Hock bought out of this contract?

hrtbps

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

Heard from a source that the club have paid £30k to buy Hock out of his contract for next season.

Have also heard from the same source that Jay Duffy will be / has been relieved of his coaching duties for next season.

Wasn't it only a short while ago we extended his contract for 2019 surely anyone with half a brain cell would have made a sub clause opting out unless top 4 was achieved. OK he has been very good when not banned but what a mammoth cost he has been and Fev are totally to blame if they are paying him £30k to fly the nest I just wonder how much he has cost the club per match played including the speculated £30k.

Just hope John Davies remains but if he gets a decent offer he really ought to take it has he has been a loyal true workhorse and deserves better.

Who else will join Briscoe and go this year Thacks Moore Ulugia Hardman Taulapapa Ridyard Holmes Carlile Wildie Brooks perm any 6 from 10

Read hocks autobiography he's a shrewd businessman ?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

14 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If you have paid a player 30K to get out of his contract you have to wonder how much he was actually on.

My thoughts exactly no wonder fev are in the position they find themselves I just wonder how much we are paying John Duffy cos he was probably on a pittance at Swinton.

Seriously we need a closer look at our recruiting methods and I do realise players will not be queuing up to join Fev. 

No Carlilse WHY.

Looks like Wheeldon has done his knee, and Hardcastle could get a ban.

We will be lucky to put a team out next week.

Only good signs was Maskill played OK as did that young loan winger 

Yes could end up without even the Shield.

It's a pity about Hock, but needs must. A bit like Maitua a few years ago, things didn't really work out. His mid-season form shows that he wasn't really fit at the start and he didn't really influence any games that Fev wouldn't have won anyhow, although he nearly did in the Summer Bash. If his touchdown had been allowed he would have justified his wages on that game alone, but it wasn't to be. Add to that the fact he can't be relied on not to be suspended for vital games, and he might have made all the difference against Leigh at home, makes him the obvious choice to cut from the wage bill. 

2 hours ago, eltel said:

Just hope John Davies remains but if he gets a decent offer he really ought to take it has he has been a loyal true workhorse and deserves better.

I get the impression that there has been some unrest over the past few weeks with Davies in and out of the team, I just wonder if Hocks deal has peed a few players off considering how much time he’s spent in the dugout.....bet Wheeldon’s no where near what Hock was on and he’s been brilliant for us this season!! 

53 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

It's a pity about Hock, but needs must. A bit like Maitua a few years ago, things didn't really work out. His mid-season form shows that he wasn't really fit at the start and he didn't really influence any games that Fev wouldn't have won anyhow, although he nearly did in the Summer Bash. If his touchdown had been allowed he would have justified his wages on that game alone, but it wasn't to be. Add to that the fact he can't be relied on not to be suspended for vital games, and he might have made all the difference against Leigh at home, makes him the obvious choice to cut from the wage bill. 

You are not cutting much off the wage bill by giving him 30G severence contract money and then you will have to pay out contract money on a player to replace him he must be laughing his c-ck off.

2 hours ago, eltel said:

Wasn't it only a short while ago we extended his contract for 2019 surely anyone with half a brain cell would have made a sub clause opting out unless top 4 was achieved. OK he has been very good when not banned but what a mammoth cost he has been and Fev are totally to blame if they are paying him £30k to fly the nest I just wonder how much he has cost the club per match played including the speculated £30k.

Who else will join Briscoe and go this year Thacks Moore Ulugia Hardman Taulapapa Ridyard Holmes Carlile Wildie Brooks perm any 6 from 10

I agree with this completely.

if we couldn't afford these types of contracts unless we made the top four then the contracts should have included contingency clauses. Without such clauses the contracts should never have been offered. There would then have be no need to "roll the dice" 

I say this however without any idea at all what the position is in terms of the content of contracts that were signed and the recent speculation.

Holmes was great for us but given his injury prognosis we would never have offered him another contact. Ulugia would not have been offered one either for the same reason.

Thacks is at the end of his contract. Hock's contract is rumoured to have been terminated.

Moore is about ready for retirement and Misi can't possibly keep going. They continue to give everything but will their flesh let them 6 or 8 months from now?

i'm thinking Brookes could go and with a reduction to the coaching team we might stay in the black.

You would also hope for a modicum of loyalty with players prepared to stay for not quite as much as they have previously been used to. I would hope Thacks could be persuaded to stay in this connection if he remains in Duffy's plans,  Wildie too and the rest of the players not mentioned above.

With a strong DR from Leeds it shouldn't be all doom and gloom. Who knows if we made the four we might have "rolled the dice" more than once and then twisted several times before putting everything on black to achieve Super League.

Should never have been recruited in the first place. Never made the fitness levels this year. Whoever was involved in the recruiting ought to be paying the severance money out of their own pocket.

11 minutes ago, Squidward said:

if we couldn't afford these types of contracts unless we made the top four then the contracts should have included contingency clauses. Without such clauses the contracts should never have been offered. There would then have be no need to "roll the dice" 

I say this however without any idea at all what the position is in terms of the content of contracts that were signed and the recent speculation.

Holmes was great for us but given his injury prognosis we would never have offered him another contact. Ulugia would not have been offered one either for the same reason.

Thacks is at the end of his contract. Hock's contract is rumoured to have been terminated.

Moore is about ready for retirement and Misi can't possibly keep going. They continue to give everything but will their flesh let them 6 or 8 months from now?

i'm thinking Brookes could go and with a reduction to the coaching team we might stay in the black.

You would also hope for a modicum of loyalty with players prepared to stay for not quite as much as they have previously been used to. I would hope Thacks could be persuaded to stay in this connection if he remains in Duffy's plans,  Wildie too and the rest of the players not mentioned above.

With a strong DR from Leeds it shouldn't be all doom and gloom. Who knows if we made the four we might have "rolled the dice" more than once and then twisted several times before putting everything on black to achieve Super League.

Players offered new contracts are likely to stay, even if offered considerably less than they've been on, as long as it's more than they are offered elsewhere. 

So not taking the batley 2 and rams 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

23 minutes ago, Squidward said:

You'll still be top 6 as a minimum as a minimum and maybe a bit more stable without having any incentive to "roll the dice"

All conjecture at the moment. Quite a few people were happy with Longo's statement but there are still unanswered questions. Such as: Is Campbell leaving us? Are we going to use our land asset as an income source? Which players are going and which are staying? Is there any dissent in the squad, today's performance was well under par, so is there anything affecting their play? Is the Hock story true? . 

I think we need another statement giving us the facts and not just an outline of the situation. 

2 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

All conjecture at the moment. Quite a few people were happy with Longo's statement but there are still unanswered questions. Such as: Is Campbell leaving us? Are we going to use our land asset as an income source? Which players are going and which are staying? Is there any dissent in the squad, today's performance was well under par, so is there anything affecting their play? Is the Hock story true? . 

I think we need another statement giving us the facts and not just an outline of the situation. 

Some of those questions will be answered in due course at the appropriate time, not least because some of those who'll be affected may well have not been told yet. Some of the others, well....... Of course some of the squad/staff will be worried about what the future holds, but that would have been true even if we'd made the Top 4, and IF there is any unrest in the squad do you honestly think the Club are going to publicise it? Sometimes it's really difficult to remember that you're an old 'un Colin and not a youngster with little experience of life who thinks that they should (and indeed have a right to) be told everything that's going on.

The thing i don't agree with in Longos statement was that the dual reg with Leeds has worked well.Yes it's worked well for Leeds,they sent us Newman and he improveds while playing for us then we dont get him when needed ,same with Dwyer played well for us and Leeds keep him for their squad.Walters (not a S.L. player at present}played ok for us without breaking any pots but because Leeds have injury problems they recall him.Griffin if believed was on about 40g contract which we have to pay due to him not recieving prior written notice not to play the other code during our close season,wouldn't it have been better keeping him as back up.Some terrible decisions been made this season although on the whole i think the players have performed well.Only gripes THE SUMMER BASH which we threw away, the away game at Fax when we didn't turn up,and the London home game which with a bit of direction and steadiness we should have won.Undecied about membership for next season because of the dual reg with Leeds ,i would rather we scouted properly and gave a few new recruits a chance Fev coould be the ideal stepping stone for players wishing to advance to S.L.

Thacks interview says it all i.e.

We’ve got a really tight knit group and we’re there for each other but it has been difficult. We know now that we aren’t going to have the same sort of squad next year,” he admitted, continuing that “we will probably be able to keep six or seven players… it’s bad really. I’m gutted really after what we’ve been through, it started in pre-season and it’s hard – we’ve got a really good group and it’s going to be torn apart in a few weeks’ time.”

Link to Thacks interview

https://getemonsideblog.com/2018/08/12/exclusive-an-interview-with-anthony-thackeray/

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The thing i don't agree with in Longos statement was that the dual reg with Leeds has worked well.Yes it's worked well for Leeds,they sent us Newman and he improveds while playing for us then we dont get him when needed ,same with Dwyer played well for us and Leeds keep him for their squad.Walters (not a S.L. player at present}played ok for us without breaking any pots but because Leeds have injury problems they recall him.Griffin if believed was on about 40g contract which we have to pay due to him not recieving prior written notice not to play the other code during our close season,wouldn't it have been better keeping him as back up.Some terrible decisions been made this season although on the whole i think the players have performed well.Only gripes THE SUMMER BASH which we threw away, the away game at Fax when we didn't turn up,and the London home game which with a bit of direction and steadiness we should have won.Undecied about membership for next season because of the dual reg with Leeds ,i would rather we scouted properly and gave a few new recruits a chance Fev coould be the ideal stepping stone for players wishing to advance to S.L.

IMHO duel reg would be much more beneficial to us if we were allowed to select a small number of Leeds players and keep them for a pre-determined number of games, then halfway through the season both we and Leeds got the opportunity to change who we keep. In other words, use DR as more of a long-term loan arrangement, so the DR players spend more time training with our squad, playing every week, and gelling better than some of them have this season.

It's been great to see players such as Newman and Dwyer in Fev shirts this season, but there's been no consistency, and when we needed them most (ie when our squad was down to its bare bones through injuries) Leeds failed to keep their end of the bargain in supplying someone - anyone - to help us out over those few games when we couldn't even manage a full matchday squad.

Archived