Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

12 Aug: The Betfred Championship Shield Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship Shield games here.

SUNDAY 12th AUGUST
Barrow Raiders v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm
Dewsbury Rams v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
 


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point of it, Fev and Leigh should have a double header at each others ground aggregate score wins, also same format for Swinton and Rochdale lowest aggregate score finishes bottom, let the rest have an extended holiday.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What's the point of it, Fev and Leigh should have a double header at each others ground aggregate score wins, also same format for Swinton and Rochdale lowest aggregate score finishes bottom, let the rest have an extended holiday.

Just try and enjoy the experience!

As a club, you've got to see most parts of the 8s. 


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just try and enjoy the experience!

As a club, you've got to see most parts of the 8s. 

Oh so true Wellsy, and there is no saying yet that we won't be expieriencing the delights of Championship 1 next season by starting again after going into liquidation, or maybe the year after if we go into administration and get 12 points deducted ala the Bulls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What's the point of it, Fev and Leigh should have a double header at each others ground aggregate score wins, also same format for Swinton and Rochdale lowest aggregate score finishes bottom, let the rest have an extended holiday.

Maybe some people just like watching RL. Odd, I know, but it takes all sorts, even on this forum.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

When fans of Championship clubs like Harry have views like that it's no wonder the division struggles to get the recognition it deserves.

There is prize money up for grabs which can make a big difference to playing budgets next season. And finally a series of more competitive games. I'm looking forward to it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

There is prize money up for grabs which can make a big difference to playing budgets next season. And finally a series of more competitive games. I'm looking forward to it.

Not to mention, in no particular order, players' contracts, pride and relegation....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Oh so true Wellsy, and there is no saying yet that we won't be expieriencing the delights of Championship 1 next season by starting again after going into liquidation, or maybe the year after if we go into administration and get 12 points deducted ala the Bulls.

Hang on a minute , where's all this Liquidation/administration rubbish coming from ?

Has anything been announced yet ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always want Batley to win whether there is anything at stake or not.

The team are still learning the coach's style of play and a good run would give confidence.

Having said that I thought the format of having semi finals worked much better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

When fans of Championship clubs like Harry have views like that it's no wonder the division struggles to get the recognition it deserves.

I'm looking forward to sundays game , and the ones to follow ,  I'm sort of enjoying the lack of pressure in a way , after 3/4 seasons of ' Cup Finals ' every week , only till the start of next year though , wouldnt want it continuously

And of course we have to provide our opposition with a genuine challenge as results do matter to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe some people just like watching RL. Odd, I know, but it takes all sorts, even on this forum.

In fairness to Brother Stottle I can understand why he would feel like that after the end of the season they endured at the LSV but I agree that we all enjoy or endure our dose of RL which is why we keep coming back each season- though I will be interested to see how Leigh & Feath will treat the next few games since none really matter savevfor ticking over and avoiding injury- so I expect a few rogue results.

Rochdale by 2

Dews by 10 ?

Gallant Yoths by 4?

Leigh by 8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Hang on a minute , where's all this Liquidation/administration rubbish coming from ?

Has anything been announced yet ?

No nothing has been announced yet as well you know, but please, don't insult me that those possibilities could not become actuallities, you are far to intellegent not to have considered them, and pretending they may not happen won't make them go away.

Without Mr Beaumonts input - he did state his position would become untenable and he could not carry on supporting the club should we not reap the rewards of finishing in the top 4 - or some other Financial Godperson taking over we are in a very precarious position.

Our playing roster is made up of "full time" professional player's, I believe mostley still contracted for next season, it is their chosen career, and I don't envisage they would relish being in a "part time" environment supplimenting their earings with another job, if those individuals are insistent on their contracts being honoured, and the club has no money, pray tell, what is the next step other than those I mentioned?

Please share any other solution you can think of or are privvy to, I can't see beyond nothing other than a very big wad of money rescuing the situation, one thing is certain we will find out soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit that bar an unprecedented turn around of form, for us to make up 6 points I think we're down again.

Wins for Barrow, Swinton, Featherstone, & Leigh.

Edited by Bleep1673

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All home wins.

I know it's as a result of the incredibly tight race for the top 4, but with Fev already in the final I really can't muster much enthusiasm for this weekend's game.  To be honest, if it was at Batley, I'd be more likely to go, it's a great afternoon in the sun and I'm missing their pies.

There's a mini music festival at Ponte RUFC on Sunday.  It's very unusual for me to miss a Rovers game, but I must admit I'm more tempted by a bit of Rock n Roll and a gallon of ale than I am by Fev v Batley.

 

Edited by David Shepherd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said earlier that I wouldn't be watching any of these matches, but I went to the club shop yesterday and bought tickets for all Fev home games and a £30 Wembley ticket all for £20. Bargain

Edited by Bazzer
Word missed
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`ll be at the LSV to watch the Leythers v Sheffield.Looking forward to another good performance and going on a good run until the final game.Whatever materialises in the coming months I`ll still be renewing my ST for next season.


We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite fancy Sheffield to win at Leigh.

With the Championship Plate/Shield final played at the home stadium of the highest finishing club I seem to recall reading somewhere that it costs the club more than it is worth.

I get the impression neither Leigh nor Featherstone will be 'up' for the games,enough.

Plus the lack of news regarding the opportunities for promotion - and Hudgell in the latest suggestion of 1 up and 1 down for next year, - would tend to suggest clubs are planning for next year - not the next few games.


     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Quite fancy Sheffield to win at Leigh.

With the Championship Plate/Shield final played at the home stadium of the highest finishing club I seem to recall reading somewhere that it costs the club more than it is worth.

I get the impression neither Leigh nor Featherstone will be 'up' for the games,enough.

Plus the lack of news regarding the opportunities for promotion - and Hudgell in the latest suggestion of 1 up and 1 down for next year, - would tend to suggest clubs are planning for next year - not the next few games.

In most cases players also have an eye on their next contract but at Leigh this will be moot, so you could well be right.

Hudgell's just spouting though isn't he, as usual.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Quite fancy Sheffield to win at Leigh.

With the Championship Plate/Shield final played at the home stadium of the highest finishing club I seem to recall reading somewhere that it costs the club more than it is worth.

I get the impression neither Leigh nor Featherstone will be 'up' for the games,enough.

Plus the lack of news regarding the opportunities for promotion - and Hudgell in the latest suggestion of 1 up and 1 down for next year, - would tend to suggest clubs are planning for next year - not the next few games.

Any link to Hudgell's latest? A quick search didn't come up with anything new 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Any link to Hudgell's latest? A quick search didn't come up with anything new 

  Aplogies - Just seen your post

                      https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr/hull-kr-better-equipped-for-qualifiers-despite-visa-problems-1-9291681

 


     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Thanks - nothing new there as BSJ says. I'm still awaiting Pearson's follow up as surely by now the plans should be in place for SL to 'compete' financially with RU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...