Doncaster Away

Dave Naylor

So, it's all fun at the moment.  We have Bridgxit, Leigh Centurions imploding and a blood moon on Friday.  It's hard to remember that we have a mega-important game away at Donny on Sunday.

'Langers' hopes to boost Roughyeds

SCOTT Naylor reported after last night’s training session that Oldham came relatively unscathed through Sunday’s 50-6 win against North Wales Crusaders.

Read full article

Yeah back to Rugby thank goodness after some of the mass hysteria by some about Bridgey and snide pops again at the supporters and club by the usuals across social media.

Be another hard game, every game is a cup final from here on in. Keep the discipline and continue playing in the same vein as the NW game and we will do just fine. Keep the completion rate high and make sure the kicking game is good and we can win at a tough place.

Donny seem to have tailed off a bit recently but then again our form until last week has been poor. 

Should be a good match. Looking forward to it. See the travellers over at the Keepmoat.

Up the Yeds!

8 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Yeah back to Rugby thank goodness after some of the mass hysteria by some about Bridgey and snide pops again at the supporters and club by the usuals across social media.

Be another hard game, every game is a cup final from here on in. Keep the discipline and continue playing in the same vein as the NW game and we will do just fine. Keep the completion rate high and make sure the kicking game is good and we can win at a tough place.

Donny seem to have tailed off a bit recently but then again our form until last week has been poor. 

Should be a good match. Looking forward to it. See the travellers over at the Keepmoat.

Up the Yeds!

Found some of the snide pops quite humourous. Especially Roughyedz iffy spelling.

9 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Think it just got worse folks, just seen the ref for this week..... the one and only Mr A Sweet :(

Have to be squeaky clean and disciplined, he historically gives us absolutely nothing.

Another joke of a ref who clearly gives us nothing .. there was one from the 80s i cant recall his name tho.. but he always gave us sweet FA.

Hopefully we can scrape a win on Sunday. if we manage it will give us a massive confidence boost because what’s gone on in the past couple of weeks. One thing what’s annoying me recently is Bradford how are they managing to get all these players for example tuyo and Hitchcox today. If we do make the play offs I hope it’s york we face. 

31 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Judging by the score it sounded like a good game. Unfortunately we ended up on the wrong side of things. Promotion must be a bridge too far now. I hope I'm wrong. Safe journey home for our fan's.

Think it 26-12 into the last 5 mins.

Either they took their foot off the gas or yeds turned it on last 5, but if its the latter then questions have to be asked of the team, and or naylor as to why they didnt play the first 75mins like that.

Today was a huge game

On my way back from Doncaster and what a load of rubbish again. The same players again don’t show up week after week I always say let’s change the team but Naylor doesn’t and this is why we always come up short in the bigger games. It’s okay beating crusaders and west wales but fans need to realise we are not good enough the only player who is good enough is Langtree. I’m not going to go on about crook and Hewitt because they’re ###### but Hemel next week don’t worry lads everyone will be happy again when we put 50+ past them. Also we are not going to get anywhere with a coach who is arrogant and has no leadership skills.

Just now, YoungYed said:

On my way back from Doncaster and what a load of rubbish again. The same players again don’t show up week after week I always say let’s change the team but Naylor doesn’t and this is why we always come up short in the bigger games. It’s okay beating crusaders and west wales but fans need to realise we are not good enough the only player who is good enough is Langtree. I’m not going to go on about crook and Hewitt because they’re ###### but Hemel next week don’t worry lads everyone will be happy again when we put 50+ past them. Also we are not going to get anywhere with a coach who is arrogant and has no leadership skills.

Yes i agree with a lot of that.

Langers is the best in the team.

And i beginning to feel the same about naylor, although he is restricted with some poor players his arrogance is becoming a bit annoying, he doesnt seem to know anything other than plan A.

As you say its all well and good putting 100 points past pub teams but when the team comes up against anyone in the top 6 its a struggle.

fair play for going when 99% of us have pretty much given up hope.

Another painful experience watching us labour yet again against play-off rivals. For 75 turgid minutes we relied on one-man drives and a kick on the last tackle,and all we had to show was 3 Crook penalties. Midway through the first half, we should have scored in the corner,but somehow we contrived to bomb a clear overlap as Eccleston juggled with a poor pass and then failed to ground the ball properly. That would have put us 8-0 up with the conversion to come.In their next set, Doncaster scored and we found ourselves 6-4 behind.

Then, early in the second half,we force an error in their half and should have been looking to take advantage from the scrum. Instead,Langers gets involved in some argy-bargy and concedes a penalty from which they score their 2nd try. The 3rd try was also easily-avoidable,when Hooley tried to shepherd a kick dead,and allowed their winger to pounce.The 4th try was a 80 yard breakaway,after a poor Crook kick went straight to hand.

After Langers scored one of his trademark tries,we started throwing the ball about with Owen having replace Crook,who had been subbed - far too late in my opinion.Reid and Eccleston tries followed in quick succession,but it was too little too late.

We can't seem to handle pressure situations,especially when things start going against us. I'm sure they get frustrated when they can't turn good field position into points. The lack of creativity in the halves is there for all to see,with a kick often being the best option of scoring. His goal kicking apart,Crook is no better than Leatherbarrow, and Hewitt blows hot and cold.

Thank God for our forwards who have rarely took a backward step all season. If we are to have any chance in the play-offs - and it must be touch and go making the top 5 - the problem in the halves needs to be addressed immediately.

26 minutes ago, Half man half grapefruit said:

Another painful experience watching us labour yet again against play-off rivals. For 75 turgid minutes we relied on one-man drives and a kick on the last tackle,and all we had to show was 3 Crook penalties. Midway through the first half, we should have scored in the corner,but somehow we contrived to bomb a clear overlap as Eccleston juggled with a poor pass and then failed to ground the ball properly. That would have put us 8-0 up with the conversion to come.In their next set, Doncaster scored and we found ourselves 6-4 behind.

Then, early in the second half,we force an error in their half and should have been looking to take advantage from the scrum. Instead,Langers gets involved in some argy-bargy and concedes a penalty from which they score their 2nd try. The 3rd try was also easily-avoidable,when Hooley tried to shepherd a kick dead,and allowed their winger to pounce.The 4th try was a 80 yard breakaway,after a poor Crook kick went straight to hand.

After Langers scored one of his trademark tries,we started throwing the ball about with Owen having replace Crook,who had been subbed - far too late in my opinion.Reid and Eccleston tries followed in quick succession,but it was too little too late.

We can't seem to handle pressure situations,especially when things start going against us. I'm sure they get frustrated when they can't turn good field position into points. The lack of creativity in the halves is there for all to see,with a kick often being the best option of scoring. His goal kicking apart,Crook is no better than Leatherbarrow, and Hewitt blows hot and cold.

Thank God for our forwards who have rarely took a backward step all season. If we are to have any chance in the play-offs - and it must be touch and go making the top 5 - the problem in the halves needs to be addressed immediately.

Totally agree with this the eccleston chance was a mixture of a poor pass and poor catch. I’ve said it every week that a change in halfbacks is needed but people laughed at me and people don’t like it but enough is enough Hewitt and crook need to be dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!i honestly can’t remeber when we had a decent half back the only one I can remember is James coyle

I think we got crook a year too late and Hewitt shouldn't have been resigned (Not good enough). Fact of the matter though is they are the only out and out half backs on the books. Probably nobody available and too late to get someone in. We're stuck until season end 

We were poor again today and really can't understand taking the kick at goal at 8-4 down baffled me that. I'm going to stick my neck out here n say we won't make the top 5 now due to playing York and Bradford back to back in September and we will lose both on recent evidence, plus we play London away last on a Saturday so we won't know till day after if season is over or not. So be it if we don't make the playoffs it's our own fault and attacking deficiencies 

youngyed I find it strange that you have suddenly realised that Hewitt is completely useless. I will say it again after the 4th match of last season I stated on this forum that if we did not get rid of him we would be relegated, but low and behold he is still here and disaster now awaits, never been dropped once and I don't think he as been injured once ,we have only got one scrum half on the books bl-- -dy crazy this club and i say this club loosely it is not a club it is a business with one director which is going down the pan rapido.we have played teams at our so called level eleven times won 4 lost 7 end of.

1 hour ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

We were poor again today and really can't understand taking the kick at goal at 8-4 down baffled me that. I'm going to stick my neck out here n say we won't make the top 5 now due to playing York and Bradford back to back in September and we will lose both on recent evidence, plus we play London away last on a Saturday so we won't know till day after if season is over or not. So be it if we don't make the playoffs it's our own fault and attacking deficiencies 

Regrettably I'm inclined to agree, not looking good. Just haven't turned up when we needed to. Same as last season with a lack of creativity. Although Nelmes has been a real find as has Mccomb. 

Archived