End of season positions

Who are going to be the three teams going down from the Premier at the end of this season.

I think that it will be Myton, Wigan St Pat's and Kells.

I think that we (Mayfield) have the easier finish compared with Kells.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

10 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Normanton are in trouble after losing 26 -6 to Underbank tonight?They have got a tough run in against Hunslet,Kells,Mayfield,west hull and Wath Brow?

I agree, Myton, St Pats & Normy for me.

On the flipside, how do people see the playoffs panning out?

3 hours ago, AC3 said:

I agree, Myton, St Pats & Normy for me.

On the flipside, how do people see the playoffs panning out?

I make no presumptions about what we might do for the remainder of the season. All I can say is we see the biggest threat to us achieving what we set out to coming from West Hull and Thatto. That's not to say we take anybody else lightly we just recognise these two sides have given us the closest games over the season, but hey anything can happen in the play offs. 

Hunslet are out on their own. No one will catch them and we should all recognise that they have been the stand out side all season. We can congratulate them now. Well done. In the play off games nothing changes. No one has been able to hold them so Champions are Hunslet

Going back to the relegation fight I think that Myton and Wigan are doomed already. Given their fixtures you can not realistically seeing them escape. My bet for the third spot has got to be Kells. Their remaining 5 fixtures are Sidall away, Mayfield away, Normanton home, Egremont away and West Hull home. I cannot see them winning any of those games.

Rochdale Mayfield have Wigan away, Kells home, Wath Brow Away, Normanton away and Underbank home. I see them getting two maybe three wins out of those games.

Normanton have West Hull home, Hunslet home, Kells away, Mayfield away and Wath Brow home. I see them winning one maybe two of those games.

So given my predictions its Myton, Wigan and Kells going down. But that's just my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

Hunslet are out on their own. No one will catch them and we should all recognise that they have been the stand out side all season. We can congratulate them now. Well done. In the play off games nothing changes. No one has been able to hold them so Champions are Hunslet

Going back to the relegation fight I think that Myton and Wigan are doomed already. Given their fixtures you can not realistically seeing them escape. My bet for the third spot has got to be Kells. Their remaining 5 fixtures are Sidall away, Mayfield away, Normanton home, Egremont away and West Hull home. I cannot see them winning any of those games.

Rochdale Mayfield have Wigan away, Kells home, Wath Brow Away, Normanton away and Underbank home. I see them getting two maybe three wins out of those games.

Normanton have West Hull home, Hunslet home, Kells away, Mayfield away and Wath Brow home. I see them winning one maybe two of those games.

So given my predictions its Myton, Wigan and Kells going down. But that's just my opinion. 

Looking at those fixtures a lot hinges on the Kells V Normanton game

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

16 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Looking at those fixtures a lot hinges on the Kells V Normanton game

Kells  may well survive if the other Cumbrian clubs do their part. I’m sure Egremont and Brow will not want Kells to be relegated, and will do their best to make sure it doesn’t happen.

HW

3 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

Kells  may well survive if the other Cumbrian clubs do their part. I’m sure Egremont and Brow will not want Kells to be relegated, and will do their best to make sure it doesn’t happen.

HW

Kells fate will play no part in the other 2 clubs performances,they have enough reasons of their own to pick up wins.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:24 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I make no presumptions about what we might do for the remainder of the season. All I can say is we see the biggest threat to us achieving what we set out to coming from West Hull and Thatto. That's not to say we take anybody else lightly we just recognise these two sides have given us the closest games over the season, but hey anything can happen in the play offs. 

Like I have said before the season isn't won over a few games, this season you have done yourselves proud at Hunslet Parkside, setting new records before the season has finished a great achievement for any club, I agree with you about West Hull being a team to worry about, and after watching the Thatto game I think that should have been a home win, looking fwd to the business end of the season now though. 

8 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

HW

Kells only game against a Cumbrian side is against Egremont away. So I do not agree with your reasoning. I don't think they will win any of there 5 matches and therefore will go down.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:55 PM, Big Doug said:

High praise indeed, Doug - much appreciated. That said, the two sides I mentioned have both got to within 4 points against us at least once this season, so fine margins at times. 

As far as relegation goes, think Normanton might just do enough against Kells and with already 2 more points on the board it'll be a big ask for Kells to stay up. 

When we (Mayfield) played you in the cup final the other season it was clear that if you kept that team and added to it you were going to be a force in the Premier division.

To have gone undefeated is a massive performance. I said at the start of the season you would be there or there abouts. I just wish I had backed my judgement at the Bookies.

14 hours ago, Big Doug said:

When we (Mayfield) played you in the cup final the other season it was clear that if you kept that team and added to it you were going to be a force in the Premier division.

To have gone undefeated is a massive performance. I said at the start of the season you would be there or there abouts. I just wish I had backed my judgement at the Bookies.

I did first year they came back sky bet hadn't done their research properly, 4/1 to win division 2. Printing money

On 1 August 2018 at 3:55 PM, Big Doug said:

Kells beat Siddal today 14-10

Mayfield need to learn there lesson writing these Cumbrian sides off, 

they did it against Egremont and now kells

kells did a job on Siddal today, wanted it more all over the field and deserved the win

we at Siddal have had a huge transition this season, like many in the league,

we are not out of the relegation scrap our selfs, if we can maintain our premier league status, then it will have been a successful season for us 

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Kells beat Siddal today 14-10

Well I got those two results today completely wrong. Well done to Kells on the victory at Sidall. Next weeks game at Mayfield is going to be a massive game now as a result of Mayfield getting beaten by Wigan St Pats. St Pats wanted the win more than us today as we reverted to our poor early and middle season form.

It is getting impossible to predict how results will go.

Archived