Maurice Blair at the RFL Disciplinary...

Facing a possible 5 match ban after gesturing to the Hull FC fans after being sin binned last Friday evening.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/hull-kr-s-maurice-blair-facing-potential-five-game-ban-1-9276873

Any other player been done for this sort of stuff before?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Tomkins?.

Good shout but he only received a word from his club IIRC.

I could be wrong though, it has been known.

The match commissioner usually stands in the exact spot where Blair left the field once sin binned.

I'm not sure whether he could have brought it to the ref's attention when it happened but, if he could have, why didn't he?

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

The match commissioner usually stands in the exact spot where Blair left the field once sin binned.

I'm not sure whether he could have brought it to the ref's attention when it happened but, if he could have, why didn't he?

You mean Ginger Lino missed it?

Not surprised Blair is in trouble. He's fortunate it wasn't upgraded to red on the spot.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It was caught very clearly on the coverage. Either that or he was just answering their question on how many times they’d lost to Hull this year 

?

Obviously his head was on fire. He ran off the pitch gesturing right in front of us. As Ullman says, I rather think Hewer was very lenient giving him just a yellow.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Good shout but he only received a word from his club IIRC.

I could be wrong though, it has been known.

Tomkins got a £1000 fine from the RFL suspended until the end of the following season. Wigan also punished Tomkins.

Five games is massively excessive for a one or two fingered salute. I’m not sure fans can get on the moral high ground here either, they were obviously dishing it out to him and he’s reacted back. Hardly the crime of the century. 

When you consider that Morgan Knowles got an overly excessive four game ban for an apparent tip tackle at Catalans earlier this year, a maximum of five games for throwing the bird is ridiculous. 

True, hardly the crime of tbe century; that would have attracted a life sentence without parole.  

I realise some players may  never appear on University Challenge, but is there any need for them to show their disappointment  on the field?

Similar to the way that some far east posters air their  disappointment at failing their refs ticket by becoming keyboard refs.

31 minutes ago, Brigg Rover said:

Surely he just has to claim that he was having a bad personal time and someone abused his pet goldfish and he a momentary lapse, no case to answer sorry for wasting your time Mr Blair.

Hey, goldfish abuse should never be underplayed. It's a first-world problem, and should be dealt with compassionately.

12 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Five games is massively excessive for a one or two fingered salute. I’m not sure fans can get on the moral high ground here either, they were obviously dishing it out to him and he’s reacted back. Hardly the crime of the century. 

When you consider that Morgan Knowles got an overly excessive four game ban for an apparent tip tackle at Catalans earlier this year, a maximum of five games for throwing the bird is ridiculous. 

To be fair, it was a bit harsh of the match commissioner to boo him off the field.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived