2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great work Phantom. YouTube Reels can reel you in but on this occasion there seems to be sufficient material (evidence) to make one reasonably confident this is a good signing. He looks to be strong and fast with a good step. If he is a good guy in the Misi mound mentally then it could be a great signing. Hopefully Ryan will know his personality well enough to have engineered this signing.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree with all that. The no 4 played at hooker in the 2nd half and was tiny but tackled all the big lads who came at him (and they had some big units). I think his name is Ben Blakeston, he went to Pontefract College and has been on Hunslet's books and also played for England Colleges. I don't think he was one of the original signings listed in the reserve squad.

Kiedan Hartley played very well, you do have to say though that he's tiny, I hope he does well though as he seems to have a bit of spirit about him as well as ability.

Jorge Richardson seems fairly composed and has probably been more impressive than Morgan Punchard to date of the two reserve half backs. Jimmy Beckett went quite well and stood up well faced with tackling Jamie Fields and the other heavyweight Parkside forwards. Spencer Darley also went ok but he's another who looks undersized (for his position), maybe a season in the reserves and he can progress like Luke Cooper, who also isn't the biggest for a prop.

I'm not sure any of these lads are really going to crack the 1st team any time soon other than as injury cover but we seem to have assembled a better reserve squad than I had imagined.

Yes. An injury update on those names is overdue provided it's not giving too much away.

Hopefully some injured players back. In view of the signings and the trial games how do you see the line up for the bigger games coming along? Would you give the fullback who played in the Hunslet game a run out?

1 hour ago, wasginger said:

Is Conor Carey any relation to Phil Carey, who unfortunately got injured in an A team game and never played for the first team. We signed him from Canberra Raiders.

Phil Carey played quite a few first team games but didn't show his true form. Whether that was due to injuries or not, I don't know.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, jamescolin said:

Hopefully some injured players back. In view of the signings and the trial games how do you see the line up for the bigger games coming along? Would you give the fullback who played in the Hunslet game a run out?

Hartley played on the wing in the second half Colin. After the game Paul March said that his versatility could be utilised, and he could become a useful fringe player if he doesn't become a first team regular.

7 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

I have heard Ase Boas won’t be coming over now as he as contracted TB and is unwell but we are set to sign a replacement we are already in talks with someone.

That’s sad news if true, PNG is in the top 10 countries for TB cases I believe. Any ideas who we could be talking to, another overseas player? Need them in quick. 

1 minute ago, havenhater said:

Any word on how Bailey and tansey are doing? 

Bailey was great for workington last year id have him back if you guys didn't want him but tansey didn't really care which I was greatly saddened by. But would still have him back too 

You can have 'em. They've both left Fev.

Archived