Even Distributions for the Championship

4 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Why should we give them any money when most sides at that level and below offer absolutely nothing to the game as a whole? Why should we give money to sides that have no youth setups, tiny crowds and virtually no chance of ever being a Super League team? 

We’d be doing it out of sentiment and no other reason than that. We don’t even have ten elite teams in the game so giving money out to lesser teams is an utter waste IMO. 

"We" don't give them any money (unless you do personally, then I apologise). Sky pays the RFL for the exclusive broadcasting rights to SL and Championship games. This money is distributed amongst the clubs within those competitions according to an agreed formula, as the payment for the rights to broadcast.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Wow , some of the historic heartland teams are irrelevant , offer nothing , should be given nothing , are a waste of everyone’s time and don’t belong anymore in the bright new future  must be one of the most sweeping  , ridiculous and just outrageously stupid things I’ve ever read here . And of course no players ever move up through the ranks to SL from this twilight zone .

6 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Why should we give them any money when most sides at that level and below offer absolutely nothing to the game as a whole? Why should we give money to sides that have no youth setups, tiny crowds and virtually no chance of ever being a Super League team? 

We’d be doing it out of sentiment and no other reason than that. We don’t even have ten elite teams in the game so giving money out to lesser teams is an utter waste IMO. 

NURSE! NURSE! This man needs some medication!

On 7/28/2018 at 10:37 AM, Blind side johnny said:

No. Next question.

If Toronto doesn't get equal funding like everyone else is that not discrimination against Toronto?

Why are we so obsessed with equality in RL? No other sport is.  Its all about success and reward.  It's pro sport  not Jeremycorbynball. You don't see F1 fans crying about the rich teams winning every year, or soccer fans.  Sure let's have a bit of competition and healthy change now and again but no need to go overboard.

On 7/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No doubt SL clubs are exempt from your criteria? Anyway, as I've asked before how do you measure exactly what a club "offers to the game"? And as you've clearly forgotten, or as likely ignored, many of those lower level clubs have given more to, and achieved more in the game than some of the current SL incumbents have, or likely ever will.

Who?

Examples please

Football have a system where the money Is like half a mill more per place with a jump to the top ten

They also have an amount for each tv appearance.

The league winner doesn't always get the biggest prize money.

An amount of the tv deal goes to the FA and another portion to grass roots.

Sounds a good fair system to me and better than other countries that sell their own rites per club!

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The sentence “we don’t even have ten elite teams in the game” is an acknowledgement to the current standard of Super League. It’s true, we don’t. Six maybe seven clubs at a push are at a good level at present and yet people want the money spread across thirty-odd teams. It seems madness to me. 

What a team offers is a subjective term and everyone will see things differently but there are a number of teams, some current Super League teams included, who don’t even have an Academy side, for starters. A number of teams also lerch from one financial disaster to the next and live off the handouts from the game. 

I mean, it’s great that there are some historic teams in the likes of Swinton, Workington and a few others in the lower levels of the game but it’s 2018 and some of the past greats are exactly that, past greats. They’re not relevant in this day and age and the game needs to focus on two things, the present and the future and they have to decide what teams offer and what teams could offer and that will mean that some teams are cut off but no team is bigger than the game. 

So let's spread all the money between 6 or 7 clubs and sod the rest.

Of all the clubs at the moment,where do you draw the line about who is worthy and who isn't.

I think oliverclotheshorse must be a Wigan fan Mr Gittinsfan. As it's them , Saints and Warrington, who was invited to the private party with the new chief of RL in who gets what regarding money from RL in the future. So your right lets just have 6 or 7 clubs and just share the money out with them. Or better still just give Wigan , Warrington and Saints it all.

11 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

Jeremycorbynball. 

I'd go watch it.

On a serious note though one of the things I like the most about rugby league is that there isn't one or two billionaire clubs buying the league, obviously some are wealthier than others but overall it's less predictable than football or F1. How we balance that with also welcoming any investment we can is the difficult part.

Archived