Hull Kingston Rovers

RobertAM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Just had a thought..will the ref have access to video replay at Lamport on Saturday?

I was wondering about that too, will they put a a temporary video screen? Won't they need many more cameras for different angles?

6 minutes ago, ojx said:

I was wondering about that too, will they put a a temporary video screen? Won't they need many more cameras for different angles?

Hope they do and it catches a lot of Mason Caton-Brown doing limping Liam proud and diving in from the wing!

Seems like a can't lose scenario for the Wolfpack as this is one of the games I had them losing to get to a 5-2 record.

If they win it will give them a little wiggle room against Salford or Toulouse.

If they lose well they have 2 weeks to prepare for London.

38 minutes ago, ojx said:

Good point. The big screen is not a must, Catalans played without for many seasons, but games filmed by French TV are subject to video reviews.

My understanding is that it's not Sky filming but the crew hired by the Wolfpack. Do they meet Video referee criteria? No idea.

It also all depends on the wording of RFL rules. If it says "all televised games...", then they have to do it, whatever the number of cameras and angles, it is still more than 6 human eyes.

11 hours ago, manu266 said:

Good point. The big screen is not a must, Catalans played without for many seasons, but games filmed by French TV are subject to video reviews.

My understanding is that it's not Sky filming but the crew hired by the Wolfpack. Do they meet Video referee criteria? No idea.

It also all depends on the wording of RFL rules. If it says "all televised games...", then they have to do it, whatever the number of cameras and angles, it is still more than 6 human eyes.

If its not a SKY televised game i don't think we will have VAR. are any of our home games chosen by SKY?

8 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

If its not a SKY televised game i don't think we will have VAR. are any of our home games chosen by SKY?

Everytime there is a Wolfpack and/or a Catalan home game, there are 3 other games broadcast, so I don't think Sky is doing it, they only do 3 UK games per round, but they will show Wolfpack and Catalan games if they are filmed locally.

Games after Sept.9 haven't been confimed yet, but I don't see Sky coming here for Toulouse nor Widnes. They might come for the Million Pound Game.

I don't know which company did the filming for them but there seemed to no video replay problems when Premier had the Championship rights a few years ago. In fact they were first to Mike up the video ref and talk through the replay. It's not essential to have a big screen or as many camera angles.

I see on the Hull KR thread, they declare that the full squad now have their worker visa's(their words), so a full team for you.

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I see on the Hull KR thread, they declare that the full squad now have their worker visa's(their words), so a full team for you.

they also claim it all thanks to all that hard work from their staff :O

6 minutes ago, RogerT said:

They're going to have be more creative with their excuses when they lose. The Wolfpack have been waiting for two years for this game. Finally, an SL team at home, they are going to be going all out.

They also praised that lawyer and also the Canadian High Commission.

It's true  about back room staff doing the donkey work, which is very different from the likes of Batley, and Dewsbury where they work more with volunteers.

not knocking anybody, just how it was.

Yep it would be nice if the League got more involved to help teams that can't support a full time backroom...I could be all wet here but I really think the SL teams should support Ch and L1 more...after all it is about the entire rugby league show not just the SL "spectacle" ...

23 minutes ago, ojx said:

They're going to have be more creative with their excuses when they lose. The Wolfpack have been waiting for two years for this game. Finally, an SL team at home, they are going to be going all out.

You are right WP will be going gangbusters for a win but let's not fool ourselves it is going to be a very tough game..

SL don't give a monkies about anybody but themselves, so it's everybody for themselves. I believe that the RFL down sized their staffing levels so they probably would not be able to assist greatly, shame really.

8 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

What do you mean? The game is on sky unless they are no longer showing it and I’ve missed that. 

they are just taking our feed and using the freebie i believe, they aren't sending their crews here to film it. our game vs salford in salford will have video ref a t hat will actually be a SKY production. But its all behind the SN W paywall if you want to watch it.

I've not followed TWP or Hull KR players location this week.   Are any of the 2 teams in Canada already or are they still to arrive?  If the latter are they coming today or tomorrow?  If tomorrow, does that mean both teams will be on the same Air Transat plane or does AT have 2 planes lined up?.......maybe because they need to, so as to accommodate HKR supporters?  I know....trivial stuff but interesting for me.

21 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I've not followed TWP or Hull KR players location this week.   Are any of the 2 teams in Canada already or are they still to arrive?  If the latter are they coming today or tomorrow?  If tomorrow, does that mean both teams will be on the same Air Transat plane or does AT have 2 planes lined up?.......maybe because they need to, so as to accommodate HKR supporters?  I know....trivial stuff but interesting for me.

Danny Mcguire said on the BBC SL show that they will land Thursday in TO. TWP should have arrived by now.

49 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

TWP came home to Toronto on Monday.

32 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

TWP came home to Toronto on Monday.

did indeed..had a nice chat with Ryan Brierley at the shop on Tuesday and saw some of the others walking into Lamport

Archived