2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

21st Nov this year. He'll be pushing 32 when he can next play and will have been out of the game for almost 5 years.

Surely not five years? ? I'd have him back at Fax on a pay as you play deal without any qualms.

4 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Surely not five years? ? I'd have him back at Fax on a pay as you play deal without any qualms.

His violation occurred in may 2015 and I'm pretty sure he was suspended from then. He will be able to resume his career from Nov 2019 but there'll be no competitive games until Feb 2020, that's nearly 5 years between games.

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

His violation occurred in may 2015 and I'm pretty sure he was suspended from then. He will be able to resume his career from Nov 2019 but there'll be no competitive games until Feb 2020, that's nearly 5 years between games.

Time flies!?

Don’t like the bloke. Still remember him in the final at Blackpool when Fax beat us and he scored and took the p### out of us behind the sticks opening every page of a programme and laughing at us plus the final at Heddingley against Leigh when he was a dirty get towards our players.Hes been an idiot, let him go back to Leigh and mingle in with the rest of em.

On 1/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, Gareth hock said:

I have heard Ase Boas won’t be coming over now as he as contracted TB and is unwell but we are set to sign a replacement we are already in talks with someone.

sad still a killer in png  if it's true surprised watson hasn't flown home to be with his family

22 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

The team is looking pretty strong now, especially if we get decent dual reg from Leeds. Any news on the Two season long loan signings which was mentioned before?.

the coach is a big mate of furner so I think he already knows the names for us mere mortals it's still a guessing game but would think it will be two of leeds players who come over for next match

Interesting piece in the League Express today from Tom Davies on Wigan saying that young lads are leaving the game disillusioned by the absence of reserve teams. I just hope all the work gone getting our reserves up and ready is not going to go sour due to very few reserve teams about.

39 minutes ago, haskey said:

Interesting piece in the League Express today from Tom Davies on Wigan saying that young lads are leaving the game disillusioned by the absence of reserve teams. I just hope all the work gone getting our reserves up and ready is not going to go sour due to very few reserve teams about.

Reserve teams should be compulsory. Back in the day it would have been unthinkable for a club not to have reserves. Fev should go for it and rid theirselves of DR which is an embarrassment to such a famous,  traditional club such as yours.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, Ainley Top said:

Reserve teams should be compulsory. Back in the day it would have been unthinkable for a club not to have reserves. Fev should go for it and rid theirselves of DR which is an embarrassment to such a famous,  traditional club such as yours.

Presumably it's also an embarrassment to 'fax?

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Presumably it's also an embarrassment to 'fax?

Absolutely it is. Fax should have never lowered theirselves to it and will forever be tainted by doing so.

Squad numbers then. 

1. Available 

2. Available 

3. Teteh 

4. Hardcastle 

5. Carey 

6. A Boas

7. W Boas

8. Wheeldon

9. King

10. Bussey

11. Delaney 

12. Day

13. Lockwood

14. Davies

15. Cooper

16. Maskill

17. Harrison 

18. Darley

19. Beckett 

20. Hartley 

21. Punchard 

22. Whylie 

23. Render

24. McDaniel

10 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Squad numbers then. 

1. Available 

2. Available 

3. Teteh 

4. Hardcastle 

5. Carey 

6. A Boas

7. W Boas

8. Wheeldon

9. King

10. Bussey

11. Delaney 

12. Day

13. Lockwood

14. Davies

15. Cooper

16. Maskill

17. Harrison 

18. Darley

19. Beckett 

20. Hartley 

21. Punchard 

22. Whylie 

23. Render

24. McDaniel

Assuming that number 1 and 2 are filled with the rumoured season long loans/new signings then the whole 1 to 17 looks a pretty decent team. However, add in the injuries already to Harrison and Delaney and it looks like some of the young uns from 18 to 24 will be getting a run out, unless of course we use and abuse the DR with Leeds. Personally, as much as I don't like it, I think that for the injuries we have we should use the DR to it's fullest as with the greatest respect to the young players in the squad, certain fixtures will require a bit of biff, size and experience to bring home the points. The young squad members need nurturing and bringing along steadily, not thrown in at the deep end straight away.

Archived