McLelland to return from the other lot

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This lad was virtually a dead cert for Scotland caps, so quite a coup in my humble opinion.

Dead cert? He looks a bit small. Fair doo's to him though...

It's certainly good to see him back in rugby but he has a long way to go to reach his potential, and may never do so. The game is littered with great prospects at this age, who never kick on. He had already slipped down the pecking order at Cas before he left for union. I haven't seen a lot of the lad to judge but his game is based around a strong running game. I'm not sure he has enough other attributes to make a top half as yet, which is why Trueman usurped him in the Cas team.

I hope he goes well, but I remember have big hopes for Elliot Minchella at Leeds and sadly he's faded to obscurity of the lower leagues

15 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Ex-Cas Academy stand-off Callum McLelland is coming back to the superior code and has signed for Leeds from Edinburgh according to Nosey Parker and LE.

Good news....

He must have heard about Wane's impending switch so bailed out fast.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That wouldn't surprise me we haven't officially announced Moon leaving yet.

TBF, I think Rupert Moon is probably too old even for Leeds nowadays.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

20 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It's certainly good to see him back in rugby but he has a long way to go to reach his potential, and may never do so. The game is littered with great prospects at this age, who never kick on. He had already slipped down the pecking order at Cas before he left for union. I haven't seen a lot of the lad to judge but his game is based around a strong running game. I'm not sure he has enough other attributes to make a top half as yet, which is why Trueman usurped him in the Cas team.

I hope he goes well, but I remember have big hopes for Elliot Minchella at Leeds and sadly he's faded to obscurity of the lower leagues

Not sure how Minchella is going for the Bulls this year, but i really hope he can fulfill all the potential he showed when he was younger, and he still young enough to reach it.

Confirmed by Leeds this morning, including the payment of a transfer fee.

Signed too late to play this season; has he been playing up until the last week or so or did negotiations just take too long to get ahead of the deadline? He could have been useful to at least give a run out to this year.

I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that when he left he or his agent pretty much made out that rugby league was on its deathbed and he could achieve more etc. in the other code? I wonder what changed?

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Not sure how Minchella is going for the Bulls this year, but i really hope he can fulfill all the potential he showed when he was younger, and he still young enough to reach it.

I hope so too but think he needs his head switched on to do so. He had a lot of potential but has been slipping down the leagues. Not sure if he’s full time with the Bulls. He’s definitely still young enough to make it as you say

1 minute ago, Jarv said:

I seem to recall (perhaps incorrectly) that when he left he or his agent pretty much made out that rugby league was on its deathbed and he could achieve more etc. in the other code? I wonder what changed?

He realised union is sh!t and full of embellishment. You can’t polish a ###### 

5 hours ago, Jarv said:

According to this article, Edinburgh have signed New Zealand fly half Simon Hickey who will "do battle for the Edinburgh fly-half jersey with Argentinean Juan Pablo Socino and two South Africans, Jaco van der Walt and young academy prospect Jason Baggott".  After that list Mclelland is mentioned.

https://www.scotsman.com/rugby-union-2-14915/simon-hickey-stands-at-the-ready-for-edinburgh-1-4782499

This reads as though he was 5th in line for the number 10 shirt at Edinburgh.

Anyway, whatever the reason, it is always good to have Rugby League talent back in the game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I'd be interested to know his reasons for returning to RL after such a relatively short time. It's not as though he was in RU for two or three years before returning. He's only been there since November 2017. Very strange.

Played in the under 20's union world cup, apparently not enjoying union nor been away from his girlfriend.  Hence move back to League and Yorkshire.

Archived