Goalkickers

Crown Flatter

4. Nigel Stephenson

6. Chris Wilkinson

7. Barry Eaton

13. Greg Pearce

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 - Nathan Graham

3 - Marquis Charles

9 - Kobus van Deventer

13  - Les Holliday

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Terry Laybourn is another winger who kicked goals in the early 90s.

Struggling to think of any goalkicking props or second rows although I'm sure I remember Shayne Williams booting a couple of goals for the reserves... and a dropout under the sticks which went under the sticks at the other end of the ground.

Didn't Tim Fourie, the Saffa forward, kick the odd goal?

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Struggling to think of any goalkicking props or second rows although I'm sure I remember Shayne Williams booting a couple of goals for the reserves... and a dropout under the sticks which went under the sticks at the other end of the ground.

Didn’t James Walker kick the odd goal?

On 8/7/2018 at 8:02 AM, Crown Flatter said:

In this hiatus between games, let's see if this topic attracts a response.

Can you pick a team of goal kickers 1-13,

e.g. 1 Jimmy Ledgard, 2 Shaun Dunford, 5 Jeff Yowerd, 8 Ron Hill.

The great Johnny Wolford kicked them for Bramley, so I'd guess he kicked a few for us.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, Blind side johnny said:

4. Nigel Stephenson

6. Chris Wilkinson

7. Barry Eaton

13. Greg Pearce

Way to young to remember half of these guys on the various posts but were any of them better than Barry Eaton?  Hard to believe so.  

Greg Pierce. Liam Finn and Chris Wilkinson went half bad either.  Surely these are the top four?

7 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

The great Johnny Wolford kicked them for Bramley, so I'd guess he kicked a few for us.

I don't think he did Grumpy, wasn't Dunford our kicker in those days?

12 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Didn't Steve Hankins kick a couple and I do recall Kevin Crouthers kicking a pretty nifty drop goal once.

He hasn't done it for us yet but I also believe that Michael Knowles can kick a bit.

I also remember Steve Hankins having a go when Dick Lowe  or Nigel Stephenson weren't there .....  I remember they hardly got off the ground but a couple did creep over!! I also never saw Ledgard .... doubt if many of us did ...his last game was 1961  ......  I started in 64 and seem to think Bob Hirst was our full back .....  he used to take the long range penalties I remember him banging them over from the oppositions half!

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't think he did Grumpy, wasn't Dunford our kicker in those days?

Well you are probably right BSJ, but believe it or not, information about JW's contribution to Dewsbury is none existent on the tinternet, but there is a little info about his exploits for Bramley (Bramley v Widnes in the floodlit trophy). Can't say I'm right, but he might well have kicked the odd one.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Well you are probably right BSJ, but believe it or not, information about JW's contribution to Dewsbury is none existent on the tinternet, but there is a little info about his exploits for Bramley (Bramley v Widnes in the floodlit trophy). Can't say I'm right, but he might well have kicked the odd one.

You do know what John Wolford's nickname was, don't you?

I can't find much actual detail of his time with us but I do know that in his last season (1980-81) he played 17 time and kicked one drop goal. The goal kickers that year were Shaun Dunford and Malcolm Agar, the latter of whom was, I believe our kicker in the previous seasons.

Earlier on, of course, Phil Artis was an occasional goal kicker, playing in the 2nd row.

14 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

You know you're old when you've seen all these players except Jimmy Ledgard....yes think Steve Hankins did kick a few 

You know you're old when you DID see Jimmy Ledgard play!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You do know what John Wolford's nickname was, don't you?

I can't find much actual detail of his time with us but I do know that in his last season (1980-81) he played 17 time and kicked one drop goal. The goal kickers that year were Shaun Dunford and Malcolm Agar, the latter of whom was, I believe our kicker in the previous seasons.

Earlier on, of course, Phil Artis was an occasional goal kicker, playing in the 2nd row.

I believe he collared the nickname after reading one of your posts BSJ. :rolleyes:

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived