12 Aug: Qualifiers: Halifax v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/18 at 14:00

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

How many on here are going?

Ill be there, with my wife and my in-laws who are visiting from Canada!

It will be interesting to see how many Toronto fans go to, and are at,  the game....make sure you give us  a post game report on numbers please.

Halifax is a very strong team (all around), has a good coach,and is in the groove right now, plus they are at home.  They are no gimmee.

Toronto should be in top gear today also.....therefore it looks like it could be a bruiser.

Did fax bulk up at all? 

I expect a tough game but a TWP win by 26 at least. in all honesty we are pushing for promotion and Fax is looking to spoil others parties if possible and have a good time so we will be going all out and not taking anything for granted as we prep for SL teams.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Did fax bulk up at all? 

I expect a tough game but a TWP win by 26 at least. in all honesty we are pushing for promotion and Fax is looking to spoil others parties if possible and have a good time so we will be going all out and not taking anything for granted as we prep for SL teams.

I like rough rugby, so I'm hoping it gets quite dirty (but not dirty enough that suspensions happen to either teams)

if I could pick two teams to be promoted, it would be both of these.  Halifax are a fiscally responsible, support grass roots league and have had a fan resurgence this year!  And Toronto cuz I always rep the 6ix ;)

The rain could be a real leveller. It's a tough one to call in these one off play off games when any team can up their game. I like both clubs and have friends at both. Hoping for a good game and looking forward to seeing everyone for a catch up

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

16 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

This game deserves a good crowd. Fax have a good chance and Salford players will be keeping all fingers and toes crossed for a Wolfpack loss.

I don't know about Salford,HKR, widnes and Leeds may have an eye on this result. 

Amazingly Sky would rather televise pointless games than put this one on. Im expecting a close game and if we are on the right side of some 50/50's we could win a close one.

Regarding the TV games, Sky are supposed to put each team on at least once but I cant see where Fax's last 3 fixtures fit in to this.

20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Amazingly Sky would rather televise pointless games than put this one on. Im expecting a close game and if we are on the right side of some 50/50's we could win a close one.

Regarding the TV games, Sky are supposed to put each team on at least once but I cant see where Fax's last 3 fixtures fit in to this.

Sunday is football day for sky isn't it?  Theres a great team from Manchester playing a rubbish team from London at 4 tomorrow.

Doesn't help you guys watch the match, and is definitely an argument against sky as the sigle TV provider for the super league.

I expect Toronto to win but would really like fax to put one over on them, if only to stir up the chicken coop a little bit. Most people seem to be expecting all of these fixtures to go to form yet, so far, two of them have thrown up surprises.

It should be a good game and hope there is a decent crowd, despite the rain. i won't be there, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Upset alert - When I watched this same game at New River - If you took out the first 25 minutes when TWP builit a lead the rest of the game was pretty even.

Interesting posters mentioning the weather. Now if I had posted that the rain would be a factor. there would be a few head high shots and cannonball tackles heading my way on this forum..That said the mancunian candidates are used to wet weather so I doubt that will be the cause of their demise today.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Last time i was at the Shay i had a liquid lunch, but the wife will want food at the stadium.  Anyone know what the foods like?  Is it standard match day stuff (pies chips and sausage rolls)?   I honestly dont remember the food menu, but i remember the drinks lines....

Archived