Sign in to follow this  
Mumby Magic

Things You'd like to bring back to our game.

2 minutes ago, St Reatham said:

A proper magazine show, without a daft name (i.e. Boots n All).

Tony Rea's tactical overview towards the end of boots n all was probably the best bit of RL coverage in my lifetime. The only thing that didnt treat the viewer like it was the first time they had seen the game, a much longer and more in depth version of the good stuff that Jon Wells does

• Like 1

It's been a long time, but if like to bring back winning fekin games for Widnes, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Charity Shield - Staged somewhere like Coventry or Newcastle - Super League winners v Challnge Cup winners (or finalists if someonevdoes the double)

• Like 2

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Bulls v Rhinos derbies in Super League. :)

Them were t'days.

Get promoted John and they could return next year ...

• Haha 3

A Challenge Cup where there isn't two months between rounds.

3pm kick offs finishing before 5pm.

Games kicking off on time, not at 5 past because the teams came out bang on 3 and are doing a minute's silence/posing for a picture. Not sure if it is widespread but in Swinton's case we never seem to kick off on time.

Top SL clubs having several genuine star players. 

Playing the ball to yourself.

14 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

A 9's series, a merger of the NRL and SL, Proper RL jerseys, better beer at stadiums, a better match day experience, a european cup for the lower leagues, more internationals, a heritage round, a later start to the season, a concerted effort and financial backing to make sure every team sells out at least once a year and probably a million other things

As Scotchy mentioned - proper traditional RL jerseys - preferably with no adverts on - or at least a limit of one or two.

Follow Wakefields example - for the clubs who currently have a cartoon badge (e.g. Keighley, Batley etc..), bring back your traditional club badge (or a modern version of it) - much more classy in my opinion.

15 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Shoulder charge is an odd one. I like it, i want it back but i can see why it was banned.

Personally im of the opinion that the shoulder charge should be allowed BUT contact with the head has to be a straight red no questions asked. Its translating that in to practice that might cause an issue because its often more luck than judgement and it will result in some borderline decisions that might make it more trouble than its worth.

You are not allowed to impact with the head, fist, elbow, forearm, knee, shin or foot, so why the shoulder? A craftless activity which requires not much more than being big enough to stand there. How about stopping the opposition with a good leg tackle, instead.

• Like 1

Just now, Cerulean said:

You are not allowed to impact with the head, fist, elbow, forearm, knee, shin or foot, so why the shoulder? A craftless activity which requires not much more than being big enough to stand there. How about stopping the opposition with a good leg tackle, instead.

Its not as exciting to watch

Changing ends at half time

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:27 PM, scotchy1 said:

A 9's series, a merger of the NRL and SL, Proper RL jerseys, better beer at stadiums, a better match day experience, a european cup for the lower leagues, more internationals, a heritage round, a later start to the season, a concerted effort and financial backing to make sure every team sells out at least once a year and probably a million other things

How many of those things were there previously? If they weren’t then you can’t bring them back scotchy. You’d be rubbish on Room 101.?

rldfsignature.jpg

47 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

How many of those things were there previously? If they weren’t then you can’t bring them back scotchy. You’d be rubbish on Room 101.?

Pretty much all of them in one form or another. Just not maybe with the commitment or to the level we would want