squad 2019

ramsfandan

guzdek - keep  

morton - already signed 

potts - keep for backup 

worrincy - 50/50 as hes been injured and cant play every game due to work commitments 

hallett - 50/50 

ryder - already signed 

glover - think he will leave would keep if we could

walshaw - keep 

sykes - upto him whether he fancies another year would defo keep if so 

moore - release 

heckford - send back to wigan havent seen much but kelly must not rate him 

ansell - release 

spicer - think he will retire been a great servant for us 

trout - 50/50 seems to have improved lately before it would of been release 

teanby - keep 

everett - probably release 

knowles - keep 

brown - keep 

speakman -keep most improved player this season and can cover hooker and halfback 

day -keep 

ward - keep

igbenedion - keep needs to improve discipline though 

reilly - keep ive liked what ive seen in few games ive seen him play 

hayes - havent seen much so cant comment really 

crowther - will probably have season with newcastle next year 

sheriffe - already signed

possible targets depending on money and availability. a good half back thacks maybe brough..... he wanted to finish with us...... we can dream. couple big props alex rowe and james brown will do from our nearest and dearest ;) 

11 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

guzdek - keep  

morton - already signed 

potts - keep for backup 

worrincy - 50/50 as hes been injured and cant play every game due to work commitments 

hallett - 50/50 

ryder - already signed 

glover - think he will leave would keep if we could

walshaw - keep 

sykes - upto him whether he fancies another year would defo keep if so 

moore - release 

heckford - send back to wigan havent seen much but kelly must not rate him 

ansell - release 

spicer - think he will retire been a great servant for us 

trout - 50/50 seems to have improved lately before it would of been release 

teanby - keep 

everett - probably release 

knowles - keep 

brown - keep 

speakman -keep most improved player this season and can cover hooker and halfback 

day -keep 

ward - keep

igbenedion - keep needs to improve discipline though 

reilly - keep ive liked what ive seen in few games ive seen him play 

hayes - havent seen much so cant comment really 

crowther - will probably have season with newcastle next year 

sheriffe - already signed

possible targets depending on money and availability. a good half back thacks maybe brough..... he wanted to finish with us...... we can dream. couple big props alex rowe and james brown will do from our nearest and dearest ;) 

Get prepared to be disappointed Dan.

I reckon majority of the players will be gone end of season, massive rebuild ready for next season.

I have mentioned this before I think without some injection of real quality esp in the forwards you could be heading South next season. Sheffield always get away with it and I think Barrow don't have the money if rumours are true which puts you lot in pole position...

Of course we could be very close to it too!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Technically I believe Moore is still under contract for next season!!  .... if he plays great!! if he doesn't he will just be a drain on our budget!!   .... I wonder if he has a release clause!!  ... I doubt given his record this season anyone will pay a transfer fee for him! .... its a real shame he is a class act at this level.  I think this season squad was good enough to finish 7th if we had had consistency and quality in the halves!

Thankfully none of the players ever read this forum (it's a secret, you see), otherwise they might be less motivated to perform for our rapturous fans if they did happen upon reading these opinions on their worth.

Personally, i would keep my opinions to myself until the season is out.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

59 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I have mentioned this before I think without some injection of real quality esp in the forwards you could be heading South next season. Sheffield always get away with it and I think Barrow don't have the money if rumours are true which puts you lot in pole position...

Of course we could be very close to it too!

I don't fancy moving to Chickenley, but Bretton is quite nice...............................or did you have somewhere else in mind PM?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Get prepared to be disappointed Dan.

I reckon majority of the players will be gone end of season, massive rebuild ready for next season.

Out of all the squad, I would be most disappointed to see Guzdek, Glover, Teanby, Brown and Speakman leave.

Would be even worse if one of these players left to go over to the dark side and join the Bulldogs.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thankfully none of the players ever read this forum (it's a secret, you see), otherwise they might be less motivated to perform for our rapturous fans if they did upon reading these opinions on their worth.

Personally, i would keep my opinions to myself until the season is out.

couldnt care is it not wqhat forum is about no having an opinion and chickenleys spot on too ? my area wouldnt prefer to live anywhere else in dewsbury maybe earlsheaton and hanging heaton

On 8/7/2018 at 12:23 PM, ramsfandan said:

couldnt care is it not wqhat forum is about no having an opinion and chickenleys spot on too ? my area wouldnt prefer to live anywhere else in dewsbury maybe earlsheaton and hanging heaton

Earlsheaton is going to be renamed shortly to Coulsonville ;)

It's one of the few area's in Dewsbury that's not been contaminated :)

Archived