Fallout begins

Blue Pike

Let me share with you my conversation with a Fev first Team player I had with him a couple of days ago.He has been offered half the amount contract so he has refused to accept it.The only decent contracts that are being honoured are Riddy and Hock.Hock got banned on purpose so he didn’t have to travel to Toronto.Whilst there the players are paying for their own food in a sh## hotel and he also said that it is widely rumoured  MC is more interested in persuing York than Fev.

Even if Fev players have been offered half what they are on what can they do? Thats still probably more than what most part time teams in this league are paying and the only one where they might get some where near arent exactly on the look out for a lot of players.

I was under the impression that Toronto would be footing the bill for  trips to Canada for the  championship teams , it would therefore appear that I am totally wrong **** boy ?

Depends which player it is, I’d be peed off too if these players were coming in on bigger contracts, especially when one’s been sidelined and one has discipline issues. I’ve got the impression all season that there’s some unrest with certain players, maybe this is why! It’ll manifest itself somehow I’m sure......

the flight is paid for, the accimmodation that is provided is an ex university campus, very basic and nothing much for the players to do. only breakfast is provided and i'm told that's not great. training ground is 20 minutes away, and lamport stadium 45 minutes away. as for the return flight, the airline doesn't fly to manchester on a sunday, so they fly to glasgow and have to travel home by coach. i think i'm with Gaz Hock on this one

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

MC is more interested in persuing York than Fev.

This is the bit that worries me.

You just can't have loyalties to two teams.  MC needs to urgently decide if he's a Fev man or a York man.  I certainly wouldn't begrudge him being swayed in favour of York, let's face it they're a world famous city and are much better long term prospect than we are.

I'm grateful to MC for what he's done with our club, but if his head has been turned, he needs to put us out of our misery sooner rather than later.

Tee hee!! I love these threads, especially when someone posts that they have heard from the daughter of a woman who cleans at the shop of an aunt of a bloke who walks the dog of a neighbour of a Fev player that has told him...........!!!!!

Do you know what, I hope that as a club it is reviewing the wages of its playing staff for next season in the light of a possible reduction in income, it makes perfect sense to do so. I am not privy to the wages of our players, nor frankly should I be as it is none of my business and a matter between the club and the player, but if they feel that they can be offered similar terms to what Oxyboy and other non Fev fans say they know they are on at another club then good luck to them. If a player leaves, he leaves, wont be the first time and until I see it in the Pont and C*s then I will take any rumour with a large pinch of salt.

5 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Tee hee!! I love these threads, especially when someone posts that they have heard from the daughter of a woman who cleans at the shop of an aunt of a bloke who walks the dog of a neighbour of a Fev player that has told him...........!!!!!

Do you know what, I hope that as a club it is reviewing the wages of its playing staff for next season in the light of a possible reduction in income, it makes perfect sense to do so. I am not privy to the wages of our players, nor frankly should I be as it is none of my business and a matter between the club and the player, but if they feel that they can be offered similar terms to what Oxyboy and other non Fev fans say they know they are on at another club then good luck to them. If a player leaves, he leaves, wont be the first time and until I see it in the Pont and C*s then I will take any rumour with a large pinch of salt.

Would you even see it in the Ponte & Fev?  The club are pretty notorious for not releasing news like that.

Some pretty blatant flowering up of news going on lately, like trying to dress up a DR arrangement as signing someone from Halifax.  Not to mention releasing a 19 man squad that was a blatant lie.  At the time of publishing Josh Walters could not possibly have been in the squad, the plane having flown without his bum being on a seat.

Normally when this type of public bulls hit is flying around, it's masking some pretty big problems within an organisation.

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

Granted we are not as a club the worlds best at media releases! My point was though until I do see it in an official media outlet then I tend not to put too much credence on rumour. If I did I would still be waiting for Danny Brough and Eorl Crabtree to be making their debuts!

I'd forgotten about that.  Christ that was embarrassing 

Some folks will know the cintract status of some players. Players talk. They have families who talk. Some contract are in the open. Others aren't.

I know what both my kids earn. I know what each has in their banks.

My salary is a matter of public record and easy enough to find. 

I've never been driven by wealth so its not my priority conversation. But i do know how much some of my friends make. Rugby is no different. Some know. Some think they know. Some guess

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Let me share with you my conversation with a Fev first Team player I had with him a couple of days ago.He has been offered half the amount contract so he has refused to accept it.The only decent contracts that are being honoured are Riddy and Hock.Hock got banned on purpose so he didn’t have to travel to Toronto.Whilst there the players are paying for their own food in a sh## hotel and he also said that it is widely rumoured  MC is more interested in persuing York than Fev.

Cutting our cloth accordingly, it's been mentioned that the club will lose £250k for not making top 4 so I think it's pretty obvious, for me if a player doesn't want to accept 50% then off you go, I think the market dictates and therefore we will get someone with a similar ability who does want to play for us.

1 minute ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Given the substantial drop in funding it is inevitable that contracts are going to be reduced. And given the performances this season, I reckon that the majority of our players will do well to get big contracts else where.

Almost my words!

For me doing something similar to what Fax did when they missed out the other year seems a reasonable solution, didn't their squad take a 10% cut with the promise of the club repaying the reduction if they got top 4 the following year? Certainly would incentivise the squad to get into the 4 next season.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

For me doing something similar to what Fax did when they missed out the other year seems a reasonable solution, didn't their squad take a 10% cut with the promise of the club repaying the reduction if they got top 4 the following year? Certainly would incentivise the squad to get into the 4 next season.

Sounds like a good idea baldrick just hope duffy also gets a pay cut if he is still at fev next season.

10 minutes ago, eltel said:

Sounds like a good idea baldrick just hope duffy also gets a pay cut if he is still at fev next season.

Absolutely, I would not be averse to limiting it to just the playing staff. It is a whole club approach that is needed if efficiencies have to be made, from the guys at the top right down to the bloke that lets off the pointless fireworks! 

3 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Its not off a woman who cleans his aunties shop blah blah blah .Ive spoke to a player who plays practically every week and if you’re suggesting he is lieing he would be rightly justified to feel your collar.

We are an industry that works on income and expenditure. In my time I was paid on performance. My salary was subject to what I had achieved during the year. Therefore I would pay the players on the same basis. The ones who have performed get paid accordingly and likewise for the ones that didn't perform. Also look for income from the assets you own. We are a business so let us run it like one. But clarity of what is going on is very important so the shareholders and supporters can respond, and put some action into  being.  Leaving the people who care in the dark and relying on rumour is the worst way to run the club. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Its not off a woman who cleans his aunties shop blah blah blah .Ive spoke to a player who plays practically every week and if you’re suggesting he is lieing he would be rightly justified to feel your collar.

Errr............... where did I say that you didn't speak to a player? My post wasn't aimed at you in any way, shape or form.  

Archived