Featherstone v Batley

RogerT

Be another bore fest. But it is our house so compelled to go

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I mentioned Bullock it wasn't common knowledge about him going to Wigan. However, I can only go on the evidence of what I see, and what I see is players who haven't taken to the new coach, whoever rubbed who up the wrong way is by the by, 2 seasons have gone bum up, players staying away, even such as Crookes who was brought in by the coach is being let go after the effort he's put in during this difficult season, mostly out of position!! Yes I may be living in fantasy land, thinking of who the club could be approaching, but there are unfortunately many more than me living in a reverse fantasy land where the garden is full of blooming roses. When some of you who continually take me to task have been supporting the club through some thin and thinner times since '61, then you can accuse me of whatever you like. Otherwise, be assured that I say what I do all in good faith and unending hope. I just hope we don't have to endure the current situation too long.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

When I mentioned Bullock it wasn't common knowledge about him going to Wigan. However, I can only go on the evidence of what I see, and what I see is players who haven't taken to the new coach, whoever rubbed who up the wrong way is by the by, 2 seasons have gone bum up, players staying away, even such as Crookes who was brought in by the coach is being let go after the effort he's put in during this difficult season, mostly out of position!! Yes I may be living in fantasy land, thinking of who the club could be approaching, but there are unfortunately many more than me living in a reverse fantasy land where the garden is full of blooming roses. When some of you who continually take me to task have been supporting the club through some thin and thinner times since '61, then you can accuse me of whatever you like. Otherwise, be assured that I say what I do all in good faith and unending hope. I just hope we don't have to endure the current situation too long.

Not having a go Phil, but have you ever posted anything positive about the club? I may have missed it if you have, but I simply do not understand why some of the posters, like you "support" a club that can seemingly do nothing right in your eyes. I mean, why go at all, if you are so unhappy? 

Genuine question, What do you think sets us apart from the other traditional clubs, that makes you think we should be in a better position than the likes of Hunslet, Keighley, Doncaster, Dewsbury, Swinton, Rochdale, Oldham, Workington, Barrow, York and Whitehaven? In terms support, we are all in a similar boat give or take a couple of hundred. For the last few years we have been consistently the best performing of all of these clubs, yet you are still not happy.

For the last 10 years plus, we have consistently been fighting above our weight, mixing it with the likes of Bradford and Leighs of this world. They have many times the money and fan base that we have. It is a miracle that we have been able to compete with them on the field, because we certainly haven't been able to financially, Maybe if all of our 'fans' that are stopping away came to games, we might have better players?  

If we were getting 2000+ crowds and had a big financial backer throwing money in, I would agree with you, we should be competing with some of the big boys. Fact is, we haven't got a Beaumont or a Campbell putting thousands of pounds in, or 2000 turning up every week, that is why the traditional clubs are where they are. 

As far as I can see it, J Farrell is behind Harrison, Day, Manning, Brown and since we brought Jouffret in, I'd add Walker to the list of backrowers he is behind in the pecking order. 

Which ones of that list would you pick him in front of?

I would presume he is not very happy about being so far down the list, but the fact is we have 5 players better than him in his chosen position. Would you be happy if you found yourself going from a first choice player to 6th? Would you be happy with the coach?

If the rumours are true about I Farrell not turning up to training,  would you play him regardless?

You may have missed it, but It was reported in the League Express in May that Wigan were signing Bullock, lots of people knew it was a done deal then, it was on the Barrow or main forum too, I think? They just didn't formalise it until July. 

5 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Not having a go Phil, but have you ever posted anything positive about the club? I may have missed it if you have, but I simply do not understand why some of the posters, like you "support" a club that can seemingly do nothing right in your eyes. I mean, why go at all, if you are so unhappy? 

Genuine question, What do you think sets us apart from the other traditional clubs, that makes you think we should be in a better position than the likes of Hunslet, Keighley, Doncaster, Dewsbury, Swinton, Rochdale, Oldham, Workington, Barrow, York and Whitehaven? In terms support, we are all in a similar boat give or take a couple of hundred. For the last few years we have been consistently the best performing of all of these clubs, yet you are still not happy.

For the last 10 years plus, we have consistently been fighting above our weight, mixing it with the likes of Bradford, Leigh, Toulouse and Widnes' of this world. They have many times the money and fan base that we have. It is a miracle that we have been able to compete with them on the field, because we certainly haven't been able to financially, Maybe if all of our 'fans' that are stopping away came to games, we might have better players?  

If we were getting 2000+ crowds I would agree with you, we should be competing, but we aren't. We haven't got a Beaumont or a Campbell putting thousands of pounds in, or 2000 turning up every week.

As far as I can see it, J Farrell is behind Harrison, Day, Manning, Brown and since we brought Jouffret in, I'd add Walker to the list of backrowers he is behind in the pecking order. 

Which ones of that list would you pick him in front of?

I would presume he is not very happy about being so far down the list, but the fact is we have 5 players better than him in his chosen position. Would you be happy if you found yourself going from a first choice player to 6th? Would you be happy with the coach?

If the rumours are true about I farrell not turning up to training, then would you play him regardless?

It was reported in the League Express in May that Wigan were signing Bullock, most people new it was a done deal. They just didn't formalise it until July. 

There is some sense here.

Unfortunately we don’t know who from that list of players is moving on and who is staying.

24 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

There is some sense here.

Unfortunately we don’t know who from that list of players is moving on and who is staying.

We will soon enough, and we'll also fond out who we've signed from other teams and it will probably be swapping a couple with Dewsbury and taking a couple from Rochdale or Swinton as usual. When your on the rollercoaster you don't put your hands in the air until it eventually gets to the top!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So basically we're sacking players off and signing replacements of the same standard in an effort to continue treading water.....?? Ok, I admit defeat.

15 minutes ago, phildog said:

So basically we're sacking players off and signing replacements of the same standard in an effort to continue treading water.....?? Ok, I admit defeat.

Well you obviously know for definite who we are sacking and who we are signing.

Pray educate us mere mortals.

You know when you go on holiday and cannot afford the de luxe 5 star option; and some spend all week moaning about this and that whilst others see the sea and the sunshine. It's not that a bit of moaning does anyone any harm, it's human nature.  But those that moan all the time, however well intentioned those comments are, just kill the fun, the interest and the enthusiasm.  They don't mean to but that is how it is.

8 hours ago, phildog said:

I take it you missed the NRC final and the Grand final and not forgetting our game at Leeds Rhinos when the Leeds fans were chanting Batley and there were 15,000 there? You continually miss the point PD we all want to win but don't forget so do the opposition it's called sport. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I notice that in today's LE Diskin is quoted as saying that there will be plenty of changes in personnel with some quality being recruited this time.

I would love to hear his motivational talks.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I notice that in today's LE Diskin is quoted as saying that there will be plenty of changes in personnel with some quality being recruited this time.

I would love to hear his motivaional talks.

Brilliant isn't it? ?

They must be raring to get stuck in for him next week.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would love to hear his motivational talks.

This

20180813_162715.jpg

IMG_0583.JPG

Am I missing something in what he says in the article? 

He is probably aware of some players signing elsewhere, so plenty of changes will have to be made. Should we not replace them?

He is also saying that we are looking to bring in some quality players. By the sounds of it, some might even pass the PD seal of approval.

What is he supposed to say? 

I would be more upset, if he was saying we are losing our quality players and replacing them with players who wouldn't improve the Malt Shovels under 9's team.

Crikey 

Let's wait and see next year is his third season I expect him to have a better performance than this even if I don't necessarily expect to be higher in the table the 50 point drubbing must end for me

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Am I missing something in what he says in the article? 

He is probably aware of some players signing elsewhere, so plenty of changes will have to be made. Should we not replace them?

He is also saying that we are looking to bring in some quality players. By the sounds of it, some might even pass the PD seal of approval.

What is he supposed to say? 

I would be more upset, if he was saying we are losing our quality players and replacing them with players who wouldn't improve the Malt Shovels under 9's team.

Crikey 

Players can't sign elsewhere unti Sept 1st, unless the present club has told them that they aren't being retained.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Players can't sign elsewhere unti Sept 1st, unless the present club has told them that they aren't being retained.

Very true and I'm sure everybody is sticking to those rules and guidelines.

A bit like:-

Wakefield and Castleford completing the respective moves to new grounds, or the renovations to there existing ones to create two "Wembley's of the North".

Every team is sticking to the Salary Cap, the one that is being "closely monitored" by the RFL.

The sentences handed out by the disciplinary panel are completely impartial, they are definitely not influenced by who you are and which team you happen to play for.

What makes you think that this rule is being followed, when so many others seem to be brushed aside when it suits? 

I would be amazed, if there wasn't a myriad of "purely hypothetical" conversations taking place throughout the season between most clubs and agents.

Hands up, did miss NRC win, was living abroad, but rest was here. So what's your point? And no, I don't know who's coming in, ask a Rams fan, they seem to be in the know....

12 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Very true and I'm sure everybody is sticking to those rules and guidelines.

A bit like:-

Wakefield and Castleford completing the respective moves to new grounds, or the renovations to there existing ones to create two "Wembley's of the North".

Every team is sticking to the Salary Cap, the one that is being "closely monitored" by the RFL.

The sentences handed out by the disciplinary panel are completely impartial, they are definitely not influenced by who you are and which team you happen to play for.

What makes you think that this rule is being followed, when so many others seem to be brushed aside when it suits? 

I would be amazed, if there wasn't a myriad of "purely hypothetical" conversations taking place throughout the season between most clubs and agents.

Your mistrust and cynicism don't prove you right DF.

Which rules or guidelines are Castleford an Wakefield not sticking to?

Has KN or someone who knows about these things told you that the SC isn't being closely monitored?

Other team's coaches have been quoted in the press this week saying that they wll be approaching players other than their own after Sept 1st.

Please tell me which rules are being brushed aside when it suits.

Lazy generalisations don't constitute truth.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, Blind side johnny said:

Your mistrust and cynicism don't prove you right DF.

Which rules or guidelines are Castleford an Wakefield not sticking to?

The RFL ground standards document (Referred to in the Operational rules A2).

Has KN or someone who knows about these things told you that the SC isn't being closely monitored?

So many clubs are finding themselves in financial trouble is testament to this.

Other team's coaches have been quoted in the press this week saying that they will be approaching players other than their own after Sept 1st.

I am sure they will be and I'd also be very surprised if lots haven't been contacted prior to 1st Sept too. 

Please tell me which rules are being brushed aside when it suits.

Feeding the scrum, playing the ball with your foot/making an attempt, professional fouls, contact with the head... There's lots of others that I am sure a man of your knowledge will be aware of too.

Lazy generalisations don't constitute truth.

You are quite correct, they do not. The mere fact that so many of the RFL's operational rules have a "special dispensation clause" attached to them though, tells you that most of the rules can be ignored/brushed aside when it suits. Look at the facilities at Sheffield, that ground isn't fit for amateur rugby, never mind professional. 

?

On 8/13/2018 at 7:53 PM, Bi11 said:

Any news on Day?  It sounded like a season ending injury.

I have heard it is not as bad as they first thought. He hasn't broken his eye socket and he passed the concussion test, although it is a very deep cut under his eye and is likely to be out for a few weeks, but should be back before the end of the season.

16 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

So many clubs are finding themselves in financial trouble is testament to this.

Neither effective policing of the SC nor Clubs obeying its rules necessarily stop a club from getting into financial difficulties. eg I doubt very much that Leigh have broken any SC regulation this season. The SC is meant to be a tool to aid financial stability not a panacea.

18 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I have heard it is not as bad as they first thought. He hasn't broken his eye socket and he passed the concussion test, although it is a very deep cut under his eye and is likely to be out for a few weeks, but should be back before the end of the season.

Cheers, thank you for the info.  It's good to know that it is not as bad as the initial reports suggested.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. Where do you think that places him in the Rhinos pecking order?

I feel sorry for the lad if they are messing him about again - it isn't as if he asked for this, is it?

Notice he's been included in Leeds' squad for this weekend. Given he only played 3 games for Fev (presumably on DR) after his transfer was announced I'm not sure how the DR rules allow him to play for Leeds after playing for Fev last Sunday. Either he signed for Leeds before the announcement was made ( and therefore could have played 5 or more on DR) or Leeds may find themselves in  trouble for fielding an illegible player!

Archived