Derek Beaumont

graham fisher

Bring back the bonus point too

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Bring back the bonus point too

It was fun but hardly made any difference in league positions for the majority of clubs.

Anyway, not to worry, there is a whole new future being announced in two week's time so we hear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, Blind side johnny said:

These are full-time players though.

I guess that you would also say that the employees of BHS/Comet/Poundland are to blame for their own woes too? Just naive to expect their employment to be honoured?

I'm not sure if they are part time or full time makes a difference they are still paid and need the money.

I never suggested they were to blame  ,they are your words but unfortunately nothing is guaranteed no matter how much agents and club owners say otherwise.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

1 hour ago, Ramite said:

I'm not sure if they are part time or full time makes a difference they are still paid and need the money.

I never suggested they were to blame  ,they are your words but unfortunately nothing is guaranteed no matter how much agents and club owners say otherwise.

These companies had years of successful trading behind them. It is hardly comparable. Anyone signing for Leigh must have known they were taking a chance beyond this season.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, MADREDNIGE said:

1400 more then Batley lol ? 

800 more than you lol ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

These companies had years of successful trading behind them. It is hardly comparable. Anyone signing for Leigh must have known they were taking a chance beyond this season.

Even though they were being offered three year contracts with the guarantor for those contracts sitting across the table from them?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

... Anyone signing for Leigh must have known they were taking a chance beyond this season.

Why would signing for Leigh, be any riskier than signing for any of the SL clubs outside of the top 3 or 4? 

On the face of it, Leigh were as well funded as the majority of the bottom half of SL, if not better than some.

They were one of the two sides, most people would have pretty much guaranteed to be in the top 4 at the split.

They also had the benefit of the parachute payment as well as central funding and a guy who had pumped huge sums of money in, even before they got in to SL. 

Why do you think he was more likely to pull the plug before the Salford, HKR or Widnes' financier's, at the end of the season?

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Why would signing for Leigh, be any riskier than signing for any of the SL clubs outside of the top 3 or 4? 

On the face of it, Leigh were as well funded as the majority of the bottom half of SL, if not better than some.

They were one of the two sides, most people would have pretty much guaranteed to be in the top 4 at the split.

They also had the benefit of the parachute payment as well as central funding and a guy who had pumped huge sums of money in, even before they got in to SL. 

Why do you think he more likely to pull the plug before the Salford, HKR or Widnes' financier's, at the end of the season?

FYI, the Salford and Widnes financiers pulled the plug on any additional finance at the end of last season, hence their own particular difficulties not (yet) dealt with in the same dramatic fashion as Leigh.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

FYI, the Salford and Widnes financiers pulled the plug on any additional finance at the end of last season, hence their own particular difficulties not (yet) dealt with in the same dramatic fashion as Leigh.

I was aware of Koukash at Salford and the reported £6M debts, but not about Widnes.

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Why do you think he was more likely to pull the plug before the Salford, HKR or Widnes' financier's, at the end of the season?

If they didn't get promoted, which was a strong possibility then Beaumont would have had to pick up all the funding shortfall as the parachute payment would have gone.  As history had proved time and time again most sugar daddies have finite money and patience. And it isn't like Beaumont is worth tens of millions and he is volatile character.

I am not blaming the players but nothing is guaranteed in sport and certainly not promotion to SL or sugar daddies continuing to pump money in.

SL clubs all get their £1.8m Sky money, unless they got promoted Leigh would get a fraction of this.

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I was aware of Koukash at Salford and the reported £6M debts, but not about Widnes.

Their big backer emigrated to Australia in 2017. He had stabilised the club but wasn't putting any more funding in so they have been working with a low SC than most in SL this year.

His shares are for sale to anyone who wants to support the club financially. Nobody seems to have rushed forward so far.

Archived