Sign in to follow this  
scotchy1

Are the Robots dead?

24 minutes ago, ojx said:

A big improvement.

Really? Just seems like a bit of a copy from the beebs animations

They've got 1000s of hours of actual RL action they could use, like most other sports have as theirs 

• Like 3

Just now, Spidey said:

They've got 1000s of hours of actual RL action they could use, like most other sports have as theirs 

Theres action in the Betfred buffer. 

Also do other sports just have a selection of clips?

metal mickey was always a liability in defence during his spell at workington

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I'm in Canada, so don't see the beeb animations. It looked good to me, but I agree, a mix of top highlights would be better.

I have to say I liked it, it's not an adverts its an intro. Most sports go with something similar.

And it is similar  the BBC animation and I think that is also a good thing. Consistency in branding is not a negative. Frankly if the RFL/SL have pushed for that consistent branding it is one of the best things they have done in years. 

I've not been able to watch it in slow motion five times from various angles but the ball seems to come from behind the try scorer which suggests that he's offside and there's also some doubt in my mind that his hand remains in contact with the ball in the act of grounding it.  What does Stuart Cummings think?  We need to know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't seen it yet - any good?

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

15 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Just seen the new titles. What is the 1873 on the big ship referring to?

Wakefield Trinity. Refers to their nickname the drednoughts and the year they were formed 1873 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I haven't seen it yet - any good?

I like it. Lots going on to keep it interesting.

Bit of a rip-off of the Beeb (ie animated rugby giants), but pretty good.

43 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I like it. Lots going on to keep it interesting.

Bit of a rip-off of the Beeb (ie animated rugby giants), but pretty good.

I'll try and catch a glimpse of it today, then.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Utter rubbish - bring back Super Leagues Iron Man clones

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

the robots were pretty ###### but the cartoon version of this is just as bad, ffs they have the number 10 attempting a drop goal! simply using highlights of SL players, past, present and future both on Sky and BBC with some appetising rock music from aspiring British bands should get people pumped to watch RL. The robots and the number 10 attempting a drop goal makes no sense. 

10 hours ago, gnidir said:

Is it just me who noticed the number 10 kicks the ball?

Surely the prop forwards union should have been consulted on this! ;)

Lee Crooks?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Lee Crooks?

More likely the animation team are used to RU and the number 10 would be the one going for a DG ?

Shall we have a sweepstake on how soon we see a "Bring back the Robots" thread on here?

• Haha 1