Swinton H

Wakefield Ram

Great result - well done the boys.

And to be honest think we can play a lot better on attack. Defence was very good, 1 try in 80 mins and a solid defence across the park. Kept our composure and discipline in the face of high shots, laying on and niggling. Good to see Barlow sinbinned.

Good to see Moore back but he'll need a game or two to get fully match sharp. Took another late hit off the ball. 

Roll on next week and a chance to move above Batley. 

Well that scoreline does not tell the story does it rams?

Thankfully our old friend Josh Barlow came on Effing and jeffing to get us out of the mess we were in the first half.

Along with Tyson ,swinton completely lost the plot in the second half.

Adam Ryder has been outstanding since he started at the rams.Easily man of match for us.

So many terrible errors , but we won,which was vital.

14 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Thankfully our old friend Josh Barlow came on Effing and jeffing to get us out of the mess we were in the first half.

Adam Ryder has been outstanding since he started at the rams.Easily man of match for us.

Agree, there's plenty of improvement but a comprehensive win. Imagine what the score would have been if we'd played well for 80 minutes?

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Some errors yes, but this was a mid-table Championship side playing against one destined for relegation, and the difference showed. I think the coaching staff did a good job at half time as we came out with a completely different approach and mindset, bags of spirit and a refusal to get drawn into the niggle.

I really can't understand Barlow - he is a quality player yet gets sin-binned and sent off regularly, he must actually be a liability on balance. That ten minute period where he was off was when they lost the game, not particularly because of conceding points but because they had to put a massive effort into defending 12 vs 13 and they were shot after that.

This result should now see us safe and able to look up rather than down. We are currently 4th and, if we were to win next week (big if!!) then we would go to 3rd. This all means slightly more money for next season. Add that to the massive amount that we are gathering from "the Faithful" (you have all contributed I trust) and it boosts the budget just that little bit for another exciting season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some errors yes, but this was a mid-table Championship side playing against one destined for relegation, and the difference showed. I think the coaching staff did a good job at half time as we came out with a completely different approach and mindset, bags of spirit and a refusal to get drawn into the niggle.

I really can't understand Barlow - he is a quality player yet gets sin-binned and sent off regularly, he must actually be a liability on balance. That ten minute period where he was off was when they lost the game, not particularly because of conceding points but because they had to put a massive effort into defending 12 vs 13 and they were shot after that.

This result should now see us safe and able to look up rather than down. We are currently 4th and, if we were to win next week (big if!!) then we would go to 3rd. This all means slightly more money for next season. Add that to the massive amount that we are gathering from "the Faithful" (you have all contributed I trust) and it boosts the budget just that little bit for another exciting season.

I think 3rd and 4th get the same. Amounts were certainly 'paired' when this system was introduced: both shield finalists, 2 semi-finalists, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th, 2 promoted teams.

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Agree, there's plenty of improvement but a comprehensive win. Imagine what the score would have been if we'd played well for 80 minutes?

Think we did play for 80 mins but they didn’t.  We stopped their kicking game second half and together with their own mistakes they lost all their impetus. 

We won this one on the back of cracking defence which ultimately ground them down. 

Thank god they didn't win by  6 points. My granny would have got the try Jack T managed to bomb. 

Very satisfying victory but still a few worries- Swinton bombed a few tries earlier on and it could have been closer but we did keep our heads (nice to see the ref penalise Tyson for gobbing, Sykes please note) and a good second half. I am confident enough to say we will stay up now!

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I think 3rd and 4th get the same. Amounts were certainly 'paired' when this system was introduced: both shield finalists, 2 semi-finalists, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th, 2 promoted teams.

You're probably right LTS, although the system and distribution are decidedly opaque. I contacted the RFL last year for clarification and got the promise that someone would get back to me. Guess what?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

You're probably right LTS, although the system and distribution are decidedly opaque. I contacted the RFL last year for clarification and got the promise that someone would get back to me. Guess what?

Can I have 2 goes?

How true. I don't think the full funding structure, and certainly not the actual amounts, have ever been officially published only speculated on by journalists and fans. Odd bits of information have come out through comments from club officials but it's very difficult, if not impossible, to piece together the whole story. When this structure first came out the reports only quoted figures in terms of 'around'.

10 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Very satisfying victory but still a few worries- Swinton bombed a few tries earlier on and it could have been closer but we did keep our heads (nice to see the ref penalise Tyson for gobbing, Sykes please note) and a good second half. I am confident enough to say we will stay up now!

Dan Igebindion had a try disallowed for double movement, not sure how Teanby managed not to score, Potts almost scored from a cross kick in the  first half. Gudzek bombed a chance second half by not drawing and giving to Sykes ...we had more chances to score than Swinton.

Given the win pretty much guarantees our place in the Championship next season and it was a comprehensive win thought the forum would be a bit more upbeat.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Given the win pretty much guarantees our place in the Championship next season and it was a comprehensive win thought the forum would be a bit more upbeat.

I'll do upbeat - I enjoyed the game. As expected, and as is their right, Swinton were niggly and aggressive - but the 1st half was compelling viewing and Rams did well to live with Swinton's approach. In the 2nd half we benefitted from Barlow's sin-bining - but we won by (I agree) strong defence but also by playing some good, clever and entertaining rugby league. I think we are safe. I think the team can get better. I'm looking forward to the last 6 games and a decent finishing position - as much for what it looks like as the cash it brings.

I'm upbeat and I missed the game, having to listen from afar

It's great to note that we were on song, especially second half from Ned's instructions to not get involved in our opponents' niggly way of trying to play. 

I do like a tight defence. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

19 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Da

I'm so upbeat I've even made a donation via squadgoals...but a forums no fun if we cant moan about something..

Archived