Odsal - Carter and Hudgell interest

Already covered ad nauseum here.

I' very much question whether either of these two actually want Odsal.   What it seems some people ARE thinking is that they are (perhaps undertstandably) firing shots at the RFL regarding the write-down of the Odsal "investment" (sic) in the RFL accounts.  And, maybe, trying to influence what happens next.  I do wish they would go take up the issue with Big Nige, since - after all - he's the one who seems to have been central to everything Bradford from the RFL side, when Chalmers had nothing to do with Bradford.

These two have never been sympathetic to Bradford, and we saw the other week Hudgell firing off at Chalmers in IMO a most unprofessional manner.  Looks like he sure hit a raw nerve somewhere?  Made Chalmers' various (IMO sometimes unwise) comments seem the epitome of diplomacy by comparison.  Hudgell made it clear what the view of him, and some other (un-named) SL club owners would be if Bradford ever had the temerity to qualify for SL on merit.

I suspect supporters of their own clubs would prefer they invest in their OWN clubs (not sure how much Carter HAS to invest, mind, given the absolute complete shambles of securing where his OWN club will be playing...) rather than try and screw the RFL and Bradford?  RL supporters are a long-suffering lot, but they are no fools.  I'm sure they will recognise petty politics being played, where it pertains?

And Wakey supporters in particular - a sound RL and totally decent constituency, even if one or two bad apples of their number have long since been removed from Bulls' fans Xmas card lists - may wish to question what on earth their owner is playing at?  Given their own (and I chuffing well sympathise, big-time) parlous stadium situation?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

33 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Already covered ad nauseum here.

I' very much question whether either of these two actually want Odsal.   What it seems some people ARE thinking is that they are (perhaps undertstandably) firing shots at the RFL regarding the write-down of the Odsal "investment" (sic) in the RFL accounts.  And, maybe, trying to influence what happens next.  I do wish they would go take up the issue with Big Nige, since - after all - he's the one who seems to have been central to everything Bradford from the RFL side, when Chalmers had nothing to do with Bradford.

These two have never been sympathetic to Bradford, and we saw the other week Hudgell firing off at Chalmers in IMO a most unprofessional manner.  Looks like he sure hit a raw nerve somewhere?  Made Chalmers' various (IMO sometimes unwise) comments seem the epitome of diplomacy by comparison.  Hudgell made it clear what the view of him, and some other (un-named) SL club owners would be if Bradford ever had the temerity to qualify for SL on merit.

I suspect supporters of their own clubs would prefer they invest in their OWN clubs (not sure how much Carter HAS to invest, mind, given the absolute complete shambles of securing where his OWN club will be playing...) rather than try and screw the RFL and Bradford?  RL supporters are a long-suffering lot, but they are no fools.  I'm sure they will recognise petty politics being played, where it pertains?

And Wakey supporters in particular - a sound RL and totally decent constituency, even if one or two bad apples of their number have long since been removed from Bulls' fans Xmas card lists - may wish to question what on earth their owner is playing at?  Given their own (and I chuffing well sympathise, big-time) parlous stadium situation?

If you express a serious interest in purchasing somewhere like Odsal I assume you can then request full account details and existing contracts/caveats etc. To that end, it can then theoretically double up as fact finding for a potential dispute further down the road?

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If you express a serious interest in purchasing somewhere like Odsal I assume you can then request full account details and existing contracts/caveats etc. To that end, it can then theoretically double up as fact finding for a potential dispute further down the road?

They are interested in buying the lease not the stadium.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Guess it depends on whether you actually submit a serious notice of interest, rather than just blab off in the media? But yes, very good point.  Watch this space for certain club owners challenging the RFL, should they announce they are looking at liquidating their "investment" now Big Nige has been defenesrated?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

They are interested in buying the lease not the stadium.

Amounts to the same thing, since the lease is a 150-year peppercorn-rent lease that is tantamount to freehold...provided whatever covenants pertain to the head lease are observed.

But they can almost certainly go whistle, since there is no way on this planet that Bradford Council would be able to assign the lease to anyone other than someone who commits to a Bradford club playing professional RL there.  Unless the site is to be sold for development, with a decent wedge going to the Council.

2 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Will the lease enable us to play there until Wakefield Community Stadium is sorted?

Up the Trin 

Makes you wonder! But would this really be a "solution" Trin supporters would want? Since, once you leave your ground you lose much of your bargainig position.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Seems Carter has enquired about buying the lease and Hudgell wants the ground.  HDM, so the truth might be somewhere in between.  Chalmers is not happy.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/bradford-bulls-chairman-ignites-hull-1864298

Just read the article, think Chalmers needs  to know the facts about our situation before spouting off, very unprofessional.

Up the Trin 

Just now, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Just read the article, think Chalmers needs  to know the facts about our situation before spouting off, very unprofessional.

Up the Trin 

Don't think ANY of the club owners involved have exactly covered thewmselves in glory over this politicking?

35 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Makes you wonder! But would this really be a "solution" Trin supporters would want? Since, once you leave your ground you lose much of your bargainig position.

If it goes to judicial review regarding the councils handling or lack of it of the community stadium 106 agreement which is a strong possibility.  It could be a good option then sell the lease if the Wakefield Community Stadium which was promised gets built.

Up the Trin 

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

If it goes to judicial review regarding the councils handling or lack of it of the community stadium 106 agreement which is a strong possibility.  It could be a good option then sell the lease if the Wakefield Community Stadium which was promised gets built.

Up the Trin 

It won’t be going to a judicial review i can promise you that. 

Someone,somehow needs to redevelope Odsal - as it stands,it is nowhere near adequate for top class,professional sport.

Frankly,I fear it is not financially viable.

I would love to see Bradford back in SL but not playing at an embarrassment of a ground,which would further harm the already poor perception/image of rugby league.

13 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Well Belle Vue is not for sale for starters hasn’t been for a couple of years. 

Up the Trin 

True, but it was until quite recently

11 hours ago, Damien said:

Maybe Carter should have just bought Belle Vue back instead of looking at leases in a different city. 

Why any club would deliberately choose not to buy and then own their own ground is mind boggling, especially given the history of their supposed new builds... 

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

True, but it was until quite recently

Why any club would deliberately choose not to buy and then own their own ground is mind boggling, especially given the history of their supposed new builds... 

You should ask Sir Rodney Walker why the club didn't bid for the ground.

14 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Will the lease enable us to play there until Wakefield Community Stadium is sorted?

Up the Trin 

I don't think any of us can see 100 years into the future.

People called Romans they go the house

Many people may not realise how big Bradford Council's Odsal "estate" is if the Richard Dunn Centre is included (it certainly used to be):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Odsal+Stadium/@53.7658427,-1.7593887,477m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487be72b44ab1607:0x53f725fa7c13db91!8m2!3d53.762672!4d-1.76072?hl=en

Beyond that, there are two major areas of "flat" open grassland to the south and southwest ... both owned by the council.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived