Manly Fans - Where are you?

AS the saying goes: “Everyone hates Manly”.

But are the Sea Eagles starting to hate their own?

Saturday’s game at Lottoland against Penrith drew a measly crowd of just 6134.

Despite the club’s poor season, it’s an embarrassing result considering the Toronto Wolfpack — a second-tier side playing in England’s Championship league — celebrated a season-high attendance of 8217 for their match against the Featherstone Rovers — in Canada.

Even the Newtown Jets had a crowd of approximately 7000 show up to Henson Park for their Intrust Super Premiership against Penrith during The Beer, Footy & Food Festival.

Totonto.JPG.c16c8c856b7051c09ee62c4b37272c8b.JPG

By the way Featherstone beat Toronto in Canada, the first team to do this.

Said it on the main forum but Brookvale is falling apart and shouldnt be used for NRL games. The Club itself for the past couple of years is a disaster that runs from one crisis to another. Then the team itself is probably the worst Manly squad in over 30 plus years. Add to the fact that the Club like many in the Sydney area just seem to do nothing to bring in new fans. Not a real surprise they got 6K for this game for me. I can see them being bought out and moving to Perth and playing the odd game in Gosford.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:35 AM, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Said it on the main forum but Brookvale is falling apart and shouldnt be used for NRL games. The Club itself for the past couple of years is a disaster that runs from one crisis to another. Then the team itself is probably the worst Manly squad in over 30 plus years. Add to the fact that the Club like many in the Sydney area just seem to do nothing to bring in new fans. Not a real surprise they got 6K for this game for me. I can see them being bought out and moving to Perth and playing the odd game in Gosford.

Interesting prediction LRL. I’m not sure that clubs can be simply relocated like that without the NRLs approval, although they did say them at Sydney clubs must survive off their own merits from now on (albeit, the two latest NRL funded saves were for non Sydney teams)...

I doubt that the NRL will be happy to relinquish the entire north of Sydney to RU and the growing AFL, especially with the re-emergence of Shute Shield interest in the region.

Manly had their big chance when Abbott was PM and Baird was NSW Premier. Having both leaders being MPs from the Manly area was their best chance to get some Govt funding. Labor won't throw cash at the Northern Beaches.

Archived