And now onto Hunslet.

spanishknight

Will be a tough one, we were holding on at 'orrible 'unslet the week after the cricket score against West Wales, so lets hope its a more comfortable ending this time out.

I'll be interested to see which forwards will be rested as none put a foot wrong Saturday but id expect Spears to return and possibly Ronan Dixon too. Mazive was limping so I wouldn't risk him especially as Whiteley can fill in there. Also will be interesting to see if YCK go for it and rush to form the scrums as per last Saturday. Finally, again hope there's a good crowd, would be nice to push 1,500.

One more thing; its DFJ's birthday Sunday, hopefully on the pitch it's one for him to forget!

7 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Finally, again hope there's a good crowd, would be nice to push 1,500.

I hope so too Stato! ? I think the home crowds have dipped a bit of late. Probably a mix of summer holidays, weaker opposition and little away support. No excuse against Hunslet, they’ll bring a few, well one or two ?, should provide great opposition and a really tough game. Would be brilliant to push 1,500. At the same time the Bulls will be taking on third placed Worky. Will Town run the Bulls close or even beat them? Are we on target to return to the top of the league on Sunday. Be there to find out!

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

24 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Will be a tough one, we were holding on at 'orrible 'unslet the week after the cricket score against West Wales, so lets hope its a more comfortable ending this time out.

I'll be interested to see which forwards will be rested as none put a foot wrong Saturday but id expect Spears to return and possibly Ronan Dixon too. Mazive was limping so I wouldn't risk him especially as Whiteley can fill in there. Also will be interesting to see if YCK go for it and rush to form the scrums as per last Saturday. Finally, again hope there's a good crowd, would be nice to push 1,500.

One more thing; its DFJ's birthday Sunday, hopefully on the pitch it's one for him to forget!

more thing; its DFJ's birthday Sunday, hopefully on the pitch it's one for him to forget!

Who? lol

I think Fordy has been very diplomatic when previewing upcoming fixtures, and has selected the team he feels confident of winning the game. I'm sure he'll do the same this week. I don't expect to see the Knights rushing to form the scrums early on, but if they can build a comfortable lead and get into a winning position, maybe then they will. Winning and getting 2 points has to be the only objective this weekend.

1 hour ago, yck2017 said:

more thing; its DFJ's birthday Sunday, hopefully on the pitch it's one for him to forget!

Who? lol

Dee Foggin-Johnston, joint top scorer for YCK last season. Now at Hunslet.

Might seem an odd thing to say looking at the table but I don't actually think Sunday's result will have too much bearing on the final table ... Win, lose or draw, I think we'll still have to win our other remaining four games to make the playoffs - including the 'crunch' fixture up at Whitehaven last game but one. Admittedly us winning would greatly increase our chances of finishing third.

As for you gentlemen, I know you'll feel you have to keep winning but I very much suspect that whatever you do from here on in - even if you win all five or lose all five - you'll still come in second...

Anyway let's not worry about the rest of the season, here's to a good'un on Sunday - may the best team win!  :)

Thanks for that. Four of our last 5 games are against teams we could play should we be involved in the play offs, so it is important we keep winning to put down a marker.. Obviously I hope we go up automatically, but that is a big ask now, so a convincing end to the normal season would be good going into the play off games.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:01 AM, Hawkwindbag said:

Might seem an odd thing to say looking at the table but I don't actually think Sunday's result will have too much bearing on the final table ... Win, lose or draw, I think we'll still have to win our other remaining four games to make the playoffs - including the 'crunch' fixture up at Whitehaven last game but one. Admittedly us winning would greatly increase our chances of finishing third.

As for you gentlemen, I know you'll feel you have to keep winning but I very much suspect that whatever you do from here on in - even if you win all five or lose all five - you'll still come in second...

Anyway let's not worry about the rest of the season, here's to a good'un on Sunday - may the best team win!  :)

Our final game of the regular season is Whitehaven at home , good of you to soften them up for us the week before ?

I think Sunday will be a very close game , couple of points in it either way and not as some have predicted here.....

Just now, georgeb1 said:

Matty marsh and will oakes are not included in this weekends visit to Toronto, so if available could be very useful to cover for our injuries.

Up the kneets???

Has Marsh got over his injury problem yet, or more to the point do we need him Cockayne is on fire at the moment, if Mazive is out injured Oksey could well play wing

If Marsh is fit he should play full back. Matt Chilton has done really well so far, but these are big games coming up, and experience counts for a lot. Marsh had been playing well at full back, so if he is fit, I expect him to start. I think Oakes may well play a big part in Rovers run in, so if we need him to cover for Judah then fine, but I'd not be too concerned if he wasn't included, in fact Whiteley may be a better choice given he is with us for the rest of the season. We'll know tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

Chilton n Whiteley for me, I think they will be key players next year, so get em bedded in now while things r goin good

I agree re next season, but while we still have a chance of automatic promotion, I'd certainly start with Marsh if he is available. For what it's worth, I think we could be back at the top of the league come Sunday teatime, Bradfords' game with Workington looks much tougher than ours.

27 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

I agree re next season, but while we still have a chance of automatic promotion, I'd certainly start with Marsh if he is available. For what it's worth, I think we could be back at the top of the league come Sunday teatime, Bradfords' game with Workington looks much tougher than ours.

Can't see the Bulls losing another game, hope im wrong, all we can do is keep winning and hope for the best.

44 minutes ago, Haxbytyke said:

Knights could go top on points difference on Sunday if we win well and Town run Bradford close.

Winning promotion is all that matters , I've stopped worrying about what the bulls do, if we have to watch 2 York wins in the playoffs so be it, let's sit back and enjoy what has been a fantastic season

Well our squad is out and three notable omissions are Chappell (knee), Duffy (ankle) and Ashton (suspended) all of whom I would have liked to see in a Hunslet shirt on Sunday, but leaves our options in the threequarters much reduced.

As usual, a few old boys making their way up the A64 on Sunday ... Foggin-Johnston, Straugheir, Grimshaw, Lee ...

Just now, Haxbytyke said:

Just listened to Fordy's preview fo this weeks game. Sounds like Judah and Ronan Dixon are 50/50, but Andy Ellis is out. Oakes and Marsh are available, but no clues as to whether they will play or not.

Think we have two good hookers who can do a great job when Andy cant play, we have a pack of 9 or 10 forwards who are among the best in this division.

Sensible move by fordy including the dual reg players, Judah etc will get a well earned rest, sounds bad news about jbf they don't think he'll play again this year.

Anyway as said plenty of skill and power on show again , York win by 12.

Up the fantastic kneets???

Archived