2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep and some Leigh fans seem to think Evans has settled too. Which makes the timing of the rumours relating to us interesting.

If thats reight the timing fits doesn't it.

Delbert to announce they're not in admin anymore and then the series of coach/players to be announced. Early Dec some suggest...

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

If thats reight the timing fits doesn't it.

Delbert to announce they're not in admin anymore and then the series of coach/players to be announced. Early Dec some suggest...

They haven't been in admin, just rumours of DB threatening to take that route. If they had they'd be looking at a possible points deduction next season and DB would struggle to pass the fiit and proper person test.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but apart from Riddy leaving which seems now was on the cards. IF there is any problems with the Boas brothers not coming to us wouldn’t it have been a good idea to keep Thacks just in case, otherwise we will be starting next season without a very good proven half back.

I would have liked to keep Thacks and Wildie on last years performances.How much contract money did they want?.I would think about 15G a year would be about right,maybe up to 18G for Thacks 16G for Wildie at a push.Although my prefered contract would be a smaller retainer and then extra match terms on top on results.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I would have liked to keep Thacks and Wildie on last years performances.How much contract money did they want?.I would think about 15G a year would be about right,maybe up to 18G for Thacks 16G for Wildie at a push.Although my prefered contract would be a smaller retainer and then extra match terms on top on results.

I think that is what they are worth but they was on way more than that ,that was the problem . Wilde is now full time at Bradford so that shows how much they have offered him .

1 hour ago, Gareth hock said:

If we got three to four thousand season tickets sales then maybe we would be able to go full time

The fact they've gone areolas-up about 27 times in the past 5 years - and of course will again - would suggest it's not quite that simple. 

On 11/14/2018 at 1:19 PM, Robin Evans said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-138/

I'm assuming he can only go if 

1. We get an acceptable fee.

2. Campbell says he can go.

Hmmm I hope then that his niggly injury doesn't flare up and stop him playing for Fev ...if you know what I mean!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, mightyship said:

Enlighten us

If he wants to leave and the club won't allow it he's not going to be much good to you is he!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Back to squad news, and although I don't think this is very surprising the club has confirmed that Jason Walton has been released on mutually agreed terms.

Another player gone is not really the news we wanted to be hearing now, but it sounds like his injury was going to be another long-term one so in terms of the start of next season it probably doesn't have that much impact. Shame though as he did really well for us when able to get on the field.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Just looking for a beam to throw a rope over.

But what is the alternative to letting him go? With the injury he sustained it could be another Ulugia moment in the making and can we afford to have another player sat in the stands all season? It's harsh but if he can't be guaranteed to being 100% for the start of the season then tough choices need to be made.

Archived