TWP draw larger crowd than NRL game

1 hour ago, fcl said:

I am not from Leigh or England, but I have serious doubts about these affluences. amateur photos and videos show a stadium much less full than official photos. 
On the internet, it is more difficult to find the image of a paid ticket than a free ticket. if we compare these affluences with others in the same stage, this reinforces the doubts.
as the first justification for this American project is to make believe that there is a commercial potential, these doubts taint this project.
After saying another user, it may be a choice to fill his tribunes with free tickets but for me it can not stay long like that.

i love how you selectively publish photos that suit your view but ignore all of the ones that show the large crowds in the west end and the beer garden...gota love the age of misinformation! Your west end picture is especially cute as it only shows the one corner where  no one sits as its away from all the action.

why not come down to a game and get a free ticket and see how empty the stands are for yourself?

9 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

i love how you selectively publish photos that suit your view but ingnor all of the ones that show the large cords in the west end and the beer garden...gota love the age of misinformation! Your west end picture is especially cute as it only shows the one corner where  no one sits as its away from all the action.

Exactly, like you couldn't take similar photos of the stadium corners of almost any RL team.

4 hours ago, fcl said:

I am not from Leigh or England, but I have serious doubts about these affluences. amateur photos and videos show a stadium much less full than official photos. 
On the internet, it is more difficult to find the image of a paid ticket than a free ticket. if we compare these affluences with others in the same stage, this reinforces the doubts.
as the first justification for this American project is to make believe that there is a commercial potential, these doubts taint this project.
After saying another user, it may be a choice to fill his tribunes with free tickets but for me it can not stay long like that.

7848A5FE-625A-4746-ADE2-2E0092A013FC.jpeg

F870E590-968C-42DF-BA22-7B835739ABBE.jpeg

Merde....... 

Give me strength.  They're doing amazing things for our game, clubs in the heartlands routinely try free ticket games and barely anyone shows up anyway.  I'm sure there's a fair amount of promotional tickets, as you'd expect from a new club in a new area, but I'm equally sure they're selling a butt load of tickets too.  And considering they're still not in the top tier they need MASSIVE credit.  Not this embarrassing cynicism from so called rugby league "fans".  Go watch union if you hate our game actually being successful.

I think I still have the right to have doubts and prefer other development project? I think we are wasting our time with this wacky project and that Superleague should work on a club in Cumbria, London, for a second club in France, rugbyleague territories with rugby schools, volunteers etc

I am a volunteer who knows that to build something sustainable you need solid foundations, the day when your obsess investors will be fed up with throwing money, we will talk about it ....

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

17 minutes ago, fcl said:

I think I still have the right to have doubts and prefer other development project? I think we are wasting our time with this wacky project and that Superleague should work on a club in Cumbria, London, for a second club in France, rugbyleague territories with rugby schools, volunteers etc

I am a volunteer who knows that to build something sustainable you need solid foundations, the day when your obsess investors will be fed up with throwing money, we will talk about it ....

This isn't a "rugby league" project. This is a self funded club from Toronto.  When someone with millions of pounds and serious  business savvy comes into Cumbria or London then we can "waste our time" with them too as it'll be at no cost to anyone.  Just like Toronto is.  Although i fail to see the potential at a club in Cumbria being anything like a club in one of the most important cities in north america.

Super League / RFL aren't working on this.  It isn't taking their time or money.  They're just the lucky benefactors.

25 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

This isn't a "rugby league" project. This is a self funded club from Toronto.  When someone with millions of pounds and serious  business savvy comes into Cumbria or London then we can "waste our time" with them too as it'll be at no cost to anyone.  Just like Toronto is.  Although i fail to see the potential at a club in Cumbria being anything like a club in one of the most important cities in north america.

Super League / RFL aren't working on this.  It isn't taking their time or money.  They're just the lucky benefactors.

That's why I didn't understand Elstone's comments regarding Toronto as spurious and how he dreams of a Manchester club at the Eithad while Toronto hasn't cost RL a penny and Manchester is nothing but a pipe dream.

As you say, let's discuss other options when they actually become apparent. While right now we have Toronto and Tolouse so let's work with them and not kick them to the curb for a dream of clubs that don't exist.

55 minutes ago, fcl said:

Cumbria is a pipe dream because everyone from Cumbria has said they wont support a SL club unless its their current club. Also its large and not densely populated right? So just a ###### idea all around?

SL did work on a club in London and France and failed from what I've been told, shall you do it again? Clubs in London and France are actually working their way up and might very well be in SL next year already...all in the qualifiers if you didn't know. Also getting some slag already  as to why London/Toulouse shouldn't be in SL so right on track with TWP.

Listen to the podcast that i posted in the main forum with Noble for some answers to your concerns. Maybe its because  we have totally different views here but you really sound like a bitter person who doesn't like change.

1 hour ago, fcl said:

Oh fgs. If we get rid of Toronto to put money into Cumbria, then that will be £0.00 because the RFL put nothing into Toronto and the RFL don't have money to give to Cumbria anyway. 

London and France have clubs who could well be in SL next year, so not sure what you're complaining about exactly. 

34 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Cumbria is a pipe dream because everyone from Cumbria has said they wont support a SL club unless its their current club. Also its large and not densely populated right? So just a ###### idea all around?

SL did work on a club in London and France and failed from what I've been told, shall you do it again? Clubs in London and France are actually working their way up and might very well be in SL next year already...all in the qualifiers if you didn't know. Also getting some slag already  as to why London/Toulouse shouldn't be in SL so right on track with TWP.

Listen to the podcast that i posted in the main forum with Noble for some answers to your concerns. Maybe its because  we have totally different views here but you really sound like a bitter person who doesn't like change.

I've said it before, but Toronto are the perfect model for London Broncos to try and emulate in terms of building our crowds and exposure. We're both big cities with 100s of other things to do and competing against heavyweight sports (the PL in our case). So much potential is being wasted in the city. 

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Cumbria is a pipe dream because everyone from Cumbria has said they wont support a SL club unless its their current club. Also its large and not densely populated right?

Which is not to say it couldn't happen. In fact Workington did it back in the 50's. They have a very strong Community game and could build a side capable of competing well. It would need someone with plenty of money unhindered by SL or RFL interference, who could pull in new punters (Cumbria is not overloaded with sport).

Someone prepared to give away tickets, and provide a great matchday experience.

Following the TWP model possibly.

6 hours ago, fcl said:

No Cumbria superclub would EVER get 7/8000 through the gates in their second season. Even if the punters going through the turnstyles got a tenner at the other side. Stupid pipedream. Stupid regressive thinking.

Not happening. All 3 Cumbrian clubs added together draw less fans han Leigh do now. That is an undisputed fact.

13 hours ago, PatrickB said:

I was at this game in Toronto. Probably 90% of the crowd, as always, was on the west side (that's where most of the seasons tickets are, (it's in the shade (for 4:30 starts at least)  and sun is at your back rather than directly in your face. That's why there are always many more people on the west side.) And a lot of people are in the beer garden end.

Sorry Patrick but the real reason is RL on the TV is meant to show the game in a bad light so you make sure the cameras face the empty side of the ground even if there were 4 million fans directly behind them

And I'm so glad to see you at TWP are carrying on this wonderful tradition and are not some johnny come latelys out to present the game in a positive and productive manner ..... that would never do, oh dear, no! Next you'll be expecting us to become optimistic and excited about the future!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

That is incorrect,an ever dwindling,aging band of diehards numbering a few hundred do share that view,but most RL fans up here would support a joint venture,especially if it was part of a plan to develop RL at all levels in the county.

13 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

No Cumbria superclub would EVER get 7/8000 through the gates in their second season. Even if the punters going through the turnstyles got a tenner at the other side. Stupid pipedream. Stupid regressive thinking.

Not happening. All 3 Cumbrian clubs added together draw less fans han Leigh do now. That is an undisputed fact.

but not all RL fans go to the semi pro match's many more go to amateur games for various reasons  if a SL team was properly augmented with a realistic plan for the other local clubs and well situated and had the funds the TWP have at their disposal then you may well be very mistaken .

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

That is incorrect,an ever dwindling,aging band of diehards numbering a few hundred do share that view,but most RL fans up here would support a joint venture,especially if it was part of a plan to develop RL at all levels in the county.

Well then, organize yourselves and get at it.....

On 7/31/2018 at 6:41 PM, Tre Cool said:

Give me strength.  They're doing amazing things for our game

Yes but compared to one Hundred years of moaning and belittling our own game it hardly stacks up does it?

I mean,what will RL fans do if things take a turn for the Rosy?

On 7/31/2018 at 7:42 PM, Tre Cool said:

Super League / RFL aren't working on this.

Or much else it seems .....

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived