Hemel

pudsey hawk

Hard work watching that. First 20 we were lack lustre and we had a similar spell in second half. Putting that aside some great tries and 54 points basically crammed into a point a minute. Looking at remaining fixtures for everyone I have worked out its between us and Whitehaven for fifth place with Oldham possibly missing out. Could come down to points difference with Whitehaven so  it's vital at Whitehaven we keep it close.

First 20 minutes were disappointing, although it can be hard to lift your game against a side you are expected to beat easily. Once Hemel had scored the first 2 points of the game, then Hunslet "got into gear" and scored some really good tries. I thought Gavin Duffy deserved to be man of the match, his finishing was absolutely "top draw". WE have definitely found 2 quality wingers at League 1 level. Hope his twisted ankle injury does not keep him out of the York game

To be in the top 5 at the end of the season, i think we need to get something out of either the York of Whitehaven games. Given that theses games are both away, that is going to be pretty difficult

Just some credit must be given to Hemel , they tackled us hard in the middle of the field and gave up.The score seems a little hard on them to me , they just seem to make a lot of silly mistakes , if they can get that sorted and add a few more established players they will do Ok. 

As for us in the end we did what we needed to and thought Straughter, Nicholson and especially Reed ran hard to beat them in the forwards, and Duffy deserved his man of the match, great to have him back and hope he is fit for Sunday.

Usual sort of display we seem to see against the teams down the wrong end of the table, Hemel came with a gameplan and I thought tackled well in the opening 20 minutes, then as the points started to come we saw the mixed bag of some great tries - coupled with some elementary mistakes! Some good individual displays ... Straugheir, Duffy, Reed, thought Wright did a decent knock when he came on.

I've looked at the remaining fixtures for everybody in the promotion frame and tried to work it out but just ended up with headache! Particularly interesting fixtures this weekend, a few points have to be dropped by the 'major players'. I do think though, that winning at Whitehaven and taking the points off them is more important than winning at York... Sunday almost feels like a 'free hit' for us... 

Archived