2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

Oxy boy , a ball has not been kicked yet and you are predicting not top 5, and then covering yourself with "if no injuries you never know" as usual your posts are a laugh a minute. Stick to predicting where Fax might finish.,..

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After missing out on the top four and the £500 000 we have done well to get a competitive looking side like this and if we do better than mid table it will be a bonus. Fax after getting the money should be strong this season fielding a better squad than us if not then they must be in debt . Let’s keep it going successfully on the pitch as we have been promised big money from the lease of the land then we can assemble a class side and go for it in a couple of years.

It does look like Golding and Briscoe are being earmarked to play regularly when not required by Leeds and assuming that's the case it probably wouldn't make much sense to give starters' jerseys to, say, Hartley and McDaniel if they are seen as back-ups at the moment.

I'd still be surprised if Leeds were willing to release Briscoe & Golding on season-long loans (acknowledging these season-long loans usually have recall options anyway after the first month) given they are next in line at Leeds if there are injuries to Walker & Handley/Tom Briscoe. I would have thought the likes of Walters & Ormondroyd were more likely candidates for long-term loans, as they have loads of guys who are probably ahead of them in the pecking order. But who knows.

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Oxy boy , a ball has not been kicked yet and you are predicting not top 5, and then covering yourself with "if no injuries you never know" as usual your posts are a laugh a minute. Stick to predicting where Fax might finish.,..

Its off season, how else would we keep ourselves entertained with very little rugby to talk about. Im going to predict 2nd for us, will give you something to laugh about when Im wrong. :)

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its off season, how else would we keep ourselves entertained with very little rugby to talk about. Im going to predict 2nd for us, will give you something to laugh about when Im wrong. :)

For me the main aim is to finish in the top 5, league placings are not that important for me. I know it has a bearing on the play off games but the priority must be to get to the play offs. For what it is worth I expect Fev and Fax to be in the 5, in what order I care not one jot!

2 hours ago, haskey said:

He/she didn't say that though, did he/her?

League position predictions are hard to call normally, I don't think anybody can call where Featherstone will come this season.

We have our last friendly this weekend, and we still haven't got a full strength team. 

I'd expect top 7 (I think that is a given) and I reckon we'll surprise a number of teams, especially at the beginning. Cold, wet, rainy matches are normally close fixtures.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

League position predictions are hard to call normally, I don't think anybody can call where Featherstone will come this season.

We have our last friendly this weekend, and we still haven't got a full strength team. 

I'd expect top 7 (I think that is a given) and I reckon we'll surprise a number of teams, especially at the beginning. Cold, wet, rainy matches are normally close fixtures.

Going to be a tough ask to finish above the best part time team in the land though hey Chris? ?

36 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

We have apparently signed a winger from Hemel Stags. A 23 year old who was joint top try scorer at Hemel last year and is expected to play against Leeds on Sunday. His name is Darren Forde.

We have gone from having hardly any wings to having lots. Even with Whylie a long-term injury, we have McDaniel, Forde and Taylor who now have 1st team contracts together with Carey and Hartley who can both play wing as well as other positions.

2 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

We have apparently signed a winger from Hemel Stags. A 23 year old who was joint top try scorer at Hemel last year and is expected to play against Leeds on Sunday. His name is Darren Forde.

hope he has better luck than last hemel lad we signed thornton  who got injured in training never played and looks like he's  on the road to nowhere 

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We have gone from having hardly any wings to having lots. Even with Whylie a long-term injury, we have McDaniel, Forde and Taylor who now have 1st team contracts together with Carey and Hartley who can both play wing as well as other positions.

And jack Render I think he’s going to be quite a good find .

What has happened to the RL Express. The list of players shows Hardman at No 1 and Robinson at number 2 along with Uligia at 3. Then the new signings are shown. Robinson is the shown on the next page as number 2 for Halifax. A big cock up don't you think? Or have we had some new developments? Doubt It  !!!

I have spotted the same mistake myself. Is this a mistake by the LE or have the club sent wrong information. A correction in next weeks publication should be a  MUST.

Shall I sent Martin Sadler an email.?

1 hour ago, haskey said:

I have spotted the same mistake myself. Is this a mistake by the LE or have the club sent wrong information. A correction in next weeks publication should be a  MUST.

Shall I sent Martin Sadler an email.?

Yes. Send it from both of us. Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Daniel Smith on a months loan then? 

Mitch Clarke equivalent for this year? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Smith's a decent signing, might be a further indicator that Brett Delaney's eye injury is going to keep him out for a while. Smith was on a podcast with his agent Craig Harrison the other day & Craig was saying he wasn't happy with how he has been used at Huddersfield, he's a ball-handling prop/loose forward who he feels hasn't been allowed to use those ball-handling skills in the role asked of him.

Archived