Ryan Hall - ACL

It's hard to imagine that the Millennium Magic win over Bradford in 2007 could ever be remembered for anything other than the refereeing scandal (where Steve Ganson failed to send of Terry Newton for an off the ball assault on Jamie Thackray, leaving Leeds struggling to a popular and heroic last second win). But that game was actually the one in which Ryan Hall made his debut, off the bench.

Ever since his frankly almost impossible try in the Grand Final of 2008 he's consistently produced the goods for Leeds and for England and his finishing has got better and better over the years. If anything his form has sometimes run counter to Leeds's - he was poor in some spells of 2015, quite good when he played in 2016 and has probably been the best player this year.

My only regret is what might have been had Senior played on a little longer or Senior's replacement been able to give Hall more ball. Unfortunately we brought in a centre whose preference is not to draw a man and pass so Hall's try-scoring rates dropped off precipitously. The team's consistently poor regular season form and unstructured play under McDermott also didn't help. But I do wonder if he had continued scoring 30+ tries a season that Eric Harris's club record might not be in sight by now and the target might not have helped encouraged him to stay.

Whatever happens, he's been my favourite Leeds player of the past couple of years and we're going to miss him terribly. His loss is pretty grievous at this particular moment but whatever happens to him or us, no-one will ever forget this moment of magic -

58 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

4-9 months for an ACL generally. If its relatively minor and he heals quickly he might be back for the autumn internationals, if its particularly bad and heals slowly he'll be back Early next year. 

If its in the middle he will get a full-preseason in.

4? impossible

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Hodgson was playing in 7 months and that was seen as unusually fast . He was doing work to get ready from a fair time before , so it’s a really big thing 

25 minutes ago, lewis9966 said:

4? impossible

Didnt a workington player have a ACL injury , came back after 4 month or so and scored 4 trys on his return ? DavidM

Very sad. Brett Morris will get the jump on Ryan Hall for the Sydney Roosters' vacant wing spot.

The Roosters looked like they were reckless in signing two top class wingers for one spot. But I am sure that now they feel lucky that they signed Morris as well as Hall. Who knows, by the time Hall is fit again, either Morris or Daniel Tupou may have been injured.

As a rugby fan I am gutted for Ryan Hall, genuinely one of the best wingers I've seen play and seems to be a genuinely nice bloke. 

I hope he has the speediest of recoveries and shows the NRL what they have missed out on for years 

I can't think of a top-class player from another club who has never, ever annoyed me at one moment or another during a game. Hall would fall into that category: an outstanding winger and also a very clean, very likeable one.

It is really sad that this has happened but everything you know about him tells you he will do the right things, recover quickly, and I wish him all the best for the next chapter after Super League.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived