Branding ??

Has anyone contacted them about this yet?

Edit: just seen the corrected version, so their inbox is probably giving off smoke right now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I would prefer to think of them as working undercover for the RFU.

The way they run the game makes more sense that way.

well known adage in UK business, which IME holds depressingly true:

"always assume any company is in fact controlled by a cartel of it's enemies and competitors"

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Whichever agency they are using wants sacking off. Although whoever is responsible for approving that at the RFL end also wants sacking.

Steady on, Dave T, that's a bit hard on Ralph; he's only just got the job!

10 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

well known adage in UK business, which IME holds depressingly true:

"always assume any company is in fact controlled by a cartel of it's enemies and competitors"

There again, there is the notion that if you have a choice of conspiracy and c*ck-up, it is almost invariably the latter!

In all seriousness in the place I work I would be in serious trouble for doing a cock up like this. I can only imagine a very junior employee did this and no one quality checked it or tested it. Maybe it just further illustrates what a shoddy operation the RFL is and many of these activities seem to be one man band generic efforts.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

In all seriousness in the place I work I would be in serious trouble for doing a cock up like this. I can only imagine a very junior employee did this and no one quality checked it or tested it. Maybe it just further illustrates what a shoddy operation the RFL is and many of these activities seem to be one man band generic efforts.

You need people who believe in the product, that would never of happened with people who are invested in the game 

3 minutes ago, iangidds said:

You need people who believe in the product, that would never of happened with people who are invested in the game 

I don't think that is true at all on things like this. In reality this type of thing wi be done by a third party supplier/agency, they don't need to believe in RL.

They should however know the branding of what they are promoting so that is a shocker. But this will also require signify from somebody within the RFL marketing/commercial team too so for it to go through those checks and go live is not acceptable.

But we should remember that things like this will be done at relatively junior levels.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think that is true at all on things like this. In reality this type of thing wi be done by a third party supplier/agency, they don't need to believe in RL.

They should however know the branding of what they are promoting so that is a shocker. But this will also require signify from somebody within the RFL marketing/commercial team too so for it to go through those checks and go live is not acceptable.

But we should remember that things like this will be done at relatively junior levels.

It’s overseen by the main marketing guy, who I know for a fact believes the RFL has no brand to damage

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Exactly. I'm resuming this sort of work is just farmed out to someone.

But that's how it should be. Pay experts to do it. The fact the experts cocked up and it wasn't picked up at sign off stage is an issue though.

I would actually be looking to see what compensation I could get, or even termination of contract. But it is likely to have been signed off by the RFL too.

Again, all at a relatively junior level this stuff.

Just now, iangidds said:

It’s overseen by the main marketing guy, who I know for a fact believes the RFL has no brand to damage

I can tell you for a fact that at our place a senior bod wouldn't get anywhere near seeing detail like this for sign off.

Somebody junior has messed up here.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

But that's how it should be. Pay experts to do it. The fact the experts cocked up and it wasn't picked up at sign off stage is an issue though.

I would actually be looking to see what compensation I could get, or even termination of contract. But it is likely to have been signed off by the RFL too.

Again, all at a relatively junior level this stuff.

They obviously aren't experts though. Much of the online content that I see from the RFL looks cheap, shoddy and generic and the branding is pathetic. In all seriousness I would be embarrassed to produce much of what the RFL does and it would not be acceptable where I work.

Archived