Swinton H

Wakefield Ram

Good game to start with Swinton at home,win it we go 7pts ahead of them meaning they need to win 4 out of 6 and us to lose all our games for them to overtake us,I can’t see that happening. Hopefully we’ll have a few players back for this game,Moore,Sheriffe,Morton,Potts,is Hallett over is suspension yet?i don’t think Worrincy is far off before he’s back. I reckon us by 10.

The players have been given a week off to rest and recover. I guess that this also applies to members of this forum, just to let the bruising go down.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Right, I've had my rest and a rub down and am ready for the fray once more.

This is a really key game for us, and even more so for Swinton, so they might be under more pressure than we are. Looking clinically at the table if we were to win and Barrow beat Rochdale then the two bottom clubs would really have no way back, other than real long-shots. I'm sure that the coaching staff will have prepared the team well and they will be focussed upon the job in hnd.

We should win this, no question; whether we will is another matter but we are in good form at present so:

Rams 28 - 16 Lions

Att 775

FTS: Brown

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Minefield of a game.. Which the team who turns up and wants it more will win. 

It's to be played like a cup final

No petrol left in the tank

No quarter given

And nothing left in the changing room

They turned us over pretty convincingly last season.. It's not to happen this season.. Or else, our destiny is in our hands... 

Let's keep it that way

Ram's by 7

Att 721

MOM Glover 

You'll be OK even with the Wigin lads they weren't that good. Dewsbury 36 Swinton 14

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A few of the lads have taken advantage of Neil giving them the week off training by going away with their families,mates etc so hopefully they will come back refreshed and ready to go. This won’t be a easy game as they never are against Swinton,as long as we don’t get drawn into the grubby tactics we’ll be alright. I’ll go.

Rams 28 Swinton 16,

fts James Glover.

mom Paul Sykes.

att 741

20 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You'll be OK even with the Wigin lads they weren't that good. Dewsbury 36 Swinton 14

It's that tyson.. He's a man posessed

Only thing missing is the head spinning around exorcist style, 

We gotta win

Simple

This will be tough and not just because Tyson and Barlow (assuming the latter is not suspended!) will make life hot; we are realistically one of their must win games so it won’t be pretty to watch but if we play well, keep our heads when they get frustrated and try the rough stuff and show our support from the stands I am sure we will prevail, by 10 points.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Gareth Moore’s back on Sunday.

Personally I wouldn't play him

He's nailed his colours to the mast

And I want lads in them shirts who are doing for the shirt and not for themselves. 

One poor lad will have trained all week for twinkle toes to waltz in. 

If your picked you leave nothing in the changing room and give your all

Let's see what happens Sunday eh

15 hours ago, coolie said:

Personally I wouldn't play him

He's nailed his colours to the mast

And I want lads in them shirts who are doing for the shirt and not for themselves. 

One poor lad will have trained all week for twinkle toes to waltz in. 

If your picked you leave nothing in the changing room and give your all

Let's see what happens Sunday eh

He's been injured and has had painkilling injections in the affected foot, unless you know different on good authority that is.

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

He's been injured and has had painkilling injections in the affected foot, unless you know different on good authority that is.

Has it happens I do

I heard it from a reliable source 

It was my mates best friends sister, her uncle heard it from his auntie older sister's chap,he works in the petrol station where gaz Moore once filled up

So ner ner ner ;)

Given you said you were around 14 when McCorquadale kicked that goal in 77-78 I make that your mate’s best pal’s sister’s uncle’s auntie’s older sister’s amour must be around 103 - so now we know why Gaz is out, he’s only just finished being served at that garage by such a youthful attendant!

2 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Given you said you were around 14 when McCorquadale kicked that goal in 77-78 I make that your mate’s best pal’s sister’s uncle’s auntie’s older sister’s amour must be around 103 - so now we know why Gaz is out, he’s only just finished being served at that garage by such a youthful attendant!

It's his birthday on the 23rd,but he's certainly the oldest swinger in town ;)

Maybe because Ryder and Glover have been playing well lately. No Day or Crowther either.

Squad:

Brown,

Delaney,

Everett,

Glover,

Guzdek,

Igbinedion,

Knowles,

Moore,

Morton,

Potts,

Richardson,

Ryder,

Sheriffe,

Speakman,

Sykes,

Teanby,

Trout,

Walshaw,

Ward

23 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe because Ryder and Glover have been playing well lately. No Day or Crowther either.

Squad:

Brown,

Delaney,

Everett,

Glover,

Guzdek,

Igbinedion,

Knowles,

Moore,

Morton,

Potts,

Richardson,

Ryder,

Sheriffe,

Speakman,

Sykes,

Teanby,

Trout,

Walshaw,

Ward

With that selection we should be good for the win. 

Dewsbury 32-18 Swinton

FTS: Brown

MoM: Igbinedion

Att: 702

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:41 PM, coolie said:

Has it happens I do

I heard it from a reliable source 

It was my mates best friends sister, her uncle heard it from his auntie older sister's chap,he works in the petrol station where gaz Moore once filled up

So ner ner ner ;)

Thats a total fabrication Coolie. His aunties older sisters chap ran off with the milk woman last season??????

Archived