Rowe, Davey, Farrell and Crookes

TheBritishBulldog

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Right, at the risk of sounding a dodo, I'm a little confused by the approach dates for full and part-time players and whether or not this is the same or varies regarding whether they are SL players or Championship players. With regard to the now strongly believed rumour that we are to lose Day and Harrison, if they were to be going to SL, would the same date of Sept 1 apply to a club making an approach as it would for a Championship side to make an approach? If the answer is yes, then we can't really guess as to where they may be going, as if Sept 1 applies to approaches from any club, then they could in effect be moving to other Championship clubs (waste of their time and effort to me). Am I right or wrong in my assumption? If I am right, does that mean that even an approach to an agent before that date is an illegal approach? Now, certain SL clubs have already announced that they have secured the services of current part-time players i.e. Wigan with Bullock from Barrow, so that seems to negate the assumption that players who are currently part-time can't be approached until Sept 1? Tell me I've got it all wrong?

You are correct in that neither the players nor their agents can be approached, however the club can be approached where a transfer is being proposed, which is what happened with Bullock (and Briscoe from Fev, when the murk cleared).

And you don't sound like a dodo (nobody actually knows what they sounded like btw) because these rules are fairly complicated.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, phildog said:

Right, at the risk of sounding a dodo, I'm a little confused by the approach dates for full and part-time players and whether or not this is the same or varies regarding whether they are SL players or Championship players. With regard to the now strongly believed rumour that we are to lose Day and Harrison, if they were to be going to SL, would the same date of Sept 1 apply to a club making an approach as it would for a Championship side to make an approach? If the answer is yes, then we can't really guess as to where they may be going, as if Sept 1 applies to approaches from any club, then they could in effect be moving to other Championship clubs (waste of their time and effort to me). Am I right or wrong in my assumption? If I am right, does that mean that even an approach to an agent before that date is an illegal approach? Now, certain SL clubs have already announced that they have secured the services of current part-time players i.e. Wigan with Bullock from Barrow, so that seems to negate the assumption that players who are currently part-time can't be approached until Sept 1? Tell me I've got it all wrong?

The dates are determined by the nature of a player's current contract ie FT or PT, not by which level of club he either plays for or is interested in him or he in joining.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Wigan signed Joe Bullock on July 31st with the proviso he played out the rest of the season at Barrow,Wigan giving a match to Barrow and other little perks, the operative date is 31st of July so yes that date applies to all clubs SL, Championship.

The Luke Briscoe one with Leeds I'm confused about maybe Les Tonks Sidestep might enlighten you on that one.

Approaches can be made if the current contract holding club gives permission. Presumably in the case of Briscoe, Leeds asked for permission to talk to him, which was granted.

Thank you Les Tonks Sidestep, that might be the answer people are looking for, maybe an approach as been made to the club for permission to talk to players.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, RogerT said:

Thank you Les Tonks Sidestep, that might be the answer people are looking for, maybe an approach as been made to the club for permission to talk to players.

I'd add that at this time of the year once a club has actually informed a player that they will not be renewing their (or offering them a reduced) contract it would be churlish of them not to also grant permission to speak to other clubs, although within the rules (which would likely then lead to an appeal to The RFL.....).

Please PD leave Graham alone or else he might take his bat home, at least a bit of info seems to be leaking out via this channel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 1:14 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd add that at this time of the year once a club has actually informed a player that they will not be renewing their (or offering them a reduced) contract it would be churlish of them not to also grant permission to speak to other clubs, although within the rules (which would likely then lead to an appeal to The RFL.....).

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but here is a statement from Pearson, the CEO at Hull regarding the transfers.

AP: Because in rugby league players in the final year of their deal can talk to other clubs after May you have to have your players signed by May or June or they will sign for other clubs.

That might explain a few of the rumours about players leaving and deals already being done, prior to the deadline.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, graham fisher said:

Heard this morning that Faz and Crookes are off to Sheffield.

You can add Walker & Davey to the list that’s off to Sheffield ?

On 8/12/2018 at 6:20 PM, phildog said:

.....heard yet who we're getting, with that big ear of yours!!

A halfback from Lancashire,I’ll give you a clue he’s from one of the bottom 2 clubs?

Old rumour yates is our frenchy gonna hook then with leek.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

14 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but here is a statement from Pearson, the CEO at Hull regarding the transfers.

AP: Because in rugby league players in the final year of their deal can talk to other clubs after May you have to have your players signed by May or June or they will sign for other clubs.

That might explain a few of the rumours about players leaving and deals already being done, prior to the deadline.

He is talking about FT players and SL in particular. PT players cannot be approached officially until Sept 1st, although their clubs can give them permission to talk to other clubs before that date.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Rowe wanted to stay but like a few others needed to think about £££££ especially if the offer was significantly less than what they recieve already.

Coaching is chaos as kear said. Rowe has been a great player in his time and from being a grub at donny/sheff a real entertaining bulldog and a great bloke to boot. All the best rowey

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Rowey was demoted shirtwise in favour of Cropper who then lost a whole season. Rowey stepped back up to the plate and has been outstanding, can't see the wisdom of not offering him a satisfactory contract due to that exact reason. HOWEVER; due to my proclivity for being the one who get ripped more often than not, I have to say that I may be proved wrong depending on which superb front rower we bring in.....Ah hem!!

I have heard Newcastle offered him 2 or 3 times (depending on who you listen to) what he was getting this season with us. 

I have really enjoyed watching Rowe play for us, he has been immense. But he isn't getting any younger and he isn't doing anywhere near enough minutes to warrant a salary increase of 2 or 3 times what he was on to me. 

Newcastle must have some very wealthy backers. That is Rowe, Finn and Hock they have signed for next season. Although knocking on a bit, all 3 wouldn't look out of place in our division.

As a certain ex coach says the slice of cake shouldn’t be about playing or the grass isn’t always greener on the other side 

Newcastle going for broke next year if they don’t come up they’ll struggle.. I read that Lewis young is moving to SL next season big loss for them even if they sign Rowe and hock 

on too us I expect us to sign a couple of brusers for next year and big ones at that and just remember no one  is worth breaking the bank for and ruining the club kev is smart look at when ash Lindsay left for keighley 

11 hours ago, phildog said:

.....can't see the wisdom of not offering him a satisfactory contract due to that exact reason.

Wage structure, for one, if you offer him more you potentially have to pay others more.

Not being able to match another offer from a different club, and avoiding a bidding war.

His age maybe? Can he do another year at this level?

It’s difficult to comment without knowing the details. That said...I like Rowe and would liked to have kept him.

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

no one  is worth breaking the bank for and ruining the club kev is smart look at when ash Lindsay left for keighley 

Or when Byron went to owl lane for a tenner more

Archived