Joe Bullock

SJD

It's a sad day for Barrow as big Joe has signed for Wigan and will leave us at the end of this season. The lad has given us some  great moments since he joined us and I can only wish him all the best as he looks to further his career in super league. 

Totally agree he has been a wonderful player for the raiders , fastest forward I’ve seen down there since ,Eddie syzmala good luck joe enjoy ,teaming back up with hankinson another ex raider doing well at Wigan .i really hope tom Walker comes back soon missed his driving runs 

Good luck to Joe...if it doesn't work out please come back mate

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I'm happy and sad at the same time. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. But, Leigh didn't want him and we took him and developed him to this stage, and he gave everything in return, which shows the mettle of the guy. Does the club get anything, transfer, in return or is he out of contract? We wish him all the best.

6 minutes ago, TMF said:

I'm happy and sad at the same time. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. But, Leigh didn't want him and we took him and developed him to this stage, and he gave everything in return, which shows the mettle of the guy. Does the club get anything, transfer, in return or is he out of contract? We wish him all the best.

Steve has posted we are getting a pre season friendly out of it and Wigan are sharing their knowledge and are hoping to make players available for loan once the new coach is in place. I really hope we got a fee for him too

Thoroughly deserves his chance he's been our best player so far this year. 

Don't think we could ever deny a lad about to approach his prime and chance to play at super league and I don't think anyone can blame Joe for taking his opportunity. 

He's already put on his own twitter saying thanks but his main focus is staying up with Barrow so fair play to him. Good luck I'm sure he will do well. 

Good luck to Joe ...Im sure he will do well at the Pies and wouldn't surprise me if we see him on international duty at some stage

Lee Morton

Nope. fake news. Couldn't have been.

7 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

I see that Shaun Edwards is coach of Wigan in 2020 and Adrian Lam next season.

If true, I can't see how that helps stability at a club.Play this way next season, play a different way the next. Before this thread disappears, can I ask the question again? Are we getting a transfer fee or not?

As it said in the article published by the club, Joe (like most other players) had a clause in his contract that states he can go to a super league club for free, also as the article said in return we will get advice on  club admin matters, loan players and a potential money spinner friendly against Wigan, so I think you can take that as a no TMF in terms of a transfer fee, but payment in kind.

If that's true lifer, i'm pretty disgusted. He can go for free? After what we've done for him? Oh, so, and we get advice on club admin matters? What the hell does that mean? Oh, and we get loan players? So who are the locals, who have stood by us, are you going to drop? Oh, and a 'potential' money spinning friendly against Wigan, who will send a team of young players, border line first team players and who knows who else? Tell you what, I won't be there. And who put that clause in his contract? He goes for free? What idiot wrote that? Lifer, what payment are we getting in kind?

only saying what the article said mate. Your choice if you go or not, and by the way Joe owes us nothing, he has been the stand out player for 3 years, good luck to the lad, and i think you will find its common practice for most if not all players at all clubs to have a super league get out clause.

I know, you're right. It's what is killing every club out side SL. I remember when we sold a local lad for a world record fee. But that was before SKY.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, lifer said:

As it said in the article published by the club, Joe (like most other players) had a clause in his contract that states he can go to a super league club for free, also as the article said in return we will get advice on  club admin matters, loan players and a potential money spinner friendly against Wigan, so I think you can take that as a no TMF in terms of a transfer fee, but payment in kind.

The RL should have a clause that when any SL club fakes a player from outside of the SL then they really should pay (Something) & these extras already stated, Spread the cash to assist the lower league clubs.

It would appear that Joe Bullock has played his last game for barrow as he broke his jaw at the start of the game yesterday, managed to finish the game though! Operation tomorrow according to the clubs twitter. What a player, wish him all the best at wigan and really hope he manages to make an impact and get himself playing every week. 

Tom Heighton

Such a shame to end his Barrow career like this :-( ... bet hes a gutted as we are !!

Lee Morton

Archived