Shield Fixtures

elppaxr2i

29 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Even with home advantage in the final up for grabs, I think the "crucial" games have been and gone, so I hope he's not rushed back.

Think the Leigh game will coincide with Hock being ban-free though, so that should spice things up. 

Hope he's still ban free after the game????

47 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Personally I wouldn’t risk him in any of these matches or even the final. Best that he’s fully recovered for next season.

Or maybe just save him for the final, just to rub Leigh's nose in it a bit more.

Could be the thing that bags us the extra cash.

23 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Or maybe just save him for the final, just to rub Leigh's nose in it a bit more.

Could be the thing that bags us the extra cash.

David, do you know the prize money for the winners?

1 hour ago, POR said:

don't think any prize money as such winners get money for finishing 5th in league similarly losers of mpg classed as top of championship and get appropriate funding

If it's the same as when the 8s were first introduced both finalists get the same central funding next season (finishing positions were/are paired down to both promoted clubs). I think the year we beat London we got £30k for winning but  am sure that's not the case anymore. Home advantage in the final has the benefit of income from sundry sales.

8 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

The big question is will Ridyard be fit for the crucial Leigh fixture?

Further, how many first team players will Leigh have lost at that time.

It's doubly important to beat Leigh because it would be another final to be held at Fev, hopefully televised? If neutral grounds were ever re-introduced for the Shield final, the LD would be a perfect venue.

You lot must be buzzing with the thought of silverware. :)

Gonna be interesting how the featherstone & Leigh pay their win bonus in the playoffs, each of you should win at least 6 games each.. Might be conserve money time for both clubs.. Wouldn't surprise me if ridyard doesn't play again for you and gets snapped up by a team in the qualifiers. 

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Further, how many first team players will Leigh have lost at that time.

None as transfer window is closed

However they may not play players due to having to pay them if played certain amount of games etc

37 minutes ago, coolie said:

Gonna be interesting how the featherstone & Leigh pay their win bonus in the playoffs, each of you should win at least 6 games each.. Might be conserve money time for both clubs.. Wouldn't surprise me if ridyard doesn't play again for you and gets snapped up by a team in the qualifiers. 

Coolie its so weird that if you get in top four you stand a chance of not achieving anything and lo and behold if you finish fifth you could be running around a top class stadium (Post Office Road) with a little silver plate. Happy days???????

49 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Coolie its so weird that if you get in top four you stand a chance of not achieving anything and lo and behold if you finish fifth you could be running around a top class stadium (Post Office Road) with a little silver plate. Happy days???????

It's a reward for failure is the plate

Imagine a big chocolate cake that the top 4 gorge upon

The plate winners get to lick the crumbs instead of getting a big slice of the cake

Nobody is interested in winning the plate, you'll turn Leigh over and you'll have a nice final at your place 

Winner, winner Phil  :)

6 hours ago, coolie said:

The plate winners get to lick the crumbs instead of getting a big slice of the cake

Nobody is interested in winning the plate, you'll turn Leigh over and you'll have a nice final at your place 

Thats the only sizeable crumb n'all Neil.

It is the "look what you could have won" plate!

8 hours ago, coolie said:

Riddy on a 2 year deal, which he will see out, am been told, aswell as hock. There will have to be some sort of cut backs, but word on the street is were fine cash wise. Theres a lot of hard work gone in off the field, we own our  ground average well over 2k, David longe done a very good job securing lots of sponsorship, our clubhouse regulary in use, super league clubs renting our training facilities, and records been made with merchandise in our new superstore. Sorry to dissapoint, but think you will see a strong Featherstone Rovers again next season?.

12 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

It's doubly important to beat Leigh because it would be another final to be held at Fev, hopefully televised? If neutral grounds were ever re-introduced for the Shield final, the LD would be a perfect venue.

Has the Shield final ever been televised?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, coolie said:

Yeah. I was being a little sarcastic Coolie in my response.I'll still attend cos its Fev. Think the eights will be doomed. Whenever has the RFL rebelled against anything Super League want?☺

1 minute ago, Phil Loxton said:

Yeah. I was being a little sarcastic Coolie in my response.I'll still attend cos its Fev. Think the eights will be doomed. Whenever has the RFL rebelled against anything Super League want?☺

I'm told that it is virtually certain that we will have the eights next season. The SL, represented by their new CEO, were due to table proposals for a restructure in June; it is now August and nothing has yet been produced. Given that clubs are already in the throes of planning recruitment for next season it would be unforgivable to change the funding structures at this late stage.

And whilst there is still the possibility of Leeds getting relegated.................................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

38 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Don’t think so, and can’t see it being this year either.

Wasn't it televised from Widnes when Fev last won it? It must be the DVD I can remember watching after the event?

Archived