Hull Kingston Rovers

RobertAM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Three questions. Did Rovers bring many? Did they sing? Did they drink?

I'm guessing 150+ fans but you know how unreliable crowd counts are from Wolfpack (that's a joke).

They sang. They drank. But I didn't see many of them in the 3Brasseurs pub for pre- and post-game, not sure where they went unless they showed up later. Two weeks ago, the Fev fans and team packed the pub out after the game.

39 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Three questions. Did Rovers bring many? Did they sing? Did they drink?

There was a nice 40 maybe 50 people pack at the 40m line, North East side. That group was vocal. There were some more in the Beer Garden and maybe in the West stands.

Saw a lot of other SL jerseys, Leeds, Widnes, Wigan and even a couple of Hull FC, hadn't seen that many before.

And yeah of course they drank, hard to skip at Lamport, not a good place to quit.

Good bunch in 3B before the game, a number sat behind us in west stand, we chatted with them throughout good bunch o lads.

a sizeable contingent in the east side..Loup had it right at about 120-150. 

What was the crowd yesterday? I checked the TWP website but they haven’t added it.

I did hear someone mention 8,000. I’m not one of the conspiracy theorists that think the attendances are faked but wouldn’t that be not far off capacity? There looked to be plenty of space left. I would’ve guessed 6,000 - 7,000 which is still better than a couple of Super League teams.

EDIT: Wikipedia has it at 7,500.

image.png.1c226529de7abd0837eb2576b9d6d8ef.png

Top 3 despite the loss, not bad. The 2 other teams at 2pts, TWP will have to beat them, which is more than realistic. 

We will have to follow Hull KR closely as they are in control to get top 3 too. They go to Leeds next round, then Halifax, London at home, away in Toulouse, and then Widnes at home. They can hope 8/10, although that trip to Toulouse will not be easy.

I cannot see Toronto getting 8/10, so that would mean MPG...

Tough loss but Hull KR took advantage of their chances...TWP did their best but it just wasn't good enough on the day...missed opportunity but thats the way the cookie crumbles.  As far as the visiting fans they were well behaved but they didn't approach Hunslet for the singing.

On to London now.

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Tough loss but Hull KR took advantage of their chances...TWP did their best but it just wasn't good enough on the day...missed opportunity but thats the way the cookie crumbles.  As far as the visiting fans they were well behaved but they didn't approach Hunslet for the singing.

On to London now.

How many Hunslet fans turned up? I would imagine if TWP went up next and they played Leeds in Super League with plenty of time to plan, the match not falling during the expensive holiday season, and not clashing with an important Leeds United fixture there could easily be 1000+ rhinos fans take the trip across the atlantic.

Just now, fevtom said:

How many Hunslet fans turned up? I would imagine if TWP went up next and they played Leeds in Super League with plenty of time to plan, the match not falling during the expensive holiday season, and not clashing with an important Leeds United fixture there could easily be 1000+ rhinos fans take the trip across the atlantic.

I forget exactly but there was quite a few...the most yet from a visiting team as far as I could tell and did they ever sing and they were loud.   They are the champs so far.

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

On to London now.

I’m not interested in how biscuits crumble Kman. The Wolfpack let me down.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

I’m not interested in how biscuits crumble Kman. The Wolfpack let me down.

No one is as down as I my friend....but tomorrow is another day! 

8 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Leeds aren’t exactly renowned for their travelling support. I could see Wigan or Hull taking more than Leeds under the same circumstances.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

No one is as down as I my friend....but tomorrow is another day! 

It was a double edged sword too. Not only did the Dobbins defeat the Wolfpack but the win gives them more heart for the upcoming games. A Wolfpack win and the red and white heathens were staring down the barrel of three losses from three matches.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

It was a double edged sword too. Not only did the Dobbins defeat the Wolfpack but the win gives them more heart for the upcoming games. A Wolfpack win and the red and white heathens were staring down the barrel of three losses from three matches.

What ifs DP...you know I only deal in cold hard facts.  They have a nice team, all around speed and quick to counter attack, good defence too...an all around nice squad overall.  Thing is, we had them and failed to squeeze but we did our best.  On another day the outcome might have been different, but, as I said, what ifs.

Totally gutted on this end.

Definitely an opportunity missed in this game. Thought we should have gone for tries instead of kicking the penalties at the start of the second half, it showed a lack of confidence.

We have to win our next three home games, can't wait for the London game already. Damn this Challenge Cup thing interrupting the Qualifiers. 

14 hours ago, ojx said:

Definitely an opportunity missed in this game. Thought we should have gone for tries instead of kicking the penalties at the start of the second half, it showed a lack of confidence.

We have to win our next three home games, can't wait for the London game already. Damn this Challenge Cup thing interrupting the Qualifiers. 

Very good point re kicks there Ojx. Thought the first was fair enough to draw level, but the second, coming after 8 unanswered points and a lot of possession rather released the pressure.

Should have gone for it at that point. 

However, hindsight and all that...

yep pressure on now..agree we have to win at home and who knows we might be able to take one of the two away against either Salford or Leeds. kinda hoping the SL teams play to ties..take a point off each other..

Just re-watched the game...we should have had them...we hit the line so many times only to get stalled by their excellent defence and while our defence was good we made some major handling errors but it does give me heart that if we carry the home games we can upset at least one SL team. Keep the faith!

hey folks!

so i just watched the game last night and I've avoided all things RL until this morning so i wouldn't discover the score accidentally.

it was a great game and in the end two interceptions were the difference. I put those down to luck more than skill anyway but in the end its a loss but a very positive one at that. HKR were THE in form team coming into the 8's and are still being tipped to be within the top 2 of the qualifiers. we didn't lose our heads and we came back from a deficit and played our hearts out. as people have commented previously we haven't faced intense competition each and every week and that's was a big negative in our books, but as we keep playing in the qualifiers our ceiling is much higher than half the teams in the qualifiers so we will just keep getting better and better. this was a must win for HKR and a great  indicator for us as to where we stand. gutted about the loss but very happy to see how we performed. A weeks rest will hopefully heal up some bodies and we will be able to play at our best against London for the win. realistically we need to beat the champ teams (who have been playing great) and we need a SL scalp. Widnes is what everyone will likely be looking at but we need to go all out at Slaford and try and get everything wrapped up as early as possible.

How great was it to see one of the two FT SL refs at Lamport? Elstone was impressed form what I've read already this morning.

Archived