2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

We might get Zak Hardaker back.Been caught drink driving in Ponty Tuesday night with no M.O.T and Insurance. It’s possible Wigan may part Company with him as they are preaching being a clean Club.He was on £5000 a week at Cas so possibly the same at Wigan if not more so why does he find himself in this position again and again.What an idiot.If he’d have rang me I would have picked him up .

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at our recruitment so far, it looks like the club concluded that we could afford to keep only a certain number of our established/higher earning players, and decided to build the team round that core and fill in with promising youngsters, whilst deciding that some of the other established players didn't offer value at or close to their previous contract levels. Think it's hard for us to say whether it's the right decision to let some of these guys go without knowing exactly what they were on.

Think part of the problem for us as fans is that a lot of this season's squad, including plenty that are leaving were quite popular players...Carlile, Robinson, Wildie (if he goes) and Knowles were all well liked by the supporters, and Hardman and Misi both split opinions but had some vociferous supporters, but I suppose at the end of the day they were part of the team that underperformed in a few big games (Halifax twice, Toulouse and London away, Leigh at home all come to mind) so it's not surprising that the squad is being shaken up a bit given we are down on funding.

Players confirmed & pending for 2019

Martyn Ridyard

Luke Cooper

John Davies

Jason Walton

Scott Wheeldon

James Lockwood

Josh Hardcastle

James Harrison from Batley

Watson Boas from PNG

Ase Boas from PNG

Dakota Whylie

Morgan Puncheon

Kieden Hartley from Leeds

James Beckett from Castleford

Spencer Darley from Leeds

Anthony Thackeray??

Connor Farrell??

Sam Brooks??

Danny Maskill??

James Thornton??

Brad Day from Batley??

Players leaving

Brad Knowles To Sheffield??

Shaun Robinson To Halifax

Luke Briscoe - Leeds

Ian Hardman - Retiring?

Misi Taulapapa - ?

Richard Moore - To Hunslet

Gareth Hock - ?

Tom Holmes - Huddersfield

Chris Ulugia - Injured

Frankie Mariano - Doncaster

Keal Carlile - Newcastle

Matty Wildie - Bradford??

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

My main hope is that Thacks stays out of the possible leavers.He is class and I hope he stays on a reduced contract.

He said he didn't know what he was doing when asked at the players awards night. 

8 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

He said he didn't know what he was doing when asked at the players awards night. 

It's gonna be hard to keep Thacks you'd think, we've got Ridyard already and we won't be flying the Boas brothers in with a view to being back-ups. Add that to the Punchard signing and I can't imagine we will have offered Thacks much of a deal to stay given money is tight.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Has QLT found a club yet?. I’d have him at fullback on a one year contract. Might be a bit pricey for us though.

I've heard Sharp is coming back from Fax from someone who is usually in the know, we, ll have to wait and see. 

50 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I've heard Sharp is coming back from Fax from someone who is usually in the know, we, ll have to wait and see. 

Think he has a contract for next year at Fax, QLT has been offered a contract by a championship teams but reckons he has a SL offer as well. Is Ridyard definatley tied down for you guys next season?

52 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Think he has a contract for next year at Fax, QLT has been offered a contract by a championship teams but reckons he has a SL offer as well. Is Ridyard definatley tied down for you guys next season?

If you don't know the actual answer to that question I doubt any on here will..............

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

My memory is getting poor in old age but I thought I saw an announcement by Fev over him.

Only announced at the Fans' Forum AFAIK, and mentioned here https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers/featherstone-rovers-set-to-sign-two-world-cup-players-as-part-of-squad-overhaul-1-9325028

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Supposedly have another backer.....

A Sheffield supporter denies this on our forum....but they also don't know where their money comes from…..and the new ground wont generate any income till 2020......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

There has been no news about any new backer at Sheffield. Some players are leaving but I’m not sure whether they are big earners of not but. Fozzy was full time ish in that he worked for the club and as yet Menzie hasn’t been offered a new contract, the talk is reduced pay for him.

Us fans don’t think we have any extra money but we have been told sponsorship is up following the move back

All Mark Aston has said is that some faces could be returning and people have put 2  and 2 together and are assuming the likes of Misi and QLT. Then what you guys have put on your forums.

Like most genuine fans of any club, I and some friends hope we aren’t spending beyond our means.

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Thacks has confirmed on his FB page that he won't be with the club next season.

That's sad news imo.  I don't think all fans would see it that way (but it seems to be a Fev thing that our half backs are never good enough).  Two full seasons at half back and 2 top 4 finishes speaks for itself doesn't it ?  (Although he might have returned to the side for the second half of this season I think his form was as good as ever)

The way things are looking we're pinning a lot of hopes of these PNG lads.  Whether they are any good remains to be seen, but lets just hope they both stay for a while (I imagine they will both arrive and leave as a pair) or we're really b*ggered.   

Archived