Qualifiers away games

RobertAM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ojx said:

Thanks, I hope this is for real. I haven't seen any information about a viewing party at 3 Brewers yet.

Told ya a phone call was made, or a decision was made, yesterday!  I think its for real.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Told ya a phone call was made, or a decision was made, yesterday!  I think its for real.

I'm only a little suspicious because CBC have all of the 8s games listed for streaming. This includes the ones covered by SKY, surely CBC wouldn't have the rights if SportsNet had them.

32 minutes ago, ojx said:

I'm only a little suspicious because CBC have all of the 8s games listed for streaming. This includes the ones covered by SKY, surely CBC wouldn't have the rights if SportsNet had them.

I think it just might be Premier!, just maybe?...but don't hold me to it because I can't  provide the exact actual cost and all the figures like with the TWP clothing sales on that other thread....what odds are you giving me that it won't be Premier?

I feel like premier will provide the coverage, and sky is buying the feed, with potentially sky paying extra for premier to only show it on repeat?

I mean if I was sky that's what I would do.

Just now, TboneFromTO said:

I feel like premier will provide the coverage, and sky is buying the feed, with potentially sky paying extra for premier to only show it on repeat?

I mean if I was sky that's what I would do.

Who owns Sky?

2 hours ago, ojx said:

I'm a bit skeptical about this too.  It's not like the CBC hasn't been wrong or lied to us about things before. 

You'd think the team would put out an official announcement by now.

These are the big leagues, aren't they?

5 minutes ago, timmysauce said:

These are the big leagues, aren't they?

Well technically it's the league before the big leagues...

But your right. The pack should make an announcement about it!

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

And what nationality is he?

Australian but got US citizenship for business reasons. One of his boys, Lachlan, used to be the Brisbane Broncos number 1 ticket holder.

They are very familiar with rugby league.

He also has a house a short drive from my place. Sometimes he has open days where locals can check out his garden but I have never been.

7 minutes ago, Copa said:

Australian but got US citizenship for business reasons. One of his boys, Lachlan, used to be the Brisbane Broncos number 1 ticket holder.

They are very familiar with rugby league.

He also has a house a short drive from my place. Sometimes he has open days where locals can check out his garden but I have never been.

Ok., so one Australian billionaire, who owns a rugby team in Toronto and wants his game in England televised,  calls another Australian billionaire , who owns Sky.  In shortened form the conversation probably goes something like this:

Argyle: "Good Day Rupert....I was wondering if you could try to get the TWP game televised, it would be a personal favor to me."

Murdoch: "I'll look into and see what I can do for you David.  Leave it with me."

Argyle: "Thanks."

Thats how deals are done at that level.  And note that no deal has been done and no closed guarantee given just "leave it with me", it will probably happen but still might not...but I've been told by some on here I don't know anything about these things and the contracts, wording of them, limited partnerships etc., etc., etc, blah, blah, blah...all the accountants and lawyers come in later...puppets in a shell game.  

I have always assumed the game would probably be televised , but you never know there could have been some huge obstacle.  But the way that I presented it is what PROBABLY happened....but we will never know...thats why they do it the way that I have presented....that is how it is done.   Favor given...favor owed.

54 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ok., so one Australian billionaire, who owns a rugby team in Toronto and wants his game in England televised,  calls another Australian billionaire , who owns Sky.  In shortened form the conversation probably goes something like this:

Argyle: "Good Day Rupert....I was wondering if you could try to get the TWP game televised, it would be a personal favor to me."

Murdoch: "I'll look into and see what I can do for you David.  Leave it with me."

Argyle: "Thanks."

I never realised you had such astute knowledge of the business world Kman.

rldfsignature.jpg

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I never realised you had such astute knowledge of the business world Kman.

Sometimes things are not always as they appear....but I've been told on here I know nothing of theses matters and the accounting figures and the limited liability contracts and the Class A and then subsequent B and further C series.  Nope...nothing at all.

They don't even know enough to know that they don't even know....comical in a way.

There are four types of men in this world: 1. The man who knows, and knows that he knows; he is wise, so consult him. 2. The man who knows, but doesn't know that he knows; help him not forget what he knows. 3. The man who knows not, and knows that he knows not; teach him. 4. Finally, there is the man who knows not but pretends that he knows; he is a fool, so avoid him.
Solomon Ibn Gabirol

1 hour ago, Lamport Life said:

No broadcast on CBC Sunday; likely just an intern who mistakenly posted the full schedule as a broadcast schedule. I confirmed with a member of the Wolfpack front office.

Don't blame the intern, it was also posted on another forum site (which we won't name) in their official fixture list as "TV"...so something must have been sent out to multiple sources incorrectly....leave that poor Wolfpack Club Intern out of this...she has enough trouble keeping that purple hair dye going!

20 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Don't blame the intern, it was also posted on another forum site (which we won't name) in their official fixture list as "TV"...so something must have been sent out to multiple sources incorrectly....leave that poor Wolfpack Club Intern out of this...she has enough trouble keeping that purple hair dye going!

Nothing to do with anyone at the Wolfpack. I was referring to CBC.

Archived