Halifax Away (Qualifiers)

ojx

Anyone else a little nervous about this game?  Halifax will be up for this game, they have nothing to lose, it isn't going to be the same as our last meetings this season.  For the pack is going to be about doing the basics right and high completion, especially in the first half. Our forwards are going to have to be firing on all cylinders to get the upper hand. In the backs, we should have the edge, especially with the addition of Mason Caton-Brown. I'd take a two point win right now, it is about substance over style at this point in the season.

Gutted it isn't on TV, I really hate listening on the radio, I'll probably just ride the refresh button.

It's the business end of the season and we're playing quality opposition every week and the reigning SL champs so I expect our boys to be all professional. No more mood swings when things get tough. It's really the best start for us as it's on paper the weakest team in the comp so if we slip a bit we can still come back. Squeaky clean bum time.

12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

has the squad been announced...?

hfx-twp.jpg.ad5eedef402c101f6e717c1317cd9d65.jpg

Is Rawsthorne injured? I would have put him ahead of Wheeler.

Also, where is Caton-Brown? Still learning the structures?

I really hope that Toronto can be disciplined and avoid the fights during the 8s.  With the Wolfpack's reputation, teams will be trying to antagonise them. It is time to be professional.

19 minutes ago, ojx said:

hfx-twp.jpg.ad5eedef402c101f6e717c1317cd9d65.jpg

Is Rawsthorne injured? I would have put him ahead of Wheeler.

Also, where is Caton-Brown? Still learning the structures?

I really hope that Toronto can be disciplined and avoid the fights during the 8s.  With the Wolfpack's reputation, teams will be trying to antagonise them. It is time to be professional.

They should be professional 24/7/365. It’s not something you can turn on and off like a tap.

rldfsignature.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Haven't you heard all the controversy (see facebook) over payment/non-payment of the fee?

??? I don't facebook, what does this mean? That he cannot play in the qualifiers?

There was a rumor on a league supporters group based on one of those ridiculous "I understand that..." tweets from a local media source in the UK. Nothing was confirmed by other media sources or either club.

In regards to the game, I am confident. Much of the anxiety seems to be based on the last game. The circumstances of that game (lineup, motivation, etc.) are completely irrelevant in the context of this weekend's game.

Game day at last. This should be an interesting test for TWP. The situation reminds me of the York game last season. This is a potential banana skin, but unlike against York where they came out flat hopefully the Fev game will have served as a wake up call and TWP come out flying. Shame the game isn't available on TV or internet, but TWP fans have been fortunate with the coverage they have had during the season.

11 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

There was a rumor on a league supporters group based on one of those ridiculous "I understand that..." tweets from a local media source in the UK. Nothing was confirmed by other media sources or either club.

But it is strange that he isn't playing.

10 minutes ago, ojx said:

But it is strange that he isn't playing.

I think Rowley has some attack plan out of the ordinary up his sleeve and will showcase it against HullKR

23 minutes ago, Loup said:

With Russell and Kay both out injured in the first half, TWP will need Caton-Brown.

We're still giving away too many penalties thru ill discipline and with a/m injuries I'm worried now with us facing  a SL side

24 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

We're still giving away too many penalties thru ill discipline and with a/m injuries I'm worried now with us facing a SL side

Too many penalties and dropped balls.

Overall a solid result. Great defence all game, that should give the players confidence.  I am sure that we would have been more expansive in the second half, if we hadn't lost the two wingers and had to organise a make-shift backline.  First game was always going to be the hardest time to face Halifax in the 8s, so job done.

Going forward, everything will depend on our four home games. I consider that anything we get away at Salford and Leeds to be bonus:

• Win 4 home games - Super League
  • Win 3 home games - Home MPG
  • Win 2 home games - Away MPG

Hull KR game on Saturday is now huge for both teams. They have a couple more days rest. Does anyone know when TWP are flying back and when HKR are coming over?

I would guess that being a full-time team HKR will come a little earlier than other sides have.

We better pay that MCB fee quickly.

The games that worry me are 1) Toulouse at home - while we've beaten them twice, we got a bit lucky late in the game in Toulouse and we let them get some easy try's in Newcastle in the 2nd half...they will be out for revenge and we will need to keep up sustained pressure for 80 mins..and 2) Leeds away, they will be very tough in their own ground. Just hope we get Liam and Matty healthy and a stellar performance from MCB  we will need all of them firing away. 

Archived