Hands off Cresta

Bearman

Come on Ron, don't troll. 

I think it's great news about another local legend joining the project and I agree Michael, Cresta couldn't go anywhere else. He's Barrow through and through.

17 hours ago, Ellie10 said:

Only after some fool drove/sacked “whatever he would like to call it, after one of his ego trips “  him.  

Good point Ellie10.Yet he still came back. Which rather proves my point.

He's going nowhere. Topic closed.

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

I t seems that Keiron Purtill, Leigh Coach, has left and gone to Warrington!

Of course the subtext is that Leigh are unloading anyone on existing contracts in order to bring in new guys on less money.

With Cresta running a successful business in Dalton, IF he were to consider taking the reins at Leigh he wouldnt come cheap and that wouldnt fit in with the austerity regimen that Leigh HAVE to impose.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

6 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Of course the subtext is that Leigh are unloading anyone on existing contracts in order to bring in new guys on less money.

With Cresta running a successful business in Dalton, IF he were to consider taking the reins at Leigh he wouldnt come cheap and that wouldnt fit in with the austerity regimen that Leigh HAVE to impose.

Hope so Ron!

12 hours ago, steve75 said:

I t seems that Keiron Purtill, Leigh Coach, has left and gone to Warrington!

He's not. KP is 'out of contract' at the end of the season, and he said in the Leigh Journal that he is 'flattered' to be linked with them, nothing more. Wire already have Andrew Henderson, Lee Briers & Jon Clarke as assistant's, so unless one of them is leaving (it won't be Lee Briers) there is no story to tell. And like I have said previously, we currently have no owner for 2019.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, Michael Ashton said:

There are loads of rumours on Face Book about Paul going to Leigh as coach.

Put there from a 'reliable source' The whole thing was scotched by Steve Neale. Rugby League press has been carrying rumours. All FAKE NEWS.

I believe that Facebook posting was from one of our better wind-up merchants at Leigh!

Fact is we have nobody in a position to offer anyone contracts for next season, until we get our current mess sorted out. Depending on how we sort it out, we will know which league we are in. (liquidation would mean League 1 for instance)

Paul Crarey is an excellent coach, and I would be pleased to see him at Leigh, although I would be more than happy for Kieron Purtill to get the job - only two defeats in our final 17 Championship games, both against Toronto, speaks volumes for him. Ironically, since most of our 'superstars' have left, we have had two nigh-on faultless performances against Sheffield.

I'm sure Paul wouldn't currently touch our job with a barge pole, and I can't see him leaving you in a hurry!

Archived