2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Smith's a decent signing, might be a further indicator that Brett Delaney's eye injury is going to keep him out for a while. Smith was on a podcast with his agent Craig Harrison the other day & Craig was saying he wasn't happy with how he has been used at Huddersfield, he's a ball-handling prop/loose forward who he feels hasn't been allowed to use those ball-handling skills in the role asked of him.

From what I can make out he is a 6ft 4inches prop. His contract with Huddersfield finishes in July'19. Could be a permanent player for us do you think?

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

gonna be Golding surely?

Was talking to YEP's Peter Smith and other Leeds journos on Sunday and they tell me Golding is injured, so it looks like Turner will step right in, unless it's Hartley for Sunday? Only other option would be Briscoe.

6 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Was talking to YEP's Peter Smith and other Leeds journos on Sunday and they tell me Golding is injured, so it looks like Turner will step right in, unless it's Hartley for Sunday? Only other option would be Briscoe.

Wasn't he due to turn out for Leeds on Sunday before pulling out injured? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, Steve Slater said:

Good point, had forgotten about his injury. I think the likes of Hartley, Beckett and Darley may have to bide their time in the reserves now and wait for their chance in the 1895 Cup & Challenge Cup. From what we saw in the Cas pre-season game in December, you'd have to think Turner would be ahead of Hartley.

POST FOR JAMESCOLIN

|I emailed League Express earlier this week concerning the glaring errors in our squad, adding your name to my correspondence, and I have received a reply , accepting that a huge mistake had been made and that a corrected squad would be in Mondays LE>

1 hour ago, haskey said:

POST FOR JAMESCOLIN

|I emailed League Express earlier this week concerning the glaring errors in our squad, adding your name to my correspondence, and I have received a reply , accepting that a huge mistake had been made and that a corrected squad would be in Mondays LE>

Cheers Haskey. Any other support and I am here. 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:00 PM, distantdog said:

Sorry to intrude o. Wholly Fev matters but l notice that in team selections. Harrison is often included instead of Day. After watching them for a few seasons, l believe that Harrison is nowhere near the quality of player that Day is at the moment. You really will be surprised at how good he is. Of all of the players who left us at the end of last season, Day would be one of only two who l think we will miss next season. 

I must say the comments about Brad Day here have already been proved very true, albeit in pre-season. Day has been really impressive for me, he seems to win every collision and has been running some good lines, he already seems to have a very good link-up with Watson Boas.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

Slotting the maximum 4 DR players into the current line-up gives it a very different look though. Could be something like:
Golding
Briscoe/Handley
Teteh
Newman
Whylie
A Boas
W Boas
Wheeldon
Maskill
Delaney
Hardcastle
Davies
Lockwood

subs
Corey Johnson
3 of Cooper/Bussey/Day/Harrison/Bailey

My early-December prediction for the starting line-up went awry because of the injuries to Golding, Whylie, Delaney and Harrison but what it does suggest is that the club probably always did have a plan involving some selective signings and some judicious use of DR.

We'll certainly be dependent on not getting too many injuries in the wrong positions, but at least we start the season with a competitive-looking starting 17.

13 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Beckett and Darley have both been loaned to Keighley, I'm led to believe. 

Not seen much of Darley, but Beckett has the ability to play sl, maybe a year too soon for regular 1s team with the back row we have at the minute. So good move for him to get some regular 1st team minutes under his belt. Sure will take the opportunity and come back to us stronger.

18 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Beckett and Darley have both been loaned to Keighley, I'm led to believe. 

Confirmed and story on the website now.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/young-forwards-join-cougars-on-loan-kETW1

I'd say that suggests either that we are pretty confident that Leeds have other forwards they are preapred to send on DR if Walters/Ormondroyd got injured (or maybe we have other irons in the fire), as Darley and Beckett were probably next men up from outside our current pack given the loss of Delaney, the injury to Harrison and Bussey's suspension.

13 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Big fan of Carr - and Australians in general - calling the sport 'footy'.

Archived