R20 Tricky Crusaders

AB Knight

Another cup final as we play bogey team North Wales Crusaders. Looking at their results, it's safe to say they prefer playing away:

Wins away at Whitehaven and Newcastle probably being the highlights. Plus only lost by 8 at Doncaster (who at the time were putting cricket scores past teams) and Workington.
On the flip side the only home wins have been against Hemel and Coventry and a draw against London.

I'll never forget the league 1 cup game last season when York looked as comfortable as I've seen any team look...then somehow threw it all away, conceded a debatable last minute try and lost in extra time.

But this Knights team is made of tougher stuff this season. Any kind of win will do as we keep the pressure on Bradford. Would like to see Harry Carter given a run out as I thought Will Jubb looked tired after playing in 4 matches last week. Also think we are in a position where we can rotate our forwards and bring Adam Robinson back in.

I disagree, there is no such thing as a bogey team, it's all in the mind, (and the York Press),  and a ready made excuse if things go wrong. This Knights side won't give a stuff about what has happened in the past. We overcame them reasonably comfortably at their ground last month, and I'm confident we'll do the same this week. Might even pull a few points back on the difference with the Bulls as well.

I hope you do get a good attendance at the game on Sunday.

I'm fuming that the RFL have put the Challenge Cup double header on a weekend where other games are expected to compete with two enormous games.  Why not have the CC semi on a weekend with no other RL games on, so that clubs don't lose out and those who'd like to go and watch the CC games can do so?

Our away travel is struggling to get to our break-even figure of 30 people on our bus to York on Saturday and I know a fair few of our regulars are going to watch the CC semi. It means our away travel fun will lose money, less people will be at York so your income will be down a little too.

I hope Crusaders can put on their best performance against York - we will need to.

23 minutes ago, gogledd said:

I hope you do get a good attendance at the game on Sunday.

I'm fuming that the RFL have put the Challenge Cup double header on a weekend where other games are expected to compete with two enormous games.  Why not have the CC semi on a weekend with no other RL games on, so that clubs don't lose out and those who'd like to go and watch the CC games can do so?

Our away travel is struggling to get to our break-even figure of 30 people on our bus to York on Saturday and I know a fair few of our regulars are going to watch the CC semi. It means our away travel fun will lose money, less people will be at York so your income will be down a little too.

I hope Crusaders can put on their best performance against York - we will need to.

I hope so too , we need challenging every week and you are just the team to do it.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, Haxbytyke said:

I disagree, there is no such thing as a bogey team, it's all in the mind, (and the York Press),  and a ready made excuse if things go wrong. This Knights side won't give a stuff about what has happened in the past. We overcame them reasonably comfortably at their ground last month, and I'm confident we'll do the same this week. Might even pull a few points back on the difference with the Bulls as well.

You are right , they are not a bogey team but a team we have to go all out to beat. I for one are fed up of Martini with his 

'bogey' team every time we come up against a club who have pushed us close at home or beaten us , change the record.

11 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

You are right , they are not a bogey team but a team we have to go all out to beat. I for one are fed up of Martini with his 

'bogey' team every time we come up against a club who have pushed us close at home or beaten us , change the record.

If we beat these teams then he wont be saying it, simple.

Catalans v Saints will be on in the Burton WMC outside the ground. Might be a 50p charge for non members but the beer is cheap. 

Archived