly after next season that may prove to have been a wise move.

2 hours ago, haskey said:

The way things are going we will not even have a first team squad never mind an A team. The recruitment seems to have completely dried up.and we have not even got a 17.
Fighting for the top 5 , somebody is taking the p..s,  more like middle on even  lower unless the big wigs know  something we don't.

I'm not sure what's happening with the FT teams in the Championship, but Bradford (and possibly 'fax) aside, all the 'PT' clubs look to be in the same boat with regards recruitment numbers.

3 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Thing with Halifax, theyve been getting pretty poor crowds, they rent there ground off the council, was also told the council takes most of takings if not all off there catering profits aswell. So they will have very little income coming, other than the funding.

Pay cut time at fax... Again

27 minutes ago, hoolifan27 said:

No paycut at fax so not sure where you heard that rubbish.

Also fax have gone for riddy after he was told to take a paycut or look elsewhere. Think bulls have made him an offer as well. Will see but he will not be at fev next season. 

Let's just pull back for a second.

A quick glance through the Fax forum tells us that you claimed last year that Dane Chisholm had signed for Fax.

Then a few weeks ago you claimed the "Sammut deal was completed".

Then even more recently you claimed that Joe Keyes was "Fax-bound".

Then the same day someone puts on this forum that Riddy was asked to take a paycut/look elsewhere you repeat it on the Fax forum using the exact same words as if it's gospel.

So Fax are according to you signing three new half backs.

The Ridyard story may or may not be true, but I'd advise people to just sit tight and wait for any news to come out rather than listen to this guesser.

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Let's just pull back for a second.

A quick glance through the Fax forum tells us that you claimed last year that Dane Chisholm had signed for Fax.

Then a few weeks ago you claimed the "Sammut deal was completed".

Then even more recently you claimed that Joe Keyes was "Fax-bound".

Then the same day someone puts on this forum that Riddy was asked to take a paycut/look elsewhere you repeat it on the Fax forum using the exact same words as if it's gospel.

So Fax are according to you signing three new half backs.

The Ridyard story may or may not be true, but I'd advise people to just sit tight and wait for any news to come out rather than listen to this guesser.

Having spoken to a bone fide employee of Featherstone Rovers he has categorically stated that Ridyard will be at Fev next season. Who do I believe the most, a rugby forum user or an employee of the club? 

On 10/24/2018 at 2:36 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And budget next year is, not surprisingly, down by a bit more than the reduction in central funding.

Our Dewsbury friends Coolie and Graham Fisher seem to think there is some 'interesting' news due soon re Sheffield which may explain their lack of announcements of players they are rumoured to have signed....   

oops...this "news" was rubbished by Sheffield's Chief Operations Officer on their fans FB page yesterday and this afternoon Sheffield have announced three signings from Dewsbury...

http://www.sheffieldeagles.com/article/51955/eagles-swoop-for-dewsbury-trio?fbclid=IwAR2w6KxgfOzBcwzzXrK7NpI0ArBZtAsYdaGnUsWkj527-t8ade8PhLzdDU4

(incidentally, Brad Knowles "liked" the Twitter announcement of these signings, lest anyone be in doubt as to whether his transfer to Sheffield is still on).

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

oops...this "news" was rubbished by Sheffield's Chief Operations Officer on their fans FB page yesterday and this afternoon Sheffield have announced three signings from Dewsbury...

http://www.sheffieldeagles.com/article/51955/eagles-swoop-for-dewsbury-trio?fbclid=IwAR2w6KxgfOzBcwzzXrK7NpI0ArBZtAsYdaGnUsWkj527-t8ade8PhLzdDU4

(incidentally, Brad Knowles "liked" the Twitter announcement of these signings, lest anyone be in doubt as to whether his transfer to Sheffield is still on).

Shock! Horror!..............internet rumour found to be false......................emergency questions being put to the Prime Minister on how it could be so!

22 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Ones a city, ones a small town! 

I know Nige, but the catchment area is bigger than just Featherstone and other small towns have shown that decent crowds are feasible (Cas is hardly a metropolis).  The geography is only one factor, there is far more to the ability to generate good crowds, of which I would suggest a successful team is by far the greatest.

Archived