10 Aug: Super 8s: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/18 at 18:45

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think the boats sailed on that one, if Old Spitefull hadn't realised how pathetic he has sounded all season he must by now.

Still in his keep net, I see.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

...or superb game management. 2 points on the board, ball back and use up last couple of minutes of sin bin :)

51 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

...or superb game management. 2 points on the board, ball back and use up last couple of minutes of sin bin :)

Such an astute observation it was worth repeating.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think the boats sailed on that one, if Old Spitefull hadn't realised how pathetic he has sounded all season he must by now.

Absolutely.

I now realise how pathetic I've been.

On the "Pathetic Scale" ranging from 1 to ten I'm probably hovering around the 1 mark. I'm gauging this against a maximum score achieved by your good self on the same scale for trying to make fun of someone's user name.

Well done.

7 hours ago, Ullman said:

Cheer up, mate. It's a glorious morning and Rovers are bottom of the Qualifiers.

And Hull have 6 more matches to wallow in misery over their phantom terrible injury problems while Rovers can look forward to at least 6 more challenging and meaningful games. Trips to Toronto, Leeds and Toulouse give me something to look forward to every week and 3 more weekends away in Hull make an old man positively a fan of RL.

We might even get some injuries to allow us some woe is me.

11 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

And Hull have 6 more matches to wallow in misery over their phantom terrible injury problems while Rovers can look forward to at least 6 more challenging and meaningful games. Trips to Toronto, Leeds and Toulouse give me something to look forward to every week and 3 more weekends away in Hull make an old man positively a fan of RL.

masochism
ˈmasəkɪz(ə)m/
noun

1. (in general use) the enjoyment of an activity that appears to be painful or tedious.

16 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

So you would rather be left with 6 games struggling against relegation than safe? Strange indeed.

16 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

That makes two of us.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 hours ago, Eleftherios said:

So you would rather be left with 6 games struggling against relegation than safe? Strange indeed.

I am pragmatic and I want to be entertained,not short-changed 7 games short of the season. We cannot all expect to be Super super League teams, life is a struggle sometimes.

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

I am pragmatic and I want to be entertained,not short-changed 7 games short of the season. We cannot all expect to be Super super League teams, life is a struggle sometimes.

The 2016 MPG was superb entertainment so you must have been euphoric when that reached it's climax.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:50 PM, stevereed100 said:

As a matter of interest does anybody in 'Hull' actually stay in the city in the season and savour KR one week and cheer on FC the next? Saves on the transport...

As an aside my regular crew had nothing to do (many years ago) when Wigan had a week off, and we went to watch Saints and Leeds. It was a belter, it certainty beat cage boxing. 

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

As a matter of interest does anybody in 'Hull' actually stay in the city in the season and savour KR one week and cheer on FC the next? Saves on the transport...

As an aside my regular crew had nothing to do (many years ago) when Wigan had a week off, and we went to watch Saints and Leeds. It was a belter, it certainty beat cage boxing. 

Don't be bloody ridiculous.

Shows the difference between the true derby and the plastic one.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:45 PM, Old Frightful said:

Don't be bloody ridiculous.

Shows the difference between the true derby and the plastic one.

To be fair, if the clubs offered a season ticket where I could watch both (and proceeds went mainly to your club of choice, and you got to watch from the away end at the other ground) I'd be tempted.

What's not to like? You get to watch more rugby league and boo your rivals every week!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

25 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

This thread is dragging on a bit,i take it all is not well on the Hull F.C. ship.Never mind you have two Wembley cup final wins in the locker although it did take generations to achieve.

When you lose 5 on the bounce (and the Widnes game was too close for comfort and this includes a thrashing) all "will not be well" and I have noticed a few grumblings around me. That said I aren't panicking but we do need a change of fortunes. As a glass half full sort I do think the injuries of the season has caught up with us and yes we have players back but suspect a bit rushed originally and not back to match fitness. We could do with a couple of wins before the end of the year to start next season with a bit of confidence.

That said I do think we are also now seeing the effect of losing Watts and Ellis. I think we need a true front row replacement ASAP not just expecting some young lad to make that grade. And I don't think anyone has filled the Ellis void. When he didn't play last year we sometimes struggled and he could turn a game with a big hit that lifted the team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, Old Frightful said:

Absolutely.

I now realise how pathetic I've been.

On the "Pathetic Scale" ranging from 1 to ten I'm probably hovering around the 1 mark. I'm gauging this against a maximum score achieved by your good self on the same scale for trying to make fun of someone's user name.

Well done.

Didums.

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Didums.

Well, that was certainly worth waiting almost three weeks for wasn't it?

Let's call a truce pal, my team upsets me far more than you could ever do.

Archived