Match Thread - Toronto Wolfpack v Featherstone Rovers 28th July 2018

52 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If you didn't see the game, the amount of sets we absorbed in our 20 was astonishing and they hardly ever looked like scoring.

Yeah because they rested loads and weren't interested, simple really lol ? 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic win, against the odds. You still need a miracle I suppose, but strange things happen in RL. Keeping my fingers crossed for you (You deserve it after the season you have had, and the injuries you have had to contend with) and for Fax too. (I'm not expecting you to agree with that one!)

Congrats Rovers, you never fail to surprise, didn't think we had a cat in hells chance.

Enjoy the moment lads  you deserve it 

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

Congrats Rovers, you never fail to surprise, didn't think we had a cat in hells chance.

Enjoy the moment lads  you deserve it 

Memories of 83 ? 

18 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Unfortunately I think you’ll be correct with your predictions tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Unfortunately I think you’ll be correct with your predictions tomorrow.

I know Graham. You do know its Dewsbury who are to blame for this predicament for allowing Fax to get a point from you????

47 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Id go so far to say you made Toronto look average at best. 

I'd say that this must give those who believe that Toronto will get promoted food for thought. Stand up to their bullying and play simply speedy RL and they will fold. They have been in a comfort zone for too long.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sadly, for Fev, this result should only give Halifax and London extra motivation. Because of the timing of these fixtures they know exactly what they need to do to make the top four and I expect them to go about their business clinically and effectively. I have never been known to be wrong......oh, just a minute!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Congrats on the win! Your boys deserved it. They showed up to prove they deserve a top 4 spot and it showed. Thanks for giving us a frustrating game, sincerely. I think some of our fans needed a loss to get their heads straightened out. 

Brilliant Rovers best defence I have seen for years Toronto only scored with a little help from the ref penalty wise but that does not matter now.

If only we could have put the same effort against fax but credit to the lads they deserve a bonus for that performance tonight.

8 minutes ago, The Canuck said:

Congrats on the win! Your boys deserved it. They showed up to prove they deserve a top 4 spot and it showed. Thanks for giving us a frustrating game, sincerely. I think some of our fans needed a loss to get their heads straightened out. 

Let's hope that they can cope with a few more.

7 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Let's hope that they can cope with a few more.

We can. We're a city of "almost" with sports. Our hockey team hasn't even gone the the conference finals since they last won the Cup...in 1967...when there were 6 teams in the league. Our baseball team hasn't won before or after their back-to-back World Series wins in 92 and 93. Our NBA team has never made it past the Eastern Conference finals. Our CFL team won last year but it's done nothing to ignite interest. In short, we're very familiar with losing. The Wolfpack have been a nice bit of fresh air but I knew it wouldn't last much longer. 

Great performance but can't help thinking too little too late. Few player putting themselves in the shop window knowing their contracts won't be as fat next season?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 minutes ago, eltel said:

If only we could have put the same effort against fax but credit to the lads they deserve a bonus for that performance tonight.

Spot on. That was a really tremendous performance, particularly in defence, and hopefully the lads and all who made it over there in support will have a good night tonight. Where oh where was that same intensity/control in those two recent games vs Fax though, or the same killer instinct last week vs London? 

Sadly I fear it's too little too late, barring the unlikeliest of results tomorrow. Hopefully the players (and Duffy) are currently reflecting on what might (indeed should) have been this year, and resolving to put things right in a big way next season.

We should of course factor in that Toronto's intensity may have been down by a notch or two, given they now have one eye on the 8s, in the same way ours and Hull KRs was down last season (not to mention the players' adverse reaction to Sharpy's dismissal), which conspired to gift Halifax a place in the top four.

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

That is an awesome win for your team and club. After going out there to watch Batley, I was convinced that no one would beat Toronto over there, not because they are unbeatable, but because the conditions were completely in their favour (travel, jet lag etc.) Regardless of where you finish up this season, you should be incredibly proud of this result. Well done!

Well said my friend.

Archived