9 Aug: Qualifiers: Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Discuss all this week's games in the Super 8s Qualifiers here.

THURSDAY 9th AUGUST
Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

FRIDAY 10th AUGUST
Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils KO 8pm

SATURDAY 11th AUGUST
Leeds Rhinos v Toulouse Olympique KO 3.15pm (TV)

SUNDAY 12th AUGUST
Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be at the Shay for the fax match.  My in-laws from home (Toronto ish) are in town so there will be at least 4 twp fans there!

London by 4

Hull by 22

Leeds by 6

Toronto by 30

Widnes Vikings v London Broncos  by 8                                                              Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils by 18
Leeds Rhinos v Toulouse Olympique  by 4
Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack  by 20

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Vaivai, McGuire, Lunt, Greenwood and Tomkins named in the Hull KR 19 man squad. There will be a strong lineup on Friday.

every game is a must win for everyone so who would be resting players anyway?

Looking forward to all these games, I think:-

Widnes will be a little to strong up front for London Widnes by 12

HKR v SRD Intriguing game this, this one goes down to having home advantage for me, both teams had excelent displays last time out Hull to edge it by 6.

Leeds v TO Leeds have the personnel on the pitch to win, but are they OK between the lug holes to take the pressure, if they go behind in this game will they panic, a loss for Leeds could throw some players over the edge, mentally, a lot depends on Jonathon Ford if he plays well I think TO will do it, but I am not to sure he has the will to play if he gets targetted. Leeds by 10

Halifax v TWP, never an easy place to visit, TWP forwards were well and truly battered by Fev last week - I do not believe that any professional RL player lets themselves get humiliated on the pitch, as was suggested by some that they took it easy - Halifax were shown the way by Fev. going for an upset in this one Fax by 8.

Much more interest in this 8's than either of the other 2. 

Widnes Vikings v London Broncos  -   By 14
Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils  -   By 8
Leeds Rhinos v Toulouse Olympique  -   By 18
Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack  -   By 10

It seems that there is a strong concensus that Widnes, HKR, Leeds and Toronto will all win. I agree that they are the safe bets, but I don't believe any of them are foregone conclusions. There will be shocks.

London know that they must lay down a marker and this is their chance to do that. I think Widnes will win, but there will be some very nervous fans of theirs come game time.

Leeds really should have too much for Toulouse, but I think they are shot, mentally. Salford beat them comfortably and Warrington smashed them. If TO score first, squeeky bum time doesn't come close. Still think Leeds will win.

Fax at home are a really tough prospect. This is their chance to steal a march on the other Championship teams. Are Toronto ready for this particular battle? I think Fax will nick this one.

HKR look like the strongest of the eight, particularly with their returnees. However, Salford's pack can match theirs. The battle of the backs depends on selection. Welham is good going forward but can be exposed defensively. Hastings has transformed our back line, releasing Lui to weave his magic. It's finely balanced, but I'm going with my heart here, Salford to win by a (very!) short head.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Think this will not live up to the hype as both Broncos and TO will be rabbits in the headlights and will take a game or two to adjust to the quicker pace.....other two games will be a lot closer:

Widnes by 20

Salford by 2

Leeds by 26

Toronto by 4 

Widnes Vikings v London Broncos by 16

Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford Red Devils by 8

Leeds Rhinos v Toulouse Olympique by 8

Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack by 4

I think all of the championship clubs have one game in them against Super League opposition and for this week I am going for the cashed up TWP to be rocked by Halifax. That will put the cat amonst the pigeons on here.?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

20 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Hull by 22

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hull to edge it by 6.

:blink:

I appreciate your confidence in my team but I doubt we'll win many games in the Super 8s, let alone the bloody qualifiers.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived