Biggest club crowd in London for 5 years ?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Is Wembley in London?

That's a can of worms. It's got a Harrow postcode so many in London consider it to be Middlesex but I would wager most outside of London would consider it to be London.

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Have the Broncos sold 2k tickets or have the Rhinos sold 2k tickets?

The game has so far sold 2k tickets. No club has EVER brought 2k to London. I would estimate the best travelling support is Leeds and Wigan with maybe 500/750. The Championship brings anywhere between 0 and 250 away fans, the latter only Bradford, Leigh and HKR.  

9 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Toronto got 1600 to their game against Halifax. London v Halifax 700ish. Wolfpack more popular in London than London.

Hmmm 1600 at that game... Are they sure. I was there. Did not look like 1600 paying customers

Either way its great London are selling tickets and I will have to see if I can find a way to get there on the day. 

It is also conceivable that the recent run and the well publicised Widnes win, which WAS ON TV, presented the Broncos in a hugely positive light and has attracted new comers and maybe some former disenchanted Broncos fans, as there are many from the five figure crowds early SL, pre five or six moves and ###### on the field. Also the Broncos have sent flyers to 25k (I think) homes in Ealing, if 0.5% of those result in a paying spectator, good news. My concern is we always appear to fold when we have a chance to impress, like the return to The Stoop for St Helens game, etc. 

48 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

The game has so far sold 2k tickets. No club has EVER brought 2k to London. I would estimate the best travelling support is Leeds and Wigan with maybe 500/750. The Championship brings anywhere between 0 and 250 away fans, the latter only Bradford, Leigh and HKR.  

Are you talking about the current ground? 

Because I and 6,000 other Cas supporters made the trek to The Valley in 2000 when the club sponsor agrred to pay for all the coaches.

Surely the most important stat is whether they get more or fewer than when they played Leeds 2 years ago. If they set a new ground record for RL, that would be unalloyed good news.

1845 for Leeds in 2016. RL record.

2278 ground record for Ealing RU.

From Ruben Wikipedia:

On 18 April 2015, Ealing Trailfinders set the record attendance for a rugby union match at TFSG hosting Rosslyn Park attracting 2,278 which is currently the record at the ground.[3]

On 20 August 2016, London Broncos hosted 10 times Super League champions Leeds to Vallis Way attracting a record rugby league crowd to the ground of 1,845.[4] It was also the first ever televised sports match at the ground with Sky Sports at the game

Would be nice to break the ground record.  I hope the occasion also makes some money for the landlords to keep them happy and keen on our presence there.

22 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Are you talking about the current ground? 

Because I and 6,000 other Cas supporters made the trek to The Valley in 2000 when the club sponsor agrred to pay for all the coaches.

Yes, I remember that day well. A great initiative but the exception to the rule for away support in any of Broncos former homes.

4 hours ago, RoverBear said:

What was the gate for the Milwall Wigan Vs. Catalan? I'd suspect that was bigger.

That is no more a club game than the CC final - it is a one-off extravaganza.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived