2019 Squad

marklaspalmas

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, POR said:

a quote on the  Batley forum from our favourite FAX  stalker B O 

Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 

Not the first time you have quoted me out of context. Im sure a lot of Fev fans would agree if you posted the rest of the quote......

The reserves have to be good enough though to justify playing them. Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 so their options are either chuck in some players they know aren't good enough and likely finish anywhere from 7th downwards, or bring in a load of loan/Dr's who are bordering on SL standard. Although most of their fans may not agree with DR and the diluting the value of the Fev club, its pretty easy to see which route most of them would choose to go down.

Happy now BO

23 minutes ago, POR said:

The reserves have to be good enough though to justify playing them. Realistically Fev are 6 or 7 players short of having a team capable of finishing in the top 5 so their options are either chuck in some players they know aren't good enough and likely finish anywhere from 7th downwards, or bring in a load of loan/Dr's who are bordering on SL standard. Although most of their fans may not agree with DR and the diluting the value of the Fev club, its pretty easy to see which route most of them would choose to go down.

Happy now BO

Not sure why you're jumping down his throat on this comment when it's entirely true. Take away DR and we're 6 or 7 short in terms of our squad, not out of 17, as he says.

16 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Not sure why you're jumping down his throat on this comment when it's entirely true. Take away DR and we're 6 or 7 short in terms of our squad, not out of 17, as he says.

but we only had 3 DR yesterday  and would imagine l Luke's   going to be here most of the season with  bussy harrison and wheeldon missing  how is that six or seven  short and BO mentioned team not squad team means the seventeen on matchday

\

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You've lost me now. DR or loan makes little difference, they're not our players and it's quite possible the loanees will be gone in 2 weeks time.

They could stay quite a while if their clubs don't need them ? Hopefully Bussey will be available and Ashton Golding fit by then, or a new full-back signed?

2 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

They could stay quite a while if their clubs don't need them ? Hopefully Bussey will be available and Ashton Golding fit by then, or a new full-back signed?

They could but at the same time they might not. History, both at Fev and elsewhere, suggests the latter is pretty common. Relying on loanees (and DRs) is a recipe for let down. Whilst I reluctantly understand why we use DR I really can't fathom why our supporters get excited about who Leeds leave out of their 19.

18 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Bussey said he'll be back for the Halifax game.

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They could but at the same time they might not. History, both at Fev and elsewhere, suggests the latter is pretty common. Relying on loanees (and DRs) is a recipe for let down. Whilst I reluctantly understand why we use DR I really can't fathom why our supporters get excited about who Leeds leave out of their 19.

Singleton was 18th man last Friday, and played for Fev on Sunday, but it won't happen next week because Leeds play Salford on Sunday. If they keep same 19 it means Newman won't be available either. While D/R players might help to make the Top 5 it's no guarantee they will be available for the play-offs.

3 hours ago, POR said:

but we only had 3 DR yesterday  and would imagine l Luke's   going to be here most of the season with  bussy harrison and wheeldon missing  how is that six or seven  short and BO mentioned team not squad team means the seventeen on matchday

\

Don't forget Hardcastle missing yesterday as well.  Some quality to come back there.

9 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Bussey said he'll be back for the Halifax game.

Great stuff. Big strong lad. Our Team seems to get better every week. One good thing nobody’s touched on. No injuries from Sunday. Long may it continue as for me we will need as many bodies as possible to get through this hard challenging season.

19 hours ago, POR said:

Happy now BO

Yeah amazing how a bit of context changes that quote isn't it?

17 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Whilst I reluctantly understand why we use DR I really can't fathom why our supporters get excited about who Leeds leave out of their 19.

I don't know about "excited" but this board has had a bit of a resurgence in the last year or two and games/squads tend to get analysed in more detail on here than a lot of the other Championship teams' boards, especially on the match threads (200 posts on the Bradford one and about 150 so far on the Batley one). It's hard to do that and ignore the fact that there are going to be at least a couple of DR players in our squad each week, trying to predict the squad is part of the fun and yes clues from the Leeds squad announcment is part of that equation.

Archived