Is unequal fixtures the only reason the champions are decided by a Grand Final?

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So so true Padge, and neither did they deserve to, but I was just correcting the statement that the extra game provided by the Summer Bash did not impact on the Championship League tables, it is explained in joined up writing above, simply put, even your good self should understand it.

It had just as much impact as the other games Leigh lost

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It had just as much impact as the other games Leigh lost

Of course it did, also the same for Fev, and the extra game had the reverse fortune for Tolouse and Fax.

I am not griping about it, Leigh got what they deserved, even you and your mates from Wiggin and Liverpool who said "I'm not convinced that the magic/summer bash is really enough to have an impact on a league table" should be able grasp that if the Bash did not take place the fortunes of 4 clubs would have been reversed, Simple.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, DEANO said:

It’s a knock out competition completely separate to the league. A reward for doing well

Except for the round robin stage which is home and away league structure, where you can still go on to win the Champions League or World Cup even though you didn’t finish top of your group. Same can be said for the qualifiers prior to the World Cup finals...

On 8/11/2018 at 6:14 PM, DEANO said:

Utter tosh. The best team is the one who performs the best over the course of the season not one that strings a couple of wins together at the season end. Yes they all know the rules before kick off but the rules are wrong 

I disagree wholeheartedly. Teams play their best football at the end of the season. The regular season allows opportunity to work combinations and build structures to nullify the various structures of your opponents.

You take all you have learned and if you did well enough to beat the cut, then you get to put your best against their best, to decide the rightful champion.

Of course, that’s just my opinion.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Harry Stottle said:

Have you not contradicted yourself LR?

Championship Final standings TWP 41 pts, London 33, TO 33, Halifax 33, Fev 32, Leigh 32, If the extra fixture of the bash did not take place in which TWP beat Leigh, Fax beat Fev and Tolouse beat London the final placings would be:-

TWP 39 PTS,  London 33 pts, Fev 32 pts, Leigh 32 pts,

TO 31 pts and Halifax 31 pts both miss out on the play offs

Clearly you did not engage in any research or had a complete memory loss as to the effect the Bash had in the final placings of the Championship teams.

If Leigh hadn't had such an horrendous start then they would have finished in the top 4 and the Summer Bash game wouldn't have mattered. If Featherstone hadn't lost at home to London or Leigh then they would have finished in the top 4 and the Summer Bash wouldn't have mattered.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:56 PM, Liverpool Rover said:

I'm not convinced that the magic/summer bash is really enough to have an impact on a league table. Take those games away and the tables will be the same.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

If Leigh hadn't had such an horrendous start then they would have finished in the top 4 and the Summer Bash game wouldn't have mattered. If Featherstone hadn't lost at home to London or Leigh then they would have finished in the top 4 and the Summer Bash wouldn't have mattered.

Now this may be a little hard for you to grasp, the title of the thread is asking the question did the Magic or Bash weekends have an effect on the final league placings other than each playing every other team on a straight home and away basis.

You made the statement, highlighted above again for clarity, especially Take those games away and the tables will be the same l have explained quite clearly and disproved that your conviction is totally wrong.

Also, I have conceeded on these pages and elsewhere on other threads, other platforms, in the pub and on the terraces at the LSV that Leigh's present position is of their own making, no other influences such as the fixture schedule should have impacted on Leigh finishing in the top 4 with the squad they had assembled in that division, no sour grapes from me we were dealt with a winning hand and could not cash out. So I do agree with you the rest of the season impacted greatly. 

BUT the "extra game" prooved to have an enormous impact on 4 clubs, it was the pitfall for Leigh and Fev, and the cherry on top for Halifax and Tolouse, no Bash and those teams fortunes are reversed.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, TboneFromTO said:

I always laugh when Leigh fans blame the bash ... It was the Toronto "home" game.  They got beat by Toronto at that library of a stadium that is the sports village too.

To be honest, not seen many Leigh fans blame the bash. Most of the blame has been pointed at Beaumont, Cunningham and Jukes.

Summer bash wasn't a "home" game for anyone. Not sure what you're getting at there. The game in Toronto at the end of June was the Toronto home game.

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now this may be a little hard for you to grasp, the title of the thread is asking the question did the Magic or Bash weekends have an effect on the final league placings other than each playing every other team on a straight home and away basis.

You made the statement, highlighted above again for clarity, especially Take those games away and the tables will be the same l have explained quite clearly and disproved that your conviction is totally wrong.

Also, I have conceeded on these pages and elsewhere on other threads, other platforms, in the pub and on the terraces at the LSV that Leigh's present position is of their own making, no other influences such as the fixture schedule should have impacted on Leigh finishing in the top 4 with the squad they had assembled in that division, no sour grapes from me we were dealt with a winning hand and could not cash out. So I do agree with you the rest of the season impacted greatly. 

BUT the "extra game" prooved to have an enormous impact on 4 clubs, it was the pitfall for Leigh and Fev, and the cherry on top for Halifax and Tolouse, no Bash and those teams fortunes are reversed.

Farcical when you think about it

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived