Toulouse

Blind side johnny

If I'm not mistaken we have a match at Toulouse on Saturday yet it appears to have escaped attention on this forum so far; maybe the euphoria of an overwhelming defeat of our nearest and dearest still hasn't worn off.

Ned made some oblique reference to seeing who is fit/wants to go that I interpreted as saying we will turn up and play for 80 minutes with very little expectation of anything from the game. assuming that is correct I will go:

Olympique 58 - 16 Rams

Att: 1650

FTS: Dicky Doel

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If I'm not mistaken we have a match at Toulouse on Saturday yet it appears to have escaped atention on this forum so far; maybe the euphoria of an overwhelming defeat of our nearest and dearest still hasn't worn off.

Ned made some oblique reference to seeing who is fit/wants to go that I interpreted as saying we will turn up and play for 80 minutes with very little expectation of anything from the game. assuming that is correct I will go:

Olympique 58 - 16 Rams

Aye Bsj. If Dewsbury beat Toulouse and Fev beat Toronto......wow...what a dream I've just woke up??????

We’re not going to get anything out of this game even if we had our strongest possible team out there. I’ve heard we’ve just about managed to scrape 17 fit players together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Toulouse 58 Rams 14. Fts Potts Mom Sykes.                                                                                                                                Att 2345.                                                                                                                                 Let’s just get this game out of the way and hopefully don’t pick anymore injuries up going into the final crucial 7 games.

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

We’re not going to get anything out of this game even if we had our strongest possible team out there. I’ve heard we’ve just about managed to scrape 17 fit players together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Toulouse 58 Rams 14. Fts Potts Mom Sykes.                                                                                                                                Att 2345.                                                                                                                                 Let’s just get this game out of the way and hopefully don’t pick anymore injuries up going into the final crucial 7 games.

I hear that Potts hasn't travelled with the squad along with another two or three regulars.

I just hope that those fans who have travelled aren't too disappointeed and manage to have a good time no matter what happens on the pitch.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Toulouse will be going all out for the win as they need to rack up some points to remain in second place  (currently 18 ahead of Lindon Broncos) and as we are likely to have out a weak side, I reckon Toulouse will walk all over us.

Toulouse 54-10 Dewsbury 

FTS: Morton.

MoM: Brown (assuming those players are in the team).

Att: 2244

Do we have a deadline headline player to take to the south of France?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Toulouse will be going all out for the win as they need to rack up some points to remain in second place  (currently 18 ahead of Lindon Broncos) and as we are likely to have out a weak side, I reckon Toulouse will walk all over us.

Toulouse 54-10 Dewsbury 

FTS: Morton.

MoM: Brown (assuming those players are in the team).

Att: 2244

Do we have a deadline headline player to take to the south of France?

No Morton because he’s injured along with Sheriffe.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:48 PM, Blind side johnny said:

If I'm not mistaken we have a match at Toulouse on Saturday yet it appears to have escaped attention on this forum so far; maybe the euphoria of an overwhelming defeat of our nearest and dearest still hasn't worn off.

Olympique 58 - 16 Rams

I wish Ned could share his obligue references and injury news at the start of the season when I'm about to press the button on flight and hotel purchases.

Dissapointing that Morton will be missing as he has stood out in recent games.

At least the conditions will be a bit more helpful today - yesterday was sunny, hot (in the 30's) and humid. Game day has started cooler and KO time is expecting heavy cloud with a breeze and temps around 25.

I hope Rams are competitive - but am expecting a defeat - which could blow out to a 30 or 40 point gap. I'm also expecting a nice lunch and bottle of red...

11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I see we’ve re-signed Brad Delaney on a short term deal,also Tobias Richardson from Dewsbury Moor.

I was impressed with Brad ,when he was in the reserve side.

I'd hoped he'd keep improving and eventually be in the first team. 

An interesting 17 that has just been announced. Along with a number of other people it look like I was wrong with my FTS prediction. ? 

FT 44-18.

No disgrace with a stretched squad.

Good to know BSJ that an interesting 17 were announced to play in Tolouse, but as I am not facecrap or twiddled literate, I did not know what it was. Please do share your knowledge..

Also, how the  ::elf do I insert your above post about this subject in this post. It's so blasted frustrating with no school regect to show me. and it's now 00:49 and the twitterers are all asleep on their branches. Must have been on with this post for hours. YAWN YAWN  and so to bed at 00:56.

9 hours ago, myview said:

Good to know BSJ that an interesting 17 were announced to play in Tolouse, but as I am not facecrap or twiddled literate, I did not know what it was. Please do share your knowledge..

Also, how the  ::elf do I insert your above post about this subject in this post. It's so blasted frustrating with no school regect to show me. and it's now 00:49 and the twitterers are all asleep on their branches. Must have been on with this post for hours. YAWN YAWN  and so to bed at 00:56.

Today's team to vs @TOXIII is.

Guzdek 
Day
Glover 
Ryder
Delaney 
Sykes 
Heckford 
Everett 
Ward
Teanby 
Walshaw 
Igbinedion 
Brown

Interchanges

Speakman
Richardson
Trout
Knowles

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Today's team to vs @TOXIII is.

Guzdek 
Day
Glover 
Ryder
Delaney 
Sykes 
Heckford 
Everett 
Ward
Teanby 
Walshaw 
Igbinedion 
Brown

Interchanges

Speakman
Richardson
Trout
Knowles

I was quite pleased seeing the final score, having done better than my forecast, but with that makeshift team, I am more so. Sam Day on the wing, whatever next?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I'd like to see Sam day get more game time.. He's full of enthusiasm where ever he plays.. We've got some great players for the future speakman, day, guzdek, Glover, teanby. 

For me these would be the first to be given new contracts.. Youth is the future. 

41 minutes ago, coolie said:

I'd like to see Sam day get more game time.. He's full of enthusiasm where ever he plays.. We've got some great players for the future speakman, day, guzdek, Glover, teanby. 

For me these would be the first to be given new contracts.. Youth is the future. 

i agree i would give all of them a new contract speakman most improved player this season in top 3 players for me this season with morton and sykes.with morton already given a contract for next season i,d sign sykes up again his tackling is great and the passion he shows is brilliant 

On 7/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Wakefield Ram said:

Highlights on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/NXE-fHa0mro

Seen the highlights and really liked Glover's first first try from Speakman's great kick. 

Now, if only we backed up we could score tries just like Toulouse. 

Still think we need a vast improvement on our tackling abilities. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Lets get it right Toulouse had to engage top gear to get through. The look on our French friends at half time told it all.Good display from young Delaney.Copt three storming high balls and put a stint in the tackle front. Good night out with the lads a shame next seven meaning less.

27 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

Lets get it right Toulouse had to engage top gear to get through. The look on our French friends at half time told it all.Good display from young Delaney.Copt three storming high balls and put a stint in the tackle front. Good night out with the lads a shame next seven meaning less.

Not meaningless if we lose them all Equaliser.

Archived